Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bester how hard would it be to reduce spell fx, is it even possible? Nwn2 reduced spell fx was one of the most popular mods.
Depends on what you mean exactly. Do you want to reduce their size, their flashiness, their what? Anyway, this would require to modify each particle effect separately.
Maybe duration of some effects or flashiness of others, probably a lot of work. I wouldn't know how to.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Bester, is something bugged in the mod? When I try to change the UI graphics from the console-menu I get this error message:
"Couldn't read file at path K:/Games/steamlibrary/steamapps/common/pillars of eternity/pillarsofeternity_data\managed/iemod/frames\bg2-mosaic-1920x1200.png"

Edit: apparently there's no 1920x1200 versions of the graphic files.

:decline:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
We don't have any 1920x1200 frames, because of the way they scale the UI, currently we haven't been able to get 1920x1200 to work.

Only works on 16:9 so far.

Athelas

Arcane
Yay, I can move around freely in combat.

Is the 'iemod' folder supposed to go into the Managed folder as well?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Ye mate, just paste them both in there. Personally I prefer the "minimalist" version of the portrait frames to the default. There's a png comparison in there btw.

Any chance on the old save game editor being continued with the release version?

What did you want to be able to do? We've got some in game shit that works.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I would enjoy altering character name, class, race, portrait if its possible.

Also alter skills and stats as well as add feats, maybe mess with inventory as well, much the same as shadowkeeper.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Sensuki I remember that you were going to reduce the movespeed in combat and replace the run animation with the walk one. You still going to do that?

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Btw forgot to mention in all the fuss that in this version:
- the spikes inside the selection circles are removed if you're using the "no engagement" mod
- pressing/holding down TAB removes the tooltip delay from all tooltips - for the inventory items, for the abilities bar, etc, so just like in the IE games

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Alright, whoever cared about the names mod, I reached the first backer NPCs and they aren't renamed. Depending on how the location was built by Obsidians, sometimes they will be, sometimes they won't. Will fix in the next version.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Btw forgot to mention in all the fuss that in this version:
- the spikes inside the selection circles are removed if you're using the "no engagement" mod
- pressing/holding down TAB removes the tooltip delay from all tooltips - for the inventory items, for the abilities bar, etc, so just like in the IE games
Hey Bester, is it possible for you to enable the showing of PC dice rolls in the console combat log when playing on Expert? I don't want to know what my opponent's deflection score is, but I'd like to know that when I roll XYZ I'm getting a hit or miss. This is the level of detail that the IE games had, without displaying your opponent's AC.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Bester any way to inverse the health damage on portraits to be like in BG? This is driving me nuts.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
How do I rebuild the companions to different classes? as its apparently possible with the mod.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Bester any way to inverse the health damage on portraits to be like in BG? This is driving me nuts.
It might be very easy to do, I remember having a brief look at it. But you have a green bar that fills in the same direction, and it'd be weird having the green bar filled in one direction and the portrait damage in another direction, so I decided not to touch it.

Hey Bester, is it possible for you to enable the showing of PC dice rolls in the console combat log when playing on Expert? I don't want to know what my opponent's deflection score is, but I'd like to know that when I roll XYZ I'm getting a hit or miss. This is the level of detail that the IE games had, without displaying your opponent's AC.
A bit more difficult, cause I'd have to not only re-enable the rolls, but also remove the tooltips for these messages (cause in there you can see the deflection). Not extremely complicated, but I don't see much reason in fiddling with it considering that you can just disable expert and check/uncheck whatever boxes you want. Yes, you won't get the achievement that way, but who cares, at least you'll play the way you enjoy the most. Working on a mod that adds nothing of value, but an achievement = weird.

How do I rebuild the companions to different classes? as its apparently possible with the mod.
http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console n. 20

Seari

Arcane
Patron
It might be very easy to do, I remember having a brief look at it. But you have a green bar that fills in the same direction, and it'd be weird having the green bar filled in one direction and the portrait damage in another direction, so I decided not to touch it.
If it's not hard to do I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would prefer it that way. It would be a welcome addition to your IE mod.

agris

Arcane
Patron
A bit more difficult, cause I'd have to not only re-enable the rolls, but also remove the tooltips for these messages (cause in there you can see the deflection). Not extremely complicated, but I don't see much reason in fiddling with it considering that you can just disable expert and check/uncheck whatever boxes you want. Yes, you won't get the achievement that way, but who cares, at least you'll play the way you enjoy the most. Working on a mod that adds nothing of value, but an achievement = weird.

I don't care about the achievement, I didn't know I could selectively only show my rolls and not their deflection. I'll do that, thanks.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Can it bug the game or can there be any drawbacks if I do this to...say Edér?

There's only one way to find it out. :D

1) Do it
2) level him up
3) save the game
(in that oder!)
4) reload this save
5) inspect the charsheet for any inconsistencies and have a look at his abilities bar. If everything looks fine - then you won, if not - just reload an older save before you transformed him.

I don't care about the achievement, I didn't know I could selectively only show my rolls and not their deflection. I'll do that, thanks.
I'm not sure there's one EXACTLY like, we sort of misunderstood each other. What I meant is that you can have an almost-expert mode, with the exception that you'll see the rolls. And if you don't want to see the deflection, just don't hover over those lines I suppose. And what you meant is - "is there a way to disable the tooltip for the rolls messages independently of whether you're on expert or not?".

agris

Arcane
Patron
"is there a way to disable the tooltip for the rolls messages independently of whether you're on expert or not?".
Yep, you got it. The last time I really played the BB was v2XX, which I think showed your rolls and an opponent's deflection all in-line in the log, and later they went to tooltips for the opponent's deflection. Either way, you've decoded my jibberish to an actionable item.

Would you consider implementing what I've quoted? We can achieve the same effect with self-control, so it's definitely not a priority request.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Apart from fixing a few minor bugs in the mod, I'm only planning on playing the game for now, sry. ;)

agris

Arcane
Patron
Apart from fixing a few minor bugs in the mod, I'm only planning on playing the game for now, sry. ;)
No apologies needed! The mod is great, thank you for making my first playthrough closer to an IE experience.

Do you know if there is a way to change the default zoom level, btw? I searched, but haven't found a console command. setzoomdefault, for example, isn't recognized.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom