Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Pentiment Behind the Scenes Feature

Imagine being an apologist for the californian brain rot patient has been that is Sawyer. Man(he/him) hasn't put out anything good in over 15 years.

How did Sawyer go from "I want to do a Darklands-style RPG" to... this?

I blame Disco Communism.
Merited. Though it probably has more to do with nobody willing to give Josh Sawyer a budget for his own ideas anymore. I imagine this is a token concession to satisfy an acquisitions contract clause.

Skdursh

Savant
It's like Michael Jackson and his music, you have to distinguish between the author and his works
MJ could actually write music and perform, regardless of whether you like his work or not

These people don't actually know how to do anything except talk out of their asses
All of Sawyer's work is retroactively bad, because you disliked a tweet of his. The future informing the past, just like how Bioware was always bad and we never liked any Bioware games, now that they are shit.
Bioware of the late 90's / early 2000's has almost none of the same developers, writers, directors or artists working for them. It's essentially a completely different company. BioWare of now is literally just EA wearing a human suit.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Okay which one of you posted this?

989879789.jpg

:troll:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Pentiment has no chance when it has to compete with true RPG giants like

The Impregnation of the Elves: Conquest of the Arrogant Fairies by Impregnation

"These arrogant Elves are capturing us Orcs as semen cows because they want to get pregnant?! Looks like I have to use the sword on my crotch to teach them a lesson, show these Elves the terror of Orcs!"

Tags: Alec Frey; Hannah Kennedy; Josh Sawyer; Kate Dollarhyde; Obsidian Entertainment; Pentiment

Obsidian's historical narrative game Pentiment is launching next week and the Microsoft marketing machine has been activated. Since this is a small title that's mainly meant lots of social media posts, but today they released a new ten minute behind the scenes featurette, featuring Josh Sawyer, Kate Dollarhyde, Hannah Kennedy and other members of the development team. It starts with a more detailed overview of the game's setting and premise. There's a segment about the game's visual style, which goes into further detail about the art direction for its characters as well as its remarkably complex font engine. Pentiment won't have much in the way of actual gameplay mechanics, but Josh and the team do find some time to describe its assortment of intentionally simple minigames and its exhaustive journal system, and also a bit about its sound effects and music.

Niche game is niche. In four days we find out whether Josh Sawyer's experiment was a success.

Fuck just watching the preview made me feel old. And I am old. I could never play this shit, besides - Josh was wearing lipstick in this trailer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom