Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I don't remember there being a young drake on POTD at the ruin where you find Aloth. Did they increase the difficulty and is it noticeable throughout the entire game?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sort of. PotD seems to be more difficult early game, with added enemies and fixed scaling. Still roflstomp everything later on.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It’s driven by dark comedy

Gather the sails,close the gunports,rope the cargo and bring me the Rum,a shit storm is coming!

illo_203.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
“White March reflected a desire to be the 1990s expansion experience - that was what they were trying to capture and I think that has a lot to do with why it was packaged the way it was. Deadfire isn’t as rooted in that as the original game was, so that leaves us a little more room with which to play.”

Actually, this text says quite a lot about what to expect. White March was meant to be an Expansion Pack, something meaty that expanded on the base game or added new assets...

Meanwhile, Deadfire DLCs will be just that: Downloadable Content, not expansions.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Once again, RPG writing in a nutshell:
Whether or not we can change anything, at least we can say we were there
I find myself asking this question more and more often - "who wrote this shit?!"

:despair:

There was also a possible PC response about "It's up to us to mitigate the damage" Where did xe hear that, a fucking office meeting? Who speaks like that in an RPG?

The Naga leader however was pretty good. The disparity in quality is crazy in this game's writing. Also I liked Hasongo overall.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hasongo was surprisingly decent, with a lot of ways to go through it, yeah. The disparity in quality comes from a general lack of understanding of how long "stretches" of writing work (like RPGs usually are), or an inability to write long things in general. What they do is come up with ideas and slap them here and there, naturally some ideas are better than others and that's why some things are good and some aren't. They don't, or can't, expand on these ideas, however, and they hang motionlessly in the air. Contrast KotOR2, where the whole game feeds into Kreia's ideology and works towards supporting that narrative structure. Not only is the idea of the Force being fishy a good one and absolutely supported by lore, it's not simply a side quest that goes nowhere. They could've easily had Kreia as a side NPC saying something like "I hate the Force because it makes us fight each other, go do something trivial for me" and PoE1 and 2 would've plopped out.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Very exciting, the name "Gaderian Bosc" provides us with a glimpse of what the "narrative design" masters of the quill consider dark humor.

Very witty indeed!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I kind of wish they would've just gone with completely new slate of companions, a la Mask of the Betrayer.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Awesome performance fix for the game here.

I've tried this myself, makes the game run buttery-smooth now. No threats detected in any of its files. Give it a try.

...something mods will fix it something something...

Jezal_k23

Wow. It even has a little message to Obsidian on how to fix the game's performance, and saying it improves Tyranny and Numenera too. Probably would improve PoE1 as well? Either way if it really triples the fps of the games then it's "mods will fix it" of the highest order. I wonder what their programmers who spent so long trying to optimize Pillars/Deadfire will think when they see this.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I think you guys might have fun with this:

Press the ^ button (next to the 1 button)

Type in: Iroll20s (activates cheat mode, be careful you lose achievements)

Type in: giveitem item_misc_bathing_attire_03

Put on the new item ---> Profit (well, not exactly, but you'll see)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Just tell us what it is.

Edit: Oh.

So ive come accross this little gem: item_misc_bathing_attire_03
press the tilde key and type iroll20s. then type, giveitem item_misc_bathing_attire_03
that will give you a chest item where you can equip it and see any and all your chars naked.

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
Just tell us what it is.

Edit: Oh.

So ive come accross this little gem: item_misc_bathing_attire_03
press the tilde key and type iroll20s. then type, giveitem item_misc_bathing_attire_03
that will give you a chest item where you can equip it and see any and all your chars naked.

The naked people in the bathhouse are wearing it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I played up to high levels with bashing shield (a buckler). Not great, almost no difference in damage. Larder Door from PoE1 was pretty worhless too, AFAIK.

Shadenuat

Arcane
God I hate dual wielding = double damage in modern RPGs. Weapons for left hand should be restricted to light things like daggers with unique status effects like in Wizardry games. (and even in them DW sometimes is super good)

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
God I hate dual wielding = double damage in modern RPGs. Weapons for left hand should be restricted to light things like daggers with unique status effects like in Wizardry games. (and even in them DW sometimes is super good)
If we speaking about more realistic approach - in most cases off-hand weapon was used to parry attack and only in rare cases you can actually hit your opponent (it's simply not handy to trying reach enemy with dagger in the middle of sword fight, you need to wait a moment). My apologies in advance, but system where even not enchanted daggers give status effects, while remain passive though combat, sounds equal unrealistic to system, where wielding two heavy ass swords give more damage. There should be a parry system then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom