Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Bester would it be hard to remove the backer NPCs or at least their dialogue?

Press tab. Look at nameplate. The fanfiction npcs have a different colour nameplate. Avoid those like the plague.

Zekzt

Literate
So im trying to edit spirit shift ability of the druid [change the duration from default 12s to 48]. Whenever i save the edited asset, witch is spiritshift_stag.unity3d transformation in game loses its animations, and the stag character model is all purple...
What im doing wrong here o.0 ?
Any clues ?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Bester would it be hard to remove the backer NPCs or at least their dialogue?

Press tab. Look at nameplate. The fanfiction npcs have a different colour nameplate. Avoid those like the plague.

The fan fiction npc's are horribly inconsistent in terms of writnig, grammar and even punctuation, making it a mess to read. To waste the ability to look into npc souls just to see a bunch of retarded stories while most of the other "proper" npc's are generic as fuck, decline, so much decline.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I would love to see a button - sell all non "magic" weapons/armor. I have at least 5 pages of loot.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
A mini update.

4.5 -> 4.51
- Fixed a bug, where the 6th portrait highlight would always be on.
- Fixed a bug in the ChangeClass console command.
- Added a console command "ForceAA number". As you may know, you can set the Anti-Aliasing through the Msaa command, but the game doesn't remember this setting and resets it every time you transition to another area. By using ForceAA, the game will remember your desired setting. Accepted parameters are: 0, 2, 4, 8. Default is 4.
- Added a console command "DisableBackerDialogues true/false". It must be used in conjunction with the "Rename Backers" mod. It takes effect after you transition or reload a savegame.
- Added a checkbox in Options -> IE Mod for people who wanted to see all tooltips when pressing TAB.

About ChangeClass.
It now removes all talents and abilities, except racial ones and except Watcher's abilities, but that last part is not entirely true. I haven't progressed deep enough into the story to find all Watcher abilities, so it only makes an exception for Crucible_of_the_Soul. I will include others as I discover them, but for now you will lose them if you're going to respec your main character. You can get them back through the AddAbility console command, so it's not a problem. Note that you will also lose your abilities gained through equipment, but you will regain them as soon as you reload your save.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Nobody can download the new version apparently, cause Nexus serves a 0kb file. Dunno when they'll fix it...

Kem0sabe

Arcane
A mini update.

4.5 -> 4.51
- Fixed a bug, where the 6th portrait highlight would always be on.
- Fixed a bug in the ChangeClass console command.
- Added a console command "ForceAA number". As you may know, you can set the Anti-Aliasing through the Msaa command, but the game doesn't remember this setting and resets it every time you transition to another area. By using ForceAA, the game will remember your desired setting. Accepted parameters are: 0, 2, 4, 8. Default is 4.
- Added a console command "DisableBackerDialogues true/false". It must be used in conjunction with the "Rename Backers" mod. It takes effect after you transition or reload a savegame.
- Added a checkbox in Options -> IE Mod for people who wanted to see all tooltips when pressing TAB.

About ChangeClass.
It now removes all talents and abilities, except racial ones and except Watcher's abilities, but that last part is not entirely true. I haven't progressed deep enough into the story to find all Watcher abilities, so it only makes an exception for Crucible_of_the_Soul. I will include others as I discover them, but for now you will lose them if you're going to respec your main character. You can get them back through the AddAbility console command, so it's not a problem. Note that you will also lose your abilities gained through equipment, but you will regain them as soon as you reload your save.

Great update, is it possible to add all these console command options to the ie mod option tab ingame? Eventually.

Aenra

Bester
- i know you know, but since i'm bothering you anyway, the latest changes are not documented (lest i missed them?) in either Nexus or your site
- the 'TT' command does not seem to start anything on my client. What am i missing? Console opens up proper, enter does activate it for chat, but nothing
- edit: sorry.. pressing 'ForceAA 8' minus the quotes did not result in any noticeable difference. Looking at my log, i also do not see an acknowledgement of said command being registered, as i do with 'SelCircWidth 0.05' (that blue font notification). In case this matters, i notice that even though the numeric '8' is unmapped, pressing it while typing in the console results in a red error text stating that it is, you guessed it, unmapped. Shouldn't typing within the console be unrelated to ingame stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:

Torrasque01

Augur
A mini update.
About ChangeClass.

What about the reward talents from the lower part of http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Talent ?

Branm

Learned
Asked this in another thread....Are character levels hard coded? Will it be possible to higher the level cap and add new talents / abilities?

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
see, the problem is i just want to edit the stats of my party members so they arent so squishy.

and that early beta editor was abandoned and the site to download it doesnt even have it anymore.

cheatengine lets me modify my main char, but cant get it to work for party members or my ranger pet.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
see, the problem is i just want to edit the stats of my party members so they arent so squishy.

That's easy, you can just abuse the stat stacking bug. Find something that gives +Con, or +Def or whatever (I think modals work too), equip it on a companion, and move to the map where you recruited them (so Gilded Vale for Eder). Then, just quick save, quick load, quick save again, quick load again, and so on. The stat boost with stack on every load, into infinity.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
What about the reward talents from the lower part of http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Talent ?

Nice find, I'll include them in the exception list in the next version. In the current version they'll be removed, yes.

Will it be possible to higher the level cap and add new talents / abilities?
Yes.

Was checking out one of the new mods, the no auto saving on transition mod and it makes a considerable difference in terms of load times, problem is its not compatible with the ie mod, any chance of including it in future updates?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom