Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 4 Golden - out on Steam

Terra

Cipher
Lack of detailed Yakuza & Judgment questions too. I wrote up a mini rant on lack of proper Shining Force games though.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I took the survey. Mostly complained about the censorship and translations. The only games I've played that they asked me much about were Persona and Yakuza

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't get asked about Yakuza at all, mostly their more JRPG series like Persona, VC, Odin Sphere, Sakura Wars

Well hopefully the Survey will do anything to get more port to PC.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Don't partecipate to the pool. It's like telling to Atlus that people are not interested in more base SMT games.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Don't partecipate to the pool. It's like telling to Atlus that people are not interested in more base SMT games.

I mean people don't. Really besides some part older gamer, there has never been any hype for mainline SMT game for a long time

SMT V is in dev hell for years now and ATLUS barely discuss it nor the mainstream care much about it

Persona is the new face of SMT whether you like it or not

raesha

Educated
I don't think SMT V is in dev hell so much as just being announced way too fucking early.

The reveal of that in 2017 was nothing more than a bunch of P5 demon assets in a generic Unreal Engine scene, likely fairly soon after production of it began in the first place.

Readher

Savant
The survey will randomly pick 3 Atlus series and 6 Sega series (the latter divided between two lists, one with current series and one with legacy series) out of the games you mark as played/heard of. If you want to get specific questions about certain franchise, make sure to limit your choices appropriately.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
So the port of this game is good?

In general yeah.

There are stuttering issues when the game plays some anime scene but besides that it is good.

No 4k either if that's your thing but this is essentially a 2008/2012 game made for handleds.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

In general yeah.

There are stuttering issues when the game plays some anime scene but besides that it is good.

No 4k either if that's your thing but this is essentially a 2008/2012 game made for handleds.

Cutscene stutter only happens to people with shitty PCs or laptops with their power saving mode set to something other than performance. You can get 4k with the Special K mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1113000/discussions/0/2441461920666858712/

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

In general yeah.

Cutscene stutter only happens to people with shitty PCs or laptops with their power saving mode set to something other than performance. You can get 4k with the Special K mod.

I am pretty sure that it is more than that. I put max performance and is usually able to play most games without issue but the anime still stutters.

Jinn

Arcane
Haven't had a stutter yet during anime scenes. Did you install the game on an HDD or an SSD, InD_ImaginE? Myself on an SSD.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I would also try updating drivers and maybe installing a codec pack. I'd also see if the issue still happens when the laptop is plugged into a charger. Shit like this is why I don't do laptops. They often have issues with games that desktops with equivalent hardware don't. Laptops are shit for gaming. Even "gaming" laptops.

MasPingon

Arcane

In general yeah.

I am pretty sure that it is more than that. I put max performance and is usually able to play most games without issue but the anime still stutters.

Yeah, it's out of the ass. You need to open your graphic card control panel and change the setting for this application to work at max 25 frames per second. Worked for me.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Haven't had a stutter yet during anime scenes. Did you install the game on an HDD or an SSD, InD_ImaginE? Myself on an SSD.

The game runs well with nearly no loading times even when I install on my HDD right now. While probable I am pretty sure this is not really about HDD/SSD stuff.

I would also try updating drivers and maybe installing a codec pack. I'd also see if the issue still happens when the laptop is plugged into a charger. Shit like this is why I don't do laptops. They often have issues with games that desktops with equivalent hardware don't. Laptops are shit for gaming. Even "gaming" laptops.

Nah I always play with power plugged in. Maybe I will try some kodec pack. Yeah laptop usually has some problem here and there with performance even with the same spec. But I move a lot due to my company and its much easier to have a laptop for that.

Yeah, it's out of the ass. You need to open your graphic card control panel and change the setting for this application to work at max 25 frames per second. Worked for me.

Will try to do this later if nothing else works.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I was having incessant CTD to the point I couldn't make it past the main menu. I tried the 4GB conversion thing patch and it didn't help, I tried setting it to borderless window and that didn't help. Eventually I read someone said the steam overlay can fuck things up and, voila, now it runs perfectly.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
It is just 20 dollars and it is a good jrpg.

Anyway you can custom your difficulty, I would go for very hard but change exp and money gain to normal.

raesha

Educated
Good guy Atlus cracked its own game.
Can anybody recommend which difficulty is the best in terms of challenge and not bullishit or hp bloat?
Start on hard.

The damage taken/given are at the same setting as very hard, but without the money and xp nerf.

Momock

Augur
Good guy Atlus cracked its own game.
Can anybody recommend which difficulty is the best in terms of challenge and not bullishit or hp bloat?
Start on hard.

The damage taken/given are at the same setting as very hard, but without the money and xp nerf.
Yes, but on hard the "restart dungeon" thing (or whatever it is called) is activated, you should desactivated because it kills all tension (if you're killed you can restart from the beginning of the floor). On the oher hand... if you don't have a lot of time on your hands I can understand that it could be a pain to lose a lot of progress. And you can also use a TP item to go back and save at the entrance each time you reach a new floor is you wish, so... eh, hard is fine as it is I guess, haha!

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Hopefully this will be enough for P5 and other SMT titles on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom