Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Only explicitely typing iroll20s disables achievements.
So you can cheat using mods? Good to know none of the challenge achievements mean anything in that case.

This goes for every non-valve game by the way (and also valve games in some cases).. In case you actually thought game achievements meant anything at all..

Gerrard

Arcane
So you can cheat using mods? Good to know none of the challenge achievements mean anything in that case.

This goes for every non-valve game by the way (and also valve games in some cases).. In case you actually thought game achievements meant anything at all..
iK1LtX3.jpg

The moddable one does not give achievements.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

iK1LtX3.jpg

The moddable one does not give achievements.

You could hook any game to instantly dump achievements into your lap.. PoE doesn't support mods in the same way Shadowrun or Serious Same does. Our 'mods' are modifying the actual source code. If we were to make 'mods' like that for Serious Sam it would have the same issue.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Yesterday during my (I still don't know how to feel about this) ~8 hour spree, I managed to fuck up a talent point on my rogue, choosing 2 handed style instead of 2 weapons style. Is there any way to fix just this one thing with the console/any other way?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yesterday during my (I still don't know how to feel about this) ~8 hour spree, I managed to fuck up a talent point on my rogue, choosing 2 handed style instead of 2 weapons style. Is there any way to fix just this one thing with the console/any other way?

I don't think there's a command to remove talents but you can add them just fine.

http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console

addtalent two_weapon_fighting

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

I don't think there's a command to remove talents but you can add them just fine.

Not sure this works as intended, because "two_weapon_fighting" is an ability that is associated with that talent, not the talent itself. You probably need to do addtalent tln_two_weapon_fighting

Wulfstand

Prophet

Not sure this works as intended, because "two_weapon_fighting" is an ability that is associated with that talent, not the talent itself. You probably need to do addtalent tln_two_weapon_fighting

Well, it seems to have worked. Thanks for the additional help in any case.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Bester Any chance of adding an option to toggle npc names on or off when you hit tab? I find that albeigh a bit more annoying the vanilla style tab it is more functional as you dont have to mouse over every single npc to see which ones are window dressing and which ones are actually characters you can interact with.

Athelas

Arcane
I'm really starting to think that Sensuki's idea of PER giving +1 accuracy per point and doubling the Deflection bonus of RES to +2 would make for more interesting character building. Any chance of this appearing in the IE mod, or a different mod, soon?

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bester would it be hard to remove the backer NPCs or at least their dialogue?

Last edited:

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but can we get a weapon swap hotkey as an option in the IE mod? Combat feels so awkward without old good W.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing on 1920x1200 and v4.5 of the IE mod on steam. I just messed with the UI for the first time, entering "BB" etc. I can move frames, but I can't enable any of the alternative UI art. I took Sensuki's advice and made a copy of all the 1920x1080 stuff in the "frames" folder, and replaced 1080 with 1200. Is this a 4.5 bug, or am I fucking something up?

Mazisky

Magister
I'm looking for it but i can't find the file related to memorial text.

Someone knows where it is located? thank you

agris

Arcane
Patron
Karkarov's 2560x1440 frames don't work for me, they look like they're still 1920x1080. I checked in the mod folder, and it looks like the 2560x1440 png files are the exact same as the 1920x1080 ones.
What do you mean by 'don't work'. As in don't load, or look fucked up?

Torrasque01

Augur
I'm looking for it but i can't find the file related to memorial text.

Someone knows where it is located? thank you
IS there a way to modify\remove memorial texts???

It's BackerMemorials.xml in resources.assets. You can get at it with Unity Asset Editor/Explorer. With editor you can easily export the full xml or edit it in the program. I think importing it back is a different matter. I haven't messed around with that much.

What's the syntax of this command? There's not much documentation on Bester's site, and this is the only instance of "ForceAA" in the thread.
It's a custom version he made for someone named Canzah I think. Single difference to 4.5 is the ForceAA command that takes 0/2/4/8 as a value that changes from the default 4x anti-aliasing samples and it doesn't reset like "msaa" does. Get it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I'm really starting to think that Sensuki's idea of PER giving +1 accuracy per point and doubling the Deflection bonus of RES to +2 would make for more interesting character building. Any chance of this appearing in the IE mod, or a different mod, soon?

I can talk to Bester about it sometime.

I'm playing on 1920x1200 and v4.5 of the IE mod on steam. I just messed with the UI for the first time, entering "BB" etc. I can move frames, but I can't enable any of the alternative UI art. I took Sensuki's advice and made a copy of all the 1920x1080 stuff in the "frames" folder, and replaced 1080 with 1200. Is this a 4.5 bug, or am I fucking something up?

Turn off Solid HUD background.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Karkarov's 2560x1440 frames don't work for me, they look like they're still 1920x1080. I checked in the mod folder, and it looks like the 2560x1440 png files are the exact same as the 1920x1080 ones.

Like I said, they look like they're 1920x1080. So yes, they load, but they absolutely don't work for 2560x1440 since they're too small.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Like I said, they look like they're 1920x1080. So yes, they load, but they absolutely don't work for 2560x1440 since they're too small.
Make a screenshot, then PM Karkarov on the Obsidian forums.

Same advice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom