Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Peripeteia - Deus Ex-inspired FPS/RPG set in anime cyberpunk Poland

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shodanon/peripeteia

https://90s.graphics

Hey guys,

Along some friends, I've been working on an immersive sim titled Peripeteia. It's heavily inspired by the usual suspects, including but not limited to System Shock 2 and Deus Ex. The MC is a cyborg named Marie, the story takes place in an alternate history Poland (so I just call it Perypetia). We recently released a trailer, please check it out.

We're especially proud of the inventory. Inventory tetris remains my favourite of all inventory management systems, so I couldn't resist putting it in the game.

Tell me what your impressions are. It's still very much a work in progress so any feedback is much appreciated.
And I hope you won't mind me coming out of the blue like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Interface art, character models, and animation looking pretty rough, but I'm interested.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Okay lemmie know when it is up on steam/gog looks cool.
Sure, that's the dream at least. We currently only have an itch.io page, so when there's a public demo out, I'll post it here as well.

Interface art, character models, and animation looking pretty rough
Indeed they are and we're on our way to improving them. The project started as a Ludum Dare thing and there's still some remnants of that. The UI, for example, will be completely redone. It was more adequate back then, now it sticks out. The models will be improved but we want to stick to that late 90s aesthetic reminiscent of the games that inspired us.

I'm very glad it caught your interest!

curds

Magister
Looks interesting. I always thought somewhere in Eastern Europe would be a better setting for cyberpunk than the overdone L.A. or especially Tokyo.

I like the music, sounds like the late-1990s' idea of futuristic.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://90s.graphics/

ss_3ee009204e5d85e42dca674f184b72e0f91fb6b4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_18987f98a17b691d5736f0955b092789069a8a4d.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5261da4994ba5a654719579277f350baed40b6d2.1920x1080.jpg

Peripeteia is an upcoming first-person game mixing shooter, stealth and RPG mechanics, placing it within the elusive and ephemeral "immersive sim" genre, heavily inspired by the greats such as Deus Ex, expanding upon the formula with original ideas and an unexplored setting.

The story takes place in an alternate history cyberpunk Poland, in a post-soviet city full of corruption and opportunity, where nations, powerful factions and ideologies clash and where cybernetic supersoldiers look for mercenary work. You play as one of them, a young woman named Marie.

Within Peripeteia can be seen the dream of the immersive simulator genre, long laid to rest by an industry which had forgotten it. In this game you will be forced to use your wits, resourcefulness, and raw violent nature to complete tasks you may not even understand. Logic and a shrewd cunning mind will win you the day in this interactive and highly adaptive world. Well, unless you have a pistol and ammo for it.

Have you found yourself hungering for the raw sense of survival, accomplishment, and player choice long absent from this dark and belied industry? Then consider joining us in the lights of the Eastern Night with Peripeteia.

Also some serious inventory tetris.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Remove anime and change weapons for some fictional piece of junk.
Then we can talk.

Last edited:

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
I swear anime is the Japanese revenge for the nukes. Please Japan you were only nuked twice, western civilization can only bear so much anime.

Bony Hands

Literate
The anime protagonist is an odd choice, as the setting seems close to something like Deus Ex but with anime girls. If it were more closer inspired by Sci-Fi anime and manga I don't think it would stand out as much. Still worth downloading the demo.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Probably more to Serial Experiments Lain. They even uploaded this on their official Youtube channel.

The music of the now defunct and abandoned Lain based cult known as the "Tsuki Project.". We are not in any way, shape, or form associated with them or system space. However, the strange nature of this organization did inspire Peripeteia in some aspects. We felt it best to preserve this music and atmosphere, much of which was created specifically for the Tsuki Project.

Farewell into the night

set in anime cyberpunk Poland
:shredder:
looks interesting, tho
got ya :positive:

Bony Hands

Literate
The Lain inspiration seems to be there as there's a NPC that looks like Lain. The demo is coming out in a couple of days, we'll get a better understanding of the game's aesthetics then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom