Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well they are artists bro, I am sure they will use this next experience as an inspiration for something greater in the future...

TC Jr

Scholar
Is playing the original Pathalogic necessary? From what I see, 2 is a remake with QoL features?
I'd rather not play the same game (more or less) twice.

Edit: Cheers :salute:

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Is playing the original Pathalogic necessary? From what I see, 2 is a remake with QoL features?
it's not really a remake, not a faithful one anyway. You can play Pathologic 2 first. If you like it, you can check the original afterwards. Both games are fairly different.

How is the Marble Nest DLC?
it's basically a one day from Bachelor's campaign, sort of a glimpse into the future. No combat or survival elements, you just explore the map and talk to NPCs.

3 others

Scholar
Is the Marble Nest DLC something that can or should be played before Pathologic 2? I'm hearing it's a short prologue of sorts to the main story but is there any point in playing it if I'm unfamiliar with the core game?

Diggfinger

Arcane
Is the Marble Nest DLC something that can or should be played before Pathologic 2? I'm hearing it's a short prologue of sorts to the main story but is there any point in playing it if I'm unfamiliar with the core game?

Think its cooler if you play P2 first, according to the Steam description

Wunderbar

Arcane
Marble Nest is a glimpse into the future, i would not recommend it to be played before the main game.

ScepticCat

Novice

Edit: Cheers :salute:
If it's still relevant - the original has 3 main characters, while the remake has only one so far. And in the original, for my taste, a cooler gloomy atmosphere. But I don't think you're missing much if you start with a remake, you can always look at other characters' perspective later. In any case, If you dare to try, I don't recommend the steam version. My recent experience has revealed, that despite devs made HD Remaster, it still has a lot of bugs. In my case, I couldn't complete haruspexs' story, because I had a glitch in the mid of the game that removed all NPCs from streets, and for the main quest I had to get some humans' hearts. It was very frustrating to realize that your game was ruined after around 15 hours of gameplay.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I quit playing this game after the first hour consisted of mindnumbing melodrama and fight sequences with weird masked people.

Maybe I'll give Pathologic 1 a try someday instead.

Beggar

Cipher
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the best Pathologic 2 players by now. 5th playthrough, have the whole town in my head so barely even used the map, everyone alive, swimming in money all the time, had pretty much no stress whatsover this time around. Was puzzling to see that 90% of people even 3 years after the release still believe in some mythos as I opened steam forum
20221011230357-1.jpg

20221011-194417.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
Some concept art.
https://vk.com/icepicklodge?w=wall-33165854_48785

Hello. We would like to tell you about an important component of the Bachelor's image - a special device with which Dankovsky will interact with the infected environment. A bachelor is first and foremost an analyst, an attentive and focused observer. Therefore, his instrument is an evolution of the former "finder", but now the device works not only as a detector. We'll go into more detail later on what it's capable of and how it will affect gameplay. In the meantime, we invite you to put forward your own hypotheses, looking at the rejected sketches.

During the creation of concepts, its form has changed more than once - from purely technical options, attempts to imagine how such a device could work, "if it really existed" - to abstract devices that promote concentration and sharpness of mind: like a Holmes tube or jade Fandorin's rosary.
We are still looking for an option that can implement non-trivial types of impact on the environment - and at the same time not causing dissonance with our game universe.

Work on the appearance is still in progress, but now we can show you how it could look like.

Wunderbar

Arcane
IPL has been running some sort of ARG on reddit using hidden codes they send to kickstarter backers. The ARG isn't over yet, but there are some new screenshots

q1Cn8O3.png

I received a letter from Isidor Burakh, who is personally acquainted with an unnaturally long-living man. It's a ruler of some backwater provincial town that stands at the very end of the North-Eastern Railway.

If what was said in that letter is at least half true, then this long-liver may become the evidence, the missing link. We will finally stick it to damned Telman, and once that bastard is silenced we will be able to convince the Authorities to spare the “Thanatika”. Well, if I don't find anything there, well... our science will be sent from the cattle pen straight to the slaughterhouse.

P.S. It is not safe in the steppe regions these days, so I am taking the Visir prototype with me. I leave the current work on you, all the records are in my office.

Will contact you as soon as I can. I hope they have at least a telegraph.

Daniil.

and another image
DCyXjxV.png

I don't think I've read anything so interesting yet so full of bullshit in a long while.

The history lesson is nifty. Less so the Euro/Slav-conservative self-pity and irrational blame on the West for things they physically could not have done. Or not taking responsibility for the mess that was the Chechnya Wars.

Slavic history and culture is wasted on heels like this.

Last edited:
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
WTF man? If they release the Bachelor campaign now, that would IMO be one of the bigger surprises of the last ten years or so.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i hope they release it as a standalone instead of DLC to somewhat fix a bit of a marketing mess when they publisher said it have to be named pathologic 2 instead of a remake

Jinn

Arcane
i hope they release it as a standalone instead of DLC to somewhat fix a bit of a marketing mess when they publisher said it have to be named pathologic 2 instead of a remake
I'd gladly throw more money at Icepick for this, despite it having been promised in the initial kickstarter pitch. As much as I'd love for them to create something completely new, I kind of doubt they'll survive that long. So just do great justice to this project.

RoSoDude

Arcane
They should double down and call it Pathologic 3 :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom