Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Suggestion 1: commission more portraits. Weird how a character as narratively insignificant as your quartermaster has a portrait while others like Zacharius have to go without. And the FemAzata desperately needs a portrait that doesn't make her look like a stageplay extra.

Suggestion 2: replace all those consumable-harvesting spots on the overworld with actual zones and dungeons.

Suggestion 3: nourish the lategame mythics with something, anything more.

Could you please give me your email credentials so I can fill those suggestions for you?

volklore

Arcane
Thug dip is a bit annoying since it insta triggers on combat start, so with it and Persuade 1 you will be chasing after enemies the whole game. Very effective though. It also (used to) trigger when your character isn't there, so when the plot splits your party, which made several battles much easier.

Rowdy also works well with the +crit modifiers and SA stacking for easy access to 2k crits, dunno if they fixed them cleaving across the whole screen with ICF.

I don't really mind the chasing. I was kinda planning to play the thug build with more ranged characters than I usually use. Plus enemies are only frightened 1 round and by midgame there is always a couple of enemies per encounter that are immune to shaken so I can focus on those while the rest is running. Also I play turn based, so with good planning of initiative, I should be able to get a round before they get running.
As far as crit feats I am not really planning around them because Owlcat seems to have disabled respecs on hard and above and I just don't feel like picking them early (and picking them at m6 is too late). The thing I like about trickster is the skill based stuff and adding utility to character around skill checks. Which is why I like the mobility, persuasion and trickery lines (athletics too looks quite cool, although early ranks feel a bit replaceable) because I get to build with skill focus, mythic skill focus, buffs giving skill bonuses and so on, and skill monkey classes that get big bonuses to skills get to build around that for combat. Perception feats are just a little bit more boring for me (except CNS) since it doesn't feel like bending the rule in a weird way as much as the rest of the stuff and in effect just gives you extra damage.
I wish Owlcat designed trickster almost entirely around using skills like making UMD spell DC based on your UMD modifier, making knowledge checks to inspect enemy also debuff them if you beat the DC of the checks by over a certain amount, because as a trickster you understand you can write minuses on the enemy card to make them weaker. It would fit the meta joke theme of the path too. I am assuming a ton of these ideas got brought up when owlcat designed the path but it got complicated to implement. Still kinda sad.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Have they said anywhere how long that Google survey will be open? I was trying to find out but couldn't see anything. I wouldn't mind picking up my pace and trying to see some of the later stuff to more fully answer the questions if possible. If not, I'll just provide feedback for what I have done.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah Greater Enduring Spells is just ridiculous. And it applies to things that aren't even spells, like Mutagen, or Arcanist Exploits. 24H Wooden Flesh, lmao.

One of the shittiest things about Legend is losing access to that, it's painful.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I mentioned the pf1e ruleset in what I liked most and what I disliked the most, crusade management.

"Fells too dissociated from gameplay. NWN2 Crossroad keep fort is much better implemented. You build a wizard tower and you can visit it. In Kingmaker and Wrath, seems like the kingdom management is another game."

Ohter thing.

TiTnHtt.png

mediocrepoet

Patron
People can say many things about you, Meredoth, but no one could say that you are inconsistent. :love:

I'm pretty happy about everything I've seen so far, tbh. I just wish they had the bugs ironed out more already. I even don't mind the crusade army game thing. It's not great, but it's not awful either. It breaks things up a bit and doesn't detract from the experience.

I don't know, I still have to finish this one and reflect on it, but so far just like with Kingmaker, I'd put Wrath on my GOAT list. Possibly even at the top of it. These games just hit all the things I look for in gaming and I'm certain that most/all of their staff are giant nerds which helps them "get it".

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm having big problems with the fight at the end of the demodand quest.

The archers just obliterate the squishies, and the stringy demodands that spawn in right on top of the backline don't help. And the rest of the encounter (3 gallus, 4 high level kineticists and 1 super strong alchemist) aren't really pushovers either. And everything has a lot of buffs, massive hp pools and high saves in every category. I suspect the correct strategy is to use some very metagamey mass dimension door to teleport all squishies up to the second level while the bruisers stay on the ground floor (I tried teleporting everyone, but the balconies are too narrow so you just trip over yourself). Even then, the archers just have high enough initative that I am guaranteed to lose one character before they get a chance to act.

Doesn't help that the displacement buff they have seems to ignore true seeing.
If you have Dark Veil, cast it. Use Shout, if you have it, to stun for at least 1 round. I think Prot from Arrows works, but I can't remember for sure. And... yeah, it's a shit encounter.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Completed survey.

#1 - The Enigma encounter design. Please add more than 7 mobs. I've literally taken a break for a week now, because I can't handle it. And I've seen the Lost Chapel 5 times.
#2 - remove romances from future games. Owlcat RPGs would be 10x better without dicks and vaginas everywhere.

and

#3 - a message to Paizo: STOP! putting your stereotypical, dry, tripe, half-assed, trash "companions". I'm going to be sick! Just let the owl and cat, Vodka-fueled dipshits to do their thing.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Interesting that in the survey they have 2 specific questions for ch.5 and 6. I think ch.5 is not necessarily bad, it doesn't really shine either, feels more like a rush to tie up loose ends. Ch. 6 however, is not a chapter and, Jupiter forgive me for writing this, it makes House at the End of Time look good. Surely, I'm being fabulously optimistic here, but maybe...

Suggestion 1: commission more portraits. Weird how a character as narratively insignificant as your quartermaster has a portrait while others like Zacharius have to go without. And the FemAzata desperately needs a portrait that doesn't make her look like a stageplay extra.
I acknowledge your agenda, but the only true answer to the portrait problem is not have more of what already exists, but delete everything and pay whatever the fuck it takes to Justin Sweet to remake the whole thing.

Imo the portrait "problem" is a non-starter. Download whatever pictures you want and drop them in the portraits folder. Done.

mediocrepoet

Patron
#2 - remove romances from future games. Owlcat RPGs would be 10x better without dicks and vaginas everywhere.

and

#3 - a message to Paizo: STOP! putting your stereotypical, dry, tripe, half-assed, trash "companions". I'm going to be sick! Just let the owl and cat, Vodka-fueled dipshits to do their thing.

Fixed. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree!

Delterius

Arcane
If your suggestion to fixing portraits is 'change the artsyle' then it's already over. You're placing yourself out of the discussion. I did ask for them to include some generic portraits of hooded people without weapons but that's just me. I like when games include something like that so I can just ignore the portrait google images hunt altogether. I think most people would benefit from fewer portraits with weapons. Why does every dwarf lady have a crossbow? Why does this aasimar guy have a glaive? Etc. They'd always be much more useful if the weapons weren't included.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
dry, tripe, half-assed, trash "companions". I

If you could add some companions to the game, which one would you add?

I?
  • A very sexy blonde, red eyed winter witch
  • A very wise old druid which HATES civilization and demons
  • A cavalier mounted in a wryven
  • A Barbarian from Numeria who hates magic and technology and blames technology and magic for the worldwound and blackwater will freak him out.
  • A mad scientist type of alchemist or transmuter wizard
  • A powerful half vampire cruoromancer in a quest to kill Zacharius cuz he used his father in experiments
  • A zealot "lawful retarded" monk
  • A Kobold pariah ostracized by his tribe
  • A very horny bard
  • A kitsune samurai companion (only to trigger the people still butthurt over kitsune wining over rats)

volklore

Arcane
Completed as well, main point for me were to add 1 mythic level in chapter 3 and remove one from chapter 4-5 transition and let mythic spells scale DC of the highest casting stat (int, cha, wis) of the player character.
My other problems with the games are probably deeper and not the scope of the survey (like the management layer not being tied to rest restriction anymore)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
There's also way too few portraits for the pc. You basically have to use custom portraits, which is kind of a pain.

It's not easy to give feedback with this form. On the one hand, regill, camel and ember are great. Otoh, you have stuff like Lann and Sosiel. A lot of the fights are good and tuned to be an interesting challenge, but a lot of them are also insane piles of stats and immunities, where trying to fight them feels like trying to cross reference their list of insane immunities and stats against every single thing available to your party and trying to find the 3 available things that can contribute (and spamming skip turn with the rest of the party).

If your suggestion to fixing portraits is 'change the artsyle' then it's already over. You're placing yourself out of the discussion. I did ask for them to include some generic portraits of hooded people without weapons but that's just me. I like when games include something like that so I can just ignore the portrait google images hunt altogether. I think most people would benefit from fewer portraits with weapons. Why does every dwarf lady have a crossbow? Why does this aasimar guy have a glaive? Etc. They'd always be much more useful if the weapons weren't included.
Yeah. There really needs to be more generic portraits like "normal sized character with heavy armor". Instead of "Human male with dagger, leather armor and who is performing magic".

Thonius

Arcane

I?
  • A cavalier mounted in a wryven
  • A Barbarian from Numeria who hates magic and technology and blames technology and magic for the worldwound and blackwater will freak him out.
  • A powerful half vampire cruoromancer in a quest to kill Zacharius cuz he used his father in experiments
  • A very horny bard
  • A kitsune samurai companion (only to trigger the people still butthurt over kitsune wining over rats)
Alternative party - 9 dwarfs and one wizzard or 10 hobbits, better yet 10 ratfolks.

volklore

Arcane
Portraits cut at the shoulders/neck are just better. Because build/armor/weapon are too unique to character class and should be left to the imagination. Plus they cost less to commission so you can make more.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Ok, so for classes that don't get martial proficiency the deity selection comes after feat selection and even if you take deity that should give you proficiency you cannot come back and change. I wanted a purifier with martial weapon focus through battle revelation and the game says fuck you. Lame.

The_Mask

Patron

I?
  • A cavalier mounted in a wryven wyvern
  • A Barbarian from Numeria who hates magic and technology and blames technology and magic for the worldwound World Wound and blackwater Blackwater will freak him out.
  • A powerful half vampire cruoromancer in a quest to kill Zacharius cuz because he used his father in experiments
  • A very horny bard
Normally, I'd say that the monk is what I'd choose. But, honestly, your spelling is appallingly bad, and also... I, honestly, don't care anymore. I just don't want to see anything Paizo-imposed.

Don't send any love letters to any women you date. They might send them back corrected with a red pencil.

zapotec

Liturgist
Is this good starting build for a dwarf crusader cleric?
Core difficulty
I was thinking 14 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Cos, 12 int, 19 wis 6 char
Starting feats: Steel soul
Crusader bonus feats: Shield focus
Domain: Protection

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, as a reader - and not a writer - I definitely do not want to create biographies of other party members, so for me companions are almost mandatory. And, unless the party consists only of European (not Wushu) monks and undead, romances as the part of character development are necessary, too.

However, now I understand what the game is lacking. There are no Kitsune succubi!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom