Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I would genuinely like to fuck that redhaired SJW writer chick, anybody else? Not sure if hatefuck or just because its out of my comfortzone.

Also lel at the Dollarhyde last name. Makes me think of Francis Dollarhyde from The Red Dragon!

Anyway, if the writing will be shit or not, remains to be seen. I'll reserve judgement until I've played the game in full.
It is quite possible it will suck major ass, who knows, though, might be just a few lines of shit, might be entire chapters.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
12d.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Screw her looks, is what I'm saying. I want passable writing and I'll be fine.

Her look sends all the right signals for anyone who’s ever tried to meet women at a punk show
Oh dear. Thankfully, I'm more of a jazz and blues person.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The voice acting is disgustingly sub-par, everyone sounds like some modern lousy college kid that droped out from art school. When the fuck will devs learn that voice acting needs to be good for a game to be appreciated, otherwise you get a cringe fest that will make people roll their eyeballs out of orbit. What a waste of fucking time and resources.

I blame those fucking frog eating Belgians from Larian with their shitty idea to fully VO their garbage written game.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Meanwhile at youtube comments:

King Plunger 14 hours ago

full voice over !? that is fucking amazing ! pre order confirmed, even though I haven't pre ordered a game since the failure of fallout 4

Hauler24 13 hours ago

Voiced dialogue is essential.

Henrik Garde 14 hours ago

Full VO? That's incredible!

This is the audience they want. This game, franchise and studio is over.

Big Wrangle

You mean like an unironic version of the Path of Exile BR mode for April Fools? I wouldn't be shocked at this rate.

Valtiel

Scholar
All this sci-fi talking set me in a mood, post your top 10 suggestions (titles, not authors) if you care

Prime Junta

All this sci-fi talking set me in a mood, post your top 10 suggestions (titles, not authors) if you care

I'll give you five current and five older ones. Here are the current ones:

Iain M. Banks: Use of Weapons
Ken McLeod: The Star Fraction
Alastair Reynolds: The Prefect... or the Poseidon's Children trilogy if you like, although the ending for that is a bit derp
China Miéville: Embassytown
James S.A. Corey: Leviathan Wakes

Here are the older ones... although just a little off the beaten track perhaps?

Theodore Sturgeon: More than Human
Fred Hoyle: October the First is Too Late
Arthur C. Clarke: The City and the Stars
Gene Wolfe: The Book of the New Sun
Robert A. Heinlein: Citizen of the Galaxy

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Zero, until she's tried mine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom