Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Zakhad

Savant
Pillars of Eternity is never dead as long as it is alive in our hearts.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

gosh. Gosh. GOSH!

*spoilies ahead*

Well I certainly have not pushed through as quickly as many others but I thought it was about darn tootin' time I put a stop to all this 'game is dead' talk around here okay? There has been a lot of progress and a lot of fun exploring the riches of Eora, and despite still exploring and sailing the seas, last night I arrived at Ashen Maw and this is where I will continue in the free days ahead. But first I would like to share with you all the exciting encounters and decisions Orange has made in the archipelago, and how they have come to define Orange into the character she has become with just a few important turning points below with some pictures from her journey! :salute:

- It was time to take a few hours with Orange to become reaquainted in Neketaka after the trouble running into mobs of undead in the Old City where I had a very difficult time with combat, so I was a lot more careful and weighed my decisions when preparing to explore in the future. Okay! First major problem Orange ran into, was offering to help a man named Dereo but by the time I met him, Orange had already escaped from the Old City and was forced to defend herself against a number of pirates below Delvers Row, so whenever Orange went that way again, all the pirates she came across were hostile. This made helping Dereo find the Cornett of Waves annoying when I had to return to the Old City and gosh I wasn't about to go down there anytime soon again until much higher in level. :mad:

h3rowD0.jpg

Jg6fDcW.jpg

i0ybJYe.jpg

- Orange created another problem for herself too while out running errands for the people and friends she made in Neketaka, but she always remembered her roots from the first game, and that trumped everything else. Those two trump cards are to always help Dragons no matter the ripple effect it causes elsewhere, and to be true to her choice at the end of the first game, by always supporting Galawain if it surfaces. So gosh what happens hours into Orange arriving to the archipelago? A choice to help Galawain not once but twice right! It was the second choice Orange had to make and so she decided to not help Okaya the Fleet Master of the Royal Deadfire Company, sealing Cignath Mor for Galawain, but then also killing Okaya for the Bog Druids due to their support of Galawain too. This caused a giant mess and made the Royal Deadfire Company and the port Sayuka hostile toward Orange too. :o

fZ8BSKI.jpg

Gawi7V2.jpg

- Meeting her very first Dragon!! :hug: Orange was tasked to help out her Queen Onekaza II and check in on the Watershapers Guild and beneath its structure she met the beautiful and all powerful Scyorielaphas being held against his will. Orange would have nothing of this and set free the Dragon, keeping to her promise to help Dragons everywhere in the archipelago just as she did in her past.

CcER3sO.jpg

- Almost blowing up the entire party in Hasongo when a fire trap on a chest went off, igniting a powder barrel which exploded and made all the other barrels in the vicinity explode too! :argh: It was a true oh-no moment when Orange saw the flickering wick, then heard the large boom that followed!

aljyJme.jpg

- Being surrounded by the Royal Deadfire Fleet after departing Hasongo, realizing news of Okaya the Fleet Master's death by my hands had reached the ears of Atsura and getting out of my chair and walking around the house wondering how I was going to get out of this mess all because of Galawain and I poured a glass of wine and washed my face and sat back down to deal with the choices made, only to realize Atsura was only there to congratulate me for the lighthouse in Hasongo, and realizing he wasn't there to destroy me with his fleet for killing a high official. Gosh, from a heart pumping high to a crashing low. Atsura let me sail away at the end of it all. :roll:

zp8k3Ze.jpg

NnCjw2b.jpg

- Sneaking into Fort Deadlight to seek revenge on Benweth, who Orange promised to hang his skull in her cabin when they first met ship to ship! Orange got lucky here because of her decision to go down the lift into the Old City very early on in her adventure, but despite the hardships and battle troubles she encountered, she also picked up a Príncipi flag in the Old City, making the arrival to Fort Deadlight a lot easier. Sneaking around with Serafen, learning about how Benweth loves to party, and planting an explosive device into the harpsichord. His head was torn from his shoulders, and now hangs in Orange's cabin on Sherry!

bs0rCQx.jpg

- Orange running around trying to find sugar to make candies for Captain Aedlys! omg Omg OMG!!! Sugar is so hard to find in the archipelago! :mad: :mad: But it was worth the trouble because her lovesome was able to turn the pirate smugglers beneath Delvers Row friendly again, so Orange could now resume Dereo's request, and that of Captain Aedlys too! :hug: But Pallegina was not very impressed with my new found partner lol.

Sitje7v.jpg

ECGazKg.jpg

- With the events that transpired for Orange, learning about the slave trade, and making darn sure to put an end to it! Doing this moved Orange to support Captain Aedlys, and Queen Onekaza II at this point of the adventure. Orange leans very much toward Queen Onekaza II, the Wahaki, and Huana, along with her lovesome Captain Aedlys! Slaving is not permitted and Orange realizes her last remaining groups to support. The Príncipi with Captain Aedlys in charge, and Queen Onekaza II, or perhaps neither in the end depending on how the rest of this journey unfolds!

G9091Ub.jpg

Thanks,
Sherry

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just noticed that Ishiza is hopping when he has to cover short distances and flying when moving far away. Whoever did his animation is really good!

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I still haven't played this yet. Thinking of doing so soon(ish). Is turn-based actually good or just stick to how it was designed?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I'd play it again if they fixed the goddamn microstuttering.

Game has terrible performance overall, it runs worse than two other games I played recently in TW:Warhammer 2 and Sekiro. It shouldn't be running worse than either of those. Horribly optimised game really that whenever you summon something that game stutters and puts my computer to overdrive in character creation for some reason too.

Quillon

Arcane
Loading times were better at first, then they became longer & longer with patches and DLCs, especially the initial save load.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom