Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally a greatsword. They really neglect greatswords even on PF:K. Still it is not that great oversized and self damage?

Needs something unique or else all builds are just going to fauchard, falchion, greataxe.
There's the fang of malice you can get rather early in chapter 3. It is the best greatsword overall and lasted me the rest of my playthrough. Technically the only +5 greatsword (besides now blood red cleaver) after landing just 2 hits against an enemy.

You know about Greater Magic Weapon spell, right?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Drezen's shops that were not updating in chapter 5 before now got a new items. For example, tavern:
8IgIe6y.png
Or smith:
sxXrMfu.png
Or temple:
gnZs9Wi.png
Looks like missing Scroll Scribing Kit 9 was just a collateral to the much bigger bug.
Me want, me no have, how come me nohave, me want tooooo.

Humbaba

Arcane

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hi guys, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough. Any classes I should avoid due to buggyness? How broken is the crusade campaign?

Humbaba

Arcane
Hi guys, I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough. Any classes I should avoid due to buggyness? How broken is the crusade campaign?
Wait a week or so until patch 1.2 comes out, it's big and nice.

Avoid Skald and many new classes they added. Avoid mounted classes, mounts become a liability really quick. Can't go wrong with martial classes though.

Crusade is fucked balance wise. Build your generals around magic and never lose. Recruit no general that comes without scorching ray.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mounted combat is a ton of fun, though a little broken balance-wise.

Skald can be an awesome force multiplier if your main focus is martial power (but disables use of special abilities, so not very good for my characters).

The only thing I agree about is the dominance of caster generals.

Humbaba

Arcane
Idk, my horse kept dying too often for my liking and had weird pathfinding issues when trying to attack large enemies like Vavakias. But isn't skald still mostly broken or did they fix that?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I play'd a cavalier the first time and didn't hit too much difficulties. Sometimes you can waste your charge bonus, but I think that's more a problem in RtwP and I played TB.

Humbaba

Arcane
I feel like we should disclose which combat mode everyone uses so we can stop having these misunderstandings.

Hello, I'm Blackshirt and I play RTWP exclusively.

I play'd a cavalier the first time and didn't hit too much difficulties. Sometimes you can waste your charge bonus, but I think that's more a problem in RtwP and I played TB.
Can't relate.

Humbaba

Arcane
Dataminers say that the upcoming DLC will take place right before the final boss, hence the autosave the game makes when you enter the last portal. Really would have preferred a post-campaign story tbh, retcons be damned.

Delterius

Arcane
Dataminers say that the upcoming DLC will take place right before the final boss, hence the autosave the game makes when you enter the last portal. Really would have preferred a post-campaign story tbh, retcons be damned.
Dragon Age of all things had a good way of dealing with this problem. If you sacrificed your PC in Origins and still chose to use that savefile on the Awakening expansion, the game just automatically retconned you from that Sacrifice Ending. Besides the only problem here is the secret Ascension ending and it's not even that good. The mythic path unique non-Ascension endings are way better.

Tenebris

Scholar

I highly doubt we'll end up with a new companion like some people are hoping in that case. I really wish they had done a midgame or early game dlc in addition to this one instead of just giving us another Varnhold's Lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom