Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Phantasy Star Online 2

Why not?

• I'm not gay enough

• It's too popamole

• Anime is for pedos

• I secretly play it when the Codex isn't looking

• I prefer ESO (kc)

• I'm too retarded

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I say all of this but because affixing is one of the most busywork systems I've ever seen, I don't bother. At least not now, because the updates are coming so quickly that augments are getting outclassed within weeks. I pray NGS overhauls the affixing system, it's about on par as DOS:2's armor system or Elder Scroll's level scaling in terms of annoying mechanics.
Right, that's what I was thinking. It's not really worth it until I know what I should be doing, have or am able to get good weapons/augments, and won't be making something that's immediately obsolete. Right now none of that is the case for me. Playing MMO spreadsheets is complicated and boring, and while it may be powerful, it feels like I'd just be wasting more time than if I only played as far as I felt inclined to. As for level 90, I see a lot of people there already (I would be too if I didn't spend all that time playing Hero instead), but it seems like a lot of time even just for one class. Is there anything to do besides grind Buster Quests all day, or whatever it is that gives the most experience? I actually play the game a lot, but rarely do any intentional grinding.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is there anything to do besides grind Buster Quests all day, or whatever it is that gives the most experience? I actually play the game a lot, but rarely do any intentional grinding.
I just got there naturally after playing urgents and going for the mission pass. So I did the daily/weekly quests, and one or two urgents should my guild need any extra hands. It's not that long if you go into bonus quests too.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Hm... I made an account on the Japanese server. I don't intend to switch to it, I just wanted to see what was different. However... seeing all the past cosmetics and stuff I'll never get makes me a little sad. I'm envious of the Japanese and their ability to speak Japanese and get all the cool stuff I can't get in America. It's not fair at all! Everything I like only exists in anime! And I can't even read! I don't feel like such a loser on NA...

Siveon

Bot
phaleg 2 hard. only know how to resta spam jinga until time run out. does this mean am retard?
Practice tbh, or check to see how badly geared you are. Or both.

Hm... I made an account on the Japanese server. I don't intend to switch to it, I just wanted to see what was different. However... seeing all the past cosmetics and stuff I'll never get makes me a little sad. I'm envious of the Japanese and their ability to speak Japanese and get all the cool stuff I can't get in America. It's not fair at all! Everything I like only exists in anime! And I can't even read! I don't feel like such a loser on NA...
Eh we've been getting a pretty steady amount of the collab cosmetics. There's only a few never-evers.
EDIT: But also you can just play the fan translation.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Practice tbh, or check to see how badly geared you are. Or both.
I've been pretty lazy about my pets for a long while now. I look at all my sweets and think ‘I'll figure it out later...’ but never do. I barely pay any attention to equipment in most games, and any grinding is always discouraging. I did try it as Braver and Hero, but immediately gave up. Getting instantly killed is fine, but do I really have to wait for the game to reload every time? That's the main thing that annoys me, actually. Even ten seconds of skipping cutscenes makes me feel like I'd have more fun failing at something like Gradius or whatever.

Eh we've been getting a pretty steady amount of the collab cosmetics. There's only a few never-evers.
EDIT: But also you can just play the fan translation.
I'd hope so, but who knows what they'll do. I mean, it's not really a problem anyway since I don't intend to play on the Japanese server more than I need to (I am using the fan translation), but it reminds that I'm a weeaboo loser who only gets left-overs. I could have been using all this time to learn Japanese, but instead I watched random Youtube videos. Sad!

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
LOL NEVERMIND I BEAT PHALEG

I stuffed my birb with sweets and used an alliance boost to get an amazing rank... C.

C is for CODEX!!! By the power of complaining on the internet, I have acquired my participation trophy. All right, back to not giving a shit.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
warning: butthurt

I played Ultra Hard for the first time and some faggot started complaining that I had a 12 star weapon (at least, I assume they meant me). OMG WAT A LEECH JUST GET A 15 STAR LMAO U RETARD XDDDDDDDD

dude. shut the fuck up and die. it's just a dumbass christmas quest, it's not anything serious. what if I don't give a fuck what my damage output is? I don't. what if I don't give a shit what my equipment is? I don't. what if it doesn't matter what you think? it doesn't. there are 11 other people in the quest. I'm going to leech as much as I want to, motherfucker. It really doesn't matter. and don't tell me any shit about collection files, I already have them and they take forever. if it were some super special ultimate death quest, that'd be something, but it's just dumb shit. play it and get your rare drops. I know I got mine. Faggot.

It's not like I want to be bad at the game, but I don't see why retards love to get upset about people playing casual games casually. Besides, multiplayer in this game exists solely for leeching. That's the whole point. If you want to play it hardcore, you play by yourself. Duh. DERP. I'm the kind of tard who will spend a whole hour to defeat a boss I'm massively underpowered for rather than figure out the tedious nonsense that is crafting that 15 star weapon shit. Good thing Summoner exists, right, but right now I'm playing Phantom. And it's fun.

By the way, the game keeps getting stuck on loading screens.

Siveon

Bot
It's not that hard to get a 15 star though, they give them away in RSB shops and a lot of thr mission passes/giveaway events gave you stuff to get at least a free Atlas.

The main reason people complain, and especially for christmas is that time thing. They don't want their grind to slow down, and the christmas event is a time attack.

If expert matchmaking finally gets patched in I doubt you'd see much people like that though thankfully.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I actually completed the collection two hours later. Or more like it completed itself, since I was reliant on scheduled quests (most of which I miss since I'm not playing). Of course I didn't expect to do well with trash weapons, but... it's a trash quest. I wanted to try it and figured they're be no problems since everyone else would be there too. And they weren't, except for the autist upset that he didn't get the exact amount of points he wanted. Really... what's the point? What does all the grinding and min-maxing achieve? If somebody's already at end-game, is there a point in playing just for the sake of making the game you've already completed even easier than you've already made it? I don't get it. I know this makes me just another form of upset internet autist, but what else could you even expect from someone who plays the weeb MMO.

Well, I do have to wonder what kind of people this stuff appeals to. I'm too lazy for it, and repeating shit isn't any fun even when it's stuff I do otherwise normally like.

In other butthurt news, I was playing PSO1 and got to the ruins for the first time, and then all the controls suddenly broke and I had to restart the program. I lost a scape doll, too. Much butt was hurt.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I've completed PSO1 Episode 1. The story was surprisingly interesting, even though it wasn't much. Very mysterious/creepy atmosphere, it really is an anime version of Diablo. Playing it solo only enhances that experience, I'd say. The quests were too repetitive, though, as there's really only a handful of maps that are reused multiple times for everything. And of course, the gameplay is very slow and simplistic. Still, cool game.

Gray Wing

Novice
I've completed PSO1 Episode 1. The story was surprisingly interesting, even though it wasn't much. Very mysterious/creepy atmosphere, it really is an anime version of Diablo. Playing it solo only enhances that experience, I'd say. The quests were too repetitive, though, as there's really only a handful of maps that are reused multiple times for everything. And of course, the gameplay is very slow and simplistic. Still, cool game.

Put hundreds of hours into it back in the Gamecube days but yeah it hasn't aged particularly well. The soundtrack is still amazing to this day though. PSO2 never grabbed me in the same way but I'll probably check out New Genesis.

Siveon

Bot

Put hundreds of hours into it back in the Gamecube days but yeah it hasn't aged particularly well. The soundtrack is still amazing to this day though. PSO2 never grabbed me in the same way but I'll probably check out New Genesis.
PSO2 doesn't have nearly as much setting or even story appeal, it's mostly just action appeal.
Some of the story stuff is fun, just not as "cool", you know.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
weebs are so degenerate, i can't believe they'd willingly sign up for Cock and Ball Torture just because it's a PSO2 tie-in. why would there even be PSO2 CBT anyway?

...‘Closed Beta Test’...? Oh...

Lhynn

Arcane
Played this game for a while, but dropped it as the farm for the endgame gear felt like it was too much. People spending 14 hours a day hunting bosses in that extreme danger or whatever area. Looking for a specific drop.

Siveon

Bot
Played this game for a while, but dropped it as the farm for the endgame gear felt like it was too much. People spending 14 hours a day hunting bosses in that extreme danger or whatever area. Looking for a specific drop.
They gave out endgame gear for pretty much free not too long ago, which kind of killed the need to do Extreme missions by a large margin.

Endgame is reached too quickly though, I hope NGS has better balance cuz I felt like a lot wasn't super challenging until you reach it.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
It might just be that I'm a skillet but I don't really find any of the extreme/ultimate/ultra-hard stuff to be particularly interesting or fun to attempt. Especially since no one is playing whenever I try and soloing is the most tedious experience evar.

Siveon

Bot
It might just be that I'm a skillet but I don't really find any of the extreme/ultimate/ultra-hard stuff to be particularly interesting or fun to attempt. Especially since no one is playing whenever I try and soloing is the most tedious experience evar.
Unless you like sitting around in pubs the majority of people going at those are in an Alliance of at least 12 people.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Knewl grafix. The colours are off and everyone's faces are in shadow. They said they'd be making adjustments, so they had better keep that promise. Or else!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom