Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    You can DD through all the doors if you have it. There's some great loot there, the bugged machine cost me 3 doors.

^ Top  
  2. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    And I was trying so hard to figure out what I missed.
    In the end I just Dimension Doored inside those rooms(

• Fishy Fishy x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Use Heighten spell metamagic and it will land.

^ Top  
  4. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    What vrock?

Oh, I get it, the ritual. I'm afraid I already messed that up.

^ Top  
  5. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Should I clear the market before or after the Inn attack? I wonder if I can get to lvl 5 if I clear the whole market, or I should get to lvl 5 through the Inn attack and then clear the market.

^ Top  
  6. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You should clear it twice. Before and after attack.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. jf8350143 Savant

jf8350143
    Did some google research and tried one of the solution:delete the owlcat registry key. Now the game is working fine. Not sure why the registry key would cause this but I blame Owlcat and their incompetence.

Also run into another bug in chapter 5, the succubus companion quest requires me to talk to the NPC about her dreams and then it stucks and the conversation won't end. This is the second bug that completely prevents me from finish a companion's quest.

^ Top  
  8. Sunri Learned

Sunri
    [​IMG]
    ok this battle is hardcore af i spend one hour on it and i just can't do it reloaded old save and cleared slavers one by one

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Whaaaaaaaaaat? I just rushed Fort after attack... man wtf.

^ Top  
  10. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    Anyone know what the 3 switches in the basement of the chapter 1 inn do?

^ Top  
  11. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    Random thoughts FWIW:

There's definitely some replayability - some options close off and others open up depending on your character, alignment and skills, so that roleplaying different characters feels different enough, especially in terms of lawful vs. chaotic choices. I'm not that far enough into the game to see if, like in PFK, there will be some decisions I made earlier that have impact later, but I'm sure there probably will be, as they did that quite well in PFK.

Mind you, that's with a roleplaying attitude - i.e. not an attitude of "I'm going to check Owlcat's oil and professionally go through every little option to see what's what, and always sniff out the optimal path." IOW, if you have the roleplaying blinkers on, treat it as a simulation and roleplay your character, it's quite rewarding, and one gets the sense that's the attitude they would prefer players to have, that's how they've set the quests up.

The "village living under an illusion" trope seems to be quite common in videogames these days (there was something similar in Deadfire IIRC). It's quite nicely done here, I was a little bit moved. The other quest with the dwarf shamaness in the same area was quite moving too.

Not for the first time, I'm noticing that there's always a level of getting one's head into a game that's deeper than you initially have. I mean, you think when you're starting off playing a game that you understand it, and you kind of do, but after a while it sinks in at a deeper level, and you're starting to juggle all the plates in your head (I mean in terms of precisely what is doing what, so that the combat log becomes transparent). I remember this phase with PFK and other games; you get your head around a game, then when it's finished, just like after leaving school you forget most of what you learned, and it takes a while to get it ingrained again.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Open a secret room with +2 CHA circlet and some minor shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    You need the 4th switch behind the shield.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Zayne Educated

Zayne
    That's probably how it's intended to be - Azata can't stand slavers and should attack them as soon as she meets them (after buying their slaves and items, ofc)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Slavery is probably the most hated thing to a Azata. Chaotic Good is all about freedom to do anything that doesn't hurt the freedom of others. Azata = Cosmic Ancap.

----------------

Anyway, what I liked on kingmaker
    • Discovering the story of the companions
    • Building a interesting character
    • Getting a barony and seeing it expanding and growing with me and my companions
    • Solving problems plaguing my barony
    • Solving mysteries of ancient curses and dealing with feyfolk.
    • Taking decisions during kingdom managing
    • Using cool spells
    • Dungeon crawling
    • (...)
    what I liked in WoTR :
    • Using cool spells
    • Building a interesting character
    The rest, is inferior to kingmaker. Not that PF:WoTR is bad, but companions for eg, the best companion moment in the game is when you meet

ch 5 spoiler (open)
    Jubilost in a broken carriage

This game is amazing, I liked playing it, but honestly, I wish that OwlCat had taken other module to adapt. WoTR is probably the worst module and if it can be fun with the worst AP, imagine the best AP...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. jf8350143 Savant

jf8350143
    Chapter 4 is my favourite, I would love it to be expanded into a full game. A team of adventures went into a strange city to do some important shit. Didn't have to deal with the crusader system is a huge plus as well.

The city itself is kind meh though, I like deadfire's Neketaka better.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Rafidur Learned

Rafidur
    The city rotation thingy was cool, but not at 3 fps, and certainly not the 20th time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. volklore Prophet

volklore
    The hardest thing in this game is chosing roleplay vs mechanics. I kept my options open for now with my sorc and the choice between azata (mechanics) and Lich (roleplay) will be a hard one. Will I try to roleplay a cosmic hippy shooting rainbow arrow to enjoy big DCs and triple saves on control spells ? Some chaotic option are pretty cool, some really cringe and also I don't want regill to dislike me.
    :shredder:

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Lagole Gon Arcane Patron

Lagole Gon
    Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Are the camp quartermaster conversations only for flavour? Or they actually have consequences?
    I told him soldiers could use a rousing song before the siege and now I feel kind of lame and gay about it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. smaug Self-Ejected Patron

Self-Ejected
    Insert Title Here
    Is it a proper mega-city like Athkalta? Kingmaker didn’t have any mega-city, so I was hoping for one, shame it’s in CH4.

• No No x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Sunri Learned

Sunri
    Is there a way to ressurect companions in ch4 i don't have diamonds/scrolls

• cuck cuck x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Salvo Savant

Salvo
    >Meme Commando

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  23. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    who the fuck designed the midnight isles?

cancerous place indeed. obtuse pathfinding pun intended, loads of shitty npcs that clog up performance, pixel hunting... ugh.. act 4 can suck my dick.

Fucking rotating CITY wityh 5 fps... wow.. fucking fun.

fuck u owlcat

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    That feeling when even Victor starts to understand that "city where everything is epic level lich and even their servants are epic level liches!" is fucking boring. Congrats, owlcat, you magnificent bastards! You achieved impossible!

• incline incline x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    He's best bro. I would trade most of party members for him. Moment when he comes to you with some gold he and other regular soldiers collected for their commander...:love:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.