Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
That's WITH buffs, mind you. But fug bro, buffs are part of her frickin class, use them!

edit: I said she's not FULLY buffed ;)

edit 2: there's really no point in going shaman 19, I'd say go Loremaster 3 for a second secret, much better

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Cameilla is trash, I just got an animal companion for tanking+another party member who has better utility, who needs her lol ? Didn’t use her for Drezen nor any time afterwards.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Matalarata what Secret did you pick with that Loremaster level?

Anyway, on the subject of Camellia: I don't really like using her as a "tank", mainly because I vastly prefer having a Cleric in my group and her list overlaps with it too much (she brings Barkskin, but I rarely adventure without an Alchemist or a Druid, so that's not a problem). So far, my best "tanks" have been my MC's horse (which indirectly also protects another character while mounted), an Alchemist Woljif, and a Bard Seelah. Camellia seems to me like a bit of a waste: her curses are useful, but I already have Ember and I'd prefer having Sosiel with Nobility and Community as Impossible Domains; her crits are good, but otherwise her damage isn't impressive and everyone's crits can be good in this game; her spells list is full of good stuff, but so is Sosiel's. She just doesn't bring anything unique enough to the table to justify her presence in a party of 6 characters.

MartinK

Learned
'K

zkJRdv7.gif

How the fuck can sword be necrotic? Is it like laced with feces, like everytime she poops she picks it up and rubs it all over her sword giggling "if I don’t get you the infection will"? What the fuck is wrong with D&D 3.75E?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
>Walking Around the map.

>Gets a random encounter

> 4 Ash giants lvl 14 + 1 Giant Level 19 ,

> Gets Gangbanged by the Ash giants with 40 and 50 hits.

> PC Dies without having a turn or chance to attack.

Fuck you too game.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
>Walking Around the map.

>Gets a random encounter

> 4 Ash giants lvl 14 + 1 Giant Level 19 ,

> Gets Gangbanged by the Ash giants with 40 and 50 hits.

> PC Dies without having a turn or chance to attack.

Fuck you too game.
I just turn on TB for world map to cheese encounters otherwise it’ll be a instawipe cause you can’t buff.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Matalarata what Secret did you pick with that Loremaster level?

Improved Improved Improved Critical (Rapier) ofc

For those that do the same ...go with the one with 3x imp, it's better.

As for the rest of your post NJClaw, she's actually my tertiary tank, my main two are my pc, which is even more impressive ( should post screenie, mebbe) and my druid animal companion. Cam is excellent in defense but her damage depends on short duration buffs like Divine Power (of which you get A LOT thx to abundant casting) so I reserve those for hard fights. Ymmv.

I hardly need heals, even with my juiced difficulty I have 100+ CLW potions and never had to buy or craft. Cam and Druid reserve level 1 slots for heals and that's pretty much it. Do use soothing mud instead of lesser restoration, to alleviate that, if you need a bit more.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Will do later, but it's nothing special for those that know the system, really. Vivisectionist is a broken class that should have never seen the light of day.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Isn't loremaster bugged so you lose a caster level at LM1?

Erhm didn't notice.... Between all the extra slots from IAC and the fact I got it at an even level... Could be.

Why the loremaster dip?

To get Improved Improved Improved Critical with no prereq. mainly... Increasing crit multiplier to x3 is yuge! And it stacks with keen for a long time.

Last edited:

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Do the natural attack damage bonus amulets improve the damage of bite attacks as provided by the barbarian rage power beast totem ? And does it also increase the damage of gorge attacks as provided by the demon path or the helmet that adds a gorge attack ? So far I've always sold these and now I am wondering if I these amulets can actually be useful for anything other than monks that rely on unarmed attacks.

cw8

Cipher
For some reason, Daeran got a Blizzard spell after a level up and it's one of my favourites and far better than most mid level cold spells. It bursts out from him instantly and targets only enemies like the old Horrid Wilting in BG2, it also bypasses SR. It's only 20 feet radius but if you somehow get in the middle of a bunch of demons and trigger it, you'll do good dmg if they all fail their Reflex saves and your allies don't have to worry about anything. Too bad it's only once day.

blizzard.jpg

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I think i hav a exploit with Jannah Aldori at Molten core that gives you infinite Lawful actions points.. For some reason after you end the dialogue with her , you can just talk again and again
:M

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
In Ch1 I think I missed the perception check for the place that has the kineticist in the house? Is there anyway I can make that check?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Mistakes I did on my first playthrough:
1. Took Wenduag instead of Lann who has 2 attacks per round from the start
2. Used Wenduag instead of Camellia as offtank.
3. Walked around Kenabres with 3 and later 4 party members because I didn't want to take Nenio and took Daeran too late
4. Took the quests in a bad order - started with the market square and tried to clear it. Wiljeff's quest, library and Banquet should be taken first in order to increase the party size
5. Built Wenduag for a double wielder but only gave her two weapons after she took the mythic double wielding at lvl 7.
6. Combined with all of this, my MC is a Wizard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom