Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
New portraits:

Also they added all the Deadfire Pack portraits from PoE1 (no idea why they weren't there in the first place)

Some new watercolor NPC portraits as well.
from left to right:
soyboy ginger elf - 'nuff said
which obama daughter is this?
kill it with fire
aumauna with a mohawk and a single earring, clearly a fag
smug dark elf, probably a child molester
literal soyboy druid
literal soyboy druid cuck
literal soyboy hipster cuck
tommy wiseau's cousin
gay lex luthor

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
New portraits:

hariottttttttttt.jpg

It's... perfect.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We don't know if the aumaua has a single earing, we can't see his other ear. The earing itself is weird, though, it's either an upside down Venus symbol for female or the globus cruciger, none of which make sense in PoE's world.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Seriously,is anyone here seeing themself playing with one of those portraits? The only bearded...thing here looks like a dumpster fighter.
Yes, as a strong independent black woman elf who don't need no empowerment charges.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Seriously,is anyone here seeing themself playing with one of those portraits? The only bearded...thing here looks like a dumpster fighter.
I usually remove the head and replace them in gimp anyways. Bald dude has some badass armor.

Ulfhednar

Savant
"Four injuries and you die" isn't rocket science or complex.
Neither is the health/endurance system, but Obsidian's argument is that people were confused by it. I feel like several of the system changes made for Deadfire, like empowers, changes to injuries, the weapon proficiency system, spell selection / grimoires for casters, and the removal of general talents with the introduction of multiclassing, are more obscure for casual/new players than they were in the first game even if they aren't objectively worse. Single class character progression is definitely more streamlined, though.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I think at some point you have to accept that any RPG system that's complex enough to be interesting is inevitably going to have elements that are confusing to certain people.

Think I'm gonna go with tommy wiseau's cousin then

Hi
Can I help you?
Yeah can I have a dozen xaurip tongues please
Oh hi tommy wiseau's cousin I didn't know it was you
Here you go
That's me
How much is it
That'll be eighteen copper
There you go keep the change
Hi doggie
You're my favorite customer
Thanks a lot bye

Are you okay Eder
I'm okay
ARE YOU OKAY?
I'M OKAY

I did not fed the souls to Woedica
It's not true
It's bullshit
I did not fed her
I did NAAAT
Oh hi Eothas

I used to know a godness, she had a dozen servants. One of them served so hard he ended up at a sanitarium in Brackenbury.

HAHA WHAT A STORY DURANCE

I’m so happy I have you as my best friend, and I love Woedica so much

It seems to me you're an expert Kana

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART EOTHAS (this actually happens in the game)

WHY WOEDICA WHY

Do you understand souls? DO YOU?

Anyways how's your sex life?

It's over I betrayed all the gods I'm fed up with this world

In a few minutes bitch
You and your stupid god

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tommy Wiseau's cousin is the least awful of these, it's true. Doesn't mean I'm gonna use that portrait.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
how is this not posted yet

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire/updates/573

#43 - The Year In Review
POSTED: 12/22/2017

Happy holidays, Watchers! It's been a fantastic year making Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and we couldn't have done it without you and your support! With all that's happened, we asked Producer Katrina Garsten to help us look back on all the major (and some not-so-major) milestones we've hit with the game since we launched our crowdfunding campaign at the beginning of the year. And, like any good developer, we put a nice little bonus at the end of the video for all our fans. Enjoy!

We can't thank you enough for your support this past year. As we go into the new year, get ready for even more updates to the Backer Beta, and prepare for a lot of awesome Deadfire news to come your way! In the meantime, if you're taking part in the closed Backer Beta for Pillars II, be sure to check out the latest update and send us your feedback. We've already made countless improvements to various aspects of Deadfire based on feedback we've already received – thank you so much to our dedicated backers!

Limited Quantities of Physical Orders Are Back For a Short Time!

It's kinda cliché to say "back by popular demand," but Physical Backer Tiers are... back by popular demand! We are re-opening a limited number of our physical rewards for a short window for those of you who missed out on them and still want to order. From now until January 5th, 2018, if you want to upgrade your Deadfire order to a physical order, or add more physical rewards to an existing order, you may do so. But seriously, after January 5th, those physical orders will be gone for good, no matter how much demand there is – so be sure to upgrade now!

Join Us At PAX South!

As Katrina mentioned in the video, some of us will be are also going to be at PAX South in San Antonio, Texas with our publishers Versus Evil, at their booth (#10476). If you're going to be in the San Antonio area, be sure to join us the weekend of January 12-14th, 2018 where you'll be able to get some hands on time with Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire!

Until next time, citizens of Eora, happy holidays to you and yours!

Be sure to join the conversation for this update on our forums. If you missed Update 42, check it out here!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did anyone try the combat with the speed changes etc? Does it indeed feel slower and clearer now?

Ulfhednar

Savant
Did anyone try the combat with the speed changes etc? Does it indeed feel slower and clearer now?
It's better - I usually play at normal speed with frequent pausing - but I think people will still find it fast. They need to bring back slow mode if they haven't already in this beta build (I didn't check...) as I can easily lose track of what's happening in one section of a battle if I get too focused elsewhere.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still no idea why they took out slow mode.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10793

Where did the decision to not include Slow speed come from?

JS: Basically, we wound up with three speeds: a Slow, a Normal and a Fast, and we found that a lot of people just defaulted to playing on the Slow speed. And so, we...things were not setup the way they were supposed to be on the Backer Beta but, in the next update, the speed of everything should be about the speed that Slow was in Pillars 1. In Pillars 1 Slow speed moved everything to about two-thirds the normal combat speed. That is what I wanted everything to be set to for the Backer Beta, there were just some data errors and things like that. And also the movement speed had not been adjusted. So, now, yes, 15% is not 33% but, like I said, movement speed is much more sensitive to adjustments like that. The other combat speeds and Recovery time have all been adjusted down so, hopefully, what you will find in the next Backer Beta update is that the speed of combat is comparable to Slow. My hope, and maybe this won't work, is that you will not need Slow speed because the normal pace of combat is slow, and you will use Fast mode when you want to — like if it's just, "Oh, this is a simple fight", "I'm way overleveled for this", "I just about have it wrapped up" — you can hit Fast toggle and just fly through it.

BH: And one of the nice things about the change of just reducing the overall pacing of combat: you don't get the awkward, slow motion attacks that Slow mode got in base game.

JS: Yeah, that is the other thing. Slow mode actually slows animation down, whereas making Recovery time longer makes the time between attacks longer and slows the overall pace of things happpening down, but the attacks themselves still happen at a — you know, they can still be animated and look normal, not like everything is in slow-mo.

Seems like they didn't like that Slow mode was being used as an unfun default option, so better to make a Normal that's slow - but slow because recovery is slow, not because the entire game is in slow motion.

Sentinel

Arcane
So the combat AI editor is full of pop up menus instead of simple drop down menus... what the fuck? I get Obsidian's HUD designers aren't exactly brilliant but I'd consider this a very basic thing for quick navigation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom