Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Pentiment Behind the Scenes Feature

BBMorti

Arcane
I cant wait not to play this

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
A Darklands style game with free party roaming in a 15th century Holy Roman Empire with fantastical demonic creatures, alchemy, indepth realistic weaponery and saint blessings as magic would be refreshing but I think that would've been better received years ago.
Now we have Battle Brothers and Wartales and its potential impact will be greatly diluted.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A Darklands style game with free party roaming in a 15th century Holy Roman Empire with fantastical demonic creatures, alchemy, indepth realistic weaponery and saint blessings as magic would be refreshing but I think that would've been better received years ago.
Now we have Battle Brothers and Wartales and it's potential impact will be greatly diluted.
BB and Wartales are strict mercenary sims. I think a traditional, small party, adventurer romp would be much appreciated, at least by the codex.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I hope they make this but it doesn't have to be in Holy Roman Empire rather in some dark medieval ages.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How did Sawyer go from "I want to do a Darklands-style RPG" to... this?

I blame Disco Communism.

He said this is a extra-low-budget trial run for greenlighting Josh Sawyer's Darklands.
But how would that have anything to tell about the success of a possible darklands successor?
The gameplay would be nothing like it (or it would not be a spiritual successor at all), so they could as well take Crusader Kings 3 numbers, and say it should work out if done well.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
How did Sawyer go from "I want to do a Darklands-style RPG" to... this?

I blame Disco Communism.

He said this is a extra-low-budget trial run for greenlighting Josh Sawyer's Darklands.
But how would that have anything to tell about the success of a possible darklands successor?
The gameplay would be nothing like it (or it would not be a spiritual successor at all), so they could as well take Crusader Kings 3 numbers, and say it should work out if done well.
Many contemporary players choose games to purchase according to the general theme of the game. A game where you control a single character and follow a story that revolves around that single character would feel more similar to a game with 3-4 player-controlled characters whose story is about those 3-4 characters than a strategy game with a much larger scale. I don't know if Sawyer said this was a trial run for Darklands though.

It looks very low budget, indie, niche. Maybe this is the reason why Sawyer got a blood clot.
Checked out his Twitter thread where he talks about his clot issues, he mentioned having had Covid but funnily enough, not a single mention of 'vaccination' status (I'm sure he's had 4-5 shots or however many there are now). I wonder why that is.

Anyway, glad he was able to find out quickly about them (because he's physically active) and do something about it, and that he seems to be fine now. But the fact that he doesn't even entertain the idea that there might be a possible link between clots and the big pharma bullshit he can't get enough of is honestly just depressing.

Regarding the game, it is a cool enough premise, but the insufferable parade of dangerhairs and flaming faggots in the video getting giddy about cookie cutter minigames makes me not want to play it, ever. I don't think these people can write anything decent, especially regarding 16th century anything. The script is probably littered with absurd self-inserts, 'modern' sensibilities, patronizing views of religious society, etc.

my mom is a literal MD and has the same issue going on...been fine her entire life, takes vaccine then 1-2 months later gets massive clot in her right atrium almost killing her, but swears it can't be the vaccine. Totally fucking nuts. I actually think the 'over-educated' are somehow more susceptible to this....although not all, but it takes being willing to question everything you have been taught and perhaps been telling people as part of your profession, and I just don't think some can or are willing to do it....

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I actually think the 'over-educated' are somehow more susceptible to this

The super-educated were all strongly against it,

Robert Malone - mRNA inventor
Kary Mullis - PCR inventor, Nobel prize winner
Luc Montagner - discovered AIDS, Nobel prize winner
Wolfgang Wodarg - Chair of EU Health Committee
Michael Yeadon - Pfizer former VP
Sucharit Bhakdi - Head of German Institute of Medical Microbiology

Somehow it's the middle who are more susceptible IMO

cover4.jpg

Unwanted

†††

Patron
but it takes being willing to question everything you have been taught and perhaps been telling people as part of your profession
Infinitron is gonna move these posts out of the way eventually, but let me add something: You could say that the over-educated are, precisely, less willing to question everything. They just "consume" and consume educashun no matter what, and everything that comes from professors and peer reviewed journals has to be true. I know of some gal who is what the normies would call "super smaht" because she majored in two careers at the same time, got the top grades, yadda yadda, but in the end she's a fucking gullible stupid moron that can't think for herself and needs the approval of authority figures to make up her mind on things.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
It's like Michael Jackson and his music, you have to distinguish between the author and his works
MJ could actually write music and perform, regardless of whether you like his work or not

These people don't actually know how to do anything except talk out of their asses
All of Sawyer's work is retroactively bad, because you disliked a tweet of his. The future informing the past, just like how Bioware was always bad and we never liked any Bioware games, now that they are shit.

Sexy Beast

Novice
game looks boring as shit and too easy for adventure lovers. what's the intended audience for this?

Aemar

Arcane
Regardless of quality, I love how it has a global release schedule like its gonna sell more than 20 copies:

RELEASE-MAP-real.jpg

Unless I'm vastly underestimating how many fans of hyperniche historical genres there are.
717 In-Game
Nairobi and New Delhi are in the house!

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'll give this a look over the weekend. Sawyer said in some interview that the crime being investigated isn't objectively resolved, as in there's no correct final answer and its left open ended. Not sure if I like or hate that, but I'm sure I'll feel strongly about it when I'm through with the game. Seems like the kind of decision that won't leave players indifferent.

It's like Michael Jackson and his music, you have to distinguish between the author and his works
MJ could actually write music and perform, regardless of whether you like his work or not

These people don't actually know how to do anything except talk out of their asses
All of Sawyer's work is retroactively bad, because you disliked a tweet of his. The future informing the past, just like how Bioware was always bad and we never liked any Bioware games, now that they are shit.
Diagnosis: butthurt

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Diagnosis: butthurt
The Codex has an epidemic of people getting butthurt, and reacting to this anal anguish by accusing whoever made their behinds bothered of being butthurt themself.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
imagine being in a make-believe rustic world of fantasy filled with interesting places and exotic creatures and not wanting to bash them in the face with a hammer?

Yeah, me neither. It disgusts me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom