Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Prime Junta

Finally able to play this thing again.

Started a new game with the 1.2 patch. Funny thing, the ship encounter where I'm supposed to recruit Serafen doesn't happen when it used to. Did they move it or am I bugged?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Finally able to play this thing again.

Started a new game with the 1.2 patch. Funny thing, the ship encounter where I'm supposed to recruit Serafen doesn't happen when it used to. Did they move it or am I bugged?
After your comment I decided to check it out and started new game specially for this, I have managed to meet Furrante in same place, but 1 day later after making one circle around Port Mage Island and looting sunken ship (near north-east part of Island). Seems the changed time when he goes in open seas from Dunnage. Or maybe it's a bug and we both encountered this.
Btw it seems I have bug in UI, all passives have square icons and it's looks very weird.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Awesome performance fix for the game here.

I've tried this myself, makes the game run buttery-smooth now. No threats detected in any of its files. Give it a try.

...something mods will fix it something something...

Wow. It even has a little message to Obsidian on how to fix the game's performance, and saying it improves Tyranny and Numenera too. Probably would improve PoE1 as well? Either way if it really triples the fps of the games then it's "mods will fix it" of the highest order. I wonder what their programmers who spent so long trying to optimize Pillars/Deadfire will think when they see this.

His snarky comment is only half right and it's probably just them using Unity incorrectly.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
since i forgot that saved games were kept in C: drive (and not in the game folder which I have on another partition) i lost my saves yesterday when upgrading to windows 10, lewl

i'll let you know if i meet serafen same place as before

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you've had GOG Galaxy on when you exit the game, it automatically syncs your saves with their cloud, so you might be able to recover them from there.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Obsidian_David [developer] 4 hours ago
Thank you for putting this all together Kaldaien! As someone pointed out already, our Lead Programmer (Roby Atadero) replied on the Obsidian Forums, but I just wanted to hop in here personally and say thank you for all the work you put in on this. If we can get something into the game engine for Deadfire, I'll happily bring up the discussion with our owners and Paradox about patches for POE1 and Tyranny, however those will be a bit tougher since we're not actively patching them at present.

Pretty nice work, huh?

Jezal_k23

Huge fix. Really makes a difference. Queen's Berth runs at 55-60fps now, with rain. World map runs consistently at above 60, when it was really stuttery sometimes. I set mine to 3 cores, seemed the best number.

tSvD16K.jpg

Jezal_k23

Still doesn't even get close to 100% usage of CPU or GPU, VSync disabled of course, but gets to 50%ish. Reached 20%ish at most before. Clearly, though, if the game used all of the resources available to it, it would reach much higher framerates.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's nice that they're actually doing to fix it. A larger company like Bethsoft probably wouldn't even acknowledge it

You're wrong. There was a very similar situation with Skyrim when, after something like a year after its release, a guy came up with a groundbreaking performance fix for the game. Made a similarly huge difference.

Not only did Bethesda acknowledge the guy's work, they incorporated it into its later patches.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What made all the difference for me was switching from normal hard drive to SSD - instead of up to a minute or two of loading, it's now consistently 5 seconds. Loading lots of small files as in Deadfire is where SSD excels.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's nice that they're actually doing to fix it. A larger company like Bethsoft probably wouldn't even acknowledge it

You're wrong. There was a very similar situation with Skyrim when, after something like a year after its release, a guy came up with a groundbreaking performance fix for the game. Made a similarly huge difference.

Not only did Bethesda acknowledge the guy's work, they incorporated it into its later patches.

was that the 'betheseda forgot to tick the optimization box when compiling the code' thing?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I played up to high levels with bashing shield (a buckler). Not great, almost no difference in damage. Larder Door from PoE1 was pretty worhless too, AFAIK.

No, Tuotilo's Palm is not great for damage, but is pretty awesome defensively for a Monk (can be enchanted to give bonus to Deflection based on Wounds). Also it scales damage with Transcendent Suffering (PL) and generates additional Wounds. Considering that most of the Monk's active attack abilities are Primary (Force of Anguish, Torment's Reach, Skyward Kick) you don't loose much damage if you plan to spam those abilities - as they will always use the main hand weapon rather then the offhand. Would work well with a Soulblade too, as Annihilation is also a Primary attack (though I'm not sure I'd play a SB after the nerfs).

Also awesome potential for a Riposte build if you multiclass with a Rogue (Trickster for Deflection buffs?), as Riposte attacks are Full-Attacks after enemies miss you.

It's actually one of those items worth building your characters around.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Fucking Fampyrs, man. How do you protect against the charming? For some reason, they always went after my two rangers. I had one food item that makes immune to that, but didn't see anything else that can be done - except keeping the rangers out of range of their spells.

Shadenuat

Arcane
awesome potential for a Riposte build if you multiclass with a Rogue (Trickster for Deflection buffs?), as Riposte attacks are Full-Attacks after enemies miss you.

Exactly build I did - Trickster + max deflection. On PoTD at least, don't bother - 2 weapons would do more damage. It's all banalced.

How do you protect against the charming?
Golden shield with Gaze immunity or talking lesbian sword. Other stuff is not reliable due to them casting Supress. Avoid using ranged attacks and standing near them unless Obsi fixed "free" gaze into something more reasonable. You can also cast Supress negative afflictions on yourself and nuke them with time you have.

Parabalus

Arcane
Golden shield with Gaze immunity or talking lesbian sword. Other stuff is not reliable due to them casting Supress. Avoid using ranged attacks and standing near them unless Obsi fixed "free" gaze into something more reasonable. You can also cast Supress negative afflictions on yourself and nuke them with time you have.

I didn't play after the patch but on 1.0 the Fampyrs would instantly 100% every single time charm my PC (squishy no def) the moment he left stealth (after the party engaged), who stood at max war bow range.
I ended up pre-casting Liberating Exhortation on him, so the cast time ends after he gets charmed to insta cleanse it.

Is Obsidian's fire dead?

The Dumpsterfire is still burning.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
awesome potential for a Riposte build if you multiclass with a Rogue (Trickster for Deflection buffs?), as Riposte attacks are Full-Attacks after enemies miss you.

Exactly build I did - Trickster + max deflection. On PoTD at least, don't bother - 2 weapons would do more damage. It's all banalced.

I meant a Monk/Trickster, since the shield damage scales off Transcendant Suffering and provides extra Deflection based on Wounds.
And sure, 2 weapons will do more damage... but will also lead to far less misses against you (-> Riposte triggers).

There's also Intellect Resistance enchantment on Devil of Caroc's Breastplate and Paladin's Mental Fortress. Though it won't protect from Domination, but would downgrade it to Charm. Now Charm breaks on friendly fire though... so maybe there would be a chance for them to break the effect (do they use aoes?). And yeah, Paladin's Aegis of Loyalty smack over your head is good.. provided that they don't Charm the Pala first.

Also Blindness should protect from Gaze attacks in theory, but I'm not sure if it's working properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom