Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bonerbill

Augur
Not getting much more money and its getting close to the end, is it supposed to pick up in the last 3 days or something? Will be kinda sad if it only makes 3 mil

PoE2 already has more backers than Wasteland 2 and Psychonauts 2 on fig. I'm positive it's hitting at least 4 million.

Edit:I I can't wait until the campaign ends. You fags will be eating crow. :D

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
One of the kinda fun thing about "sidekicks" is finding out the one place where they DO interact with the game. For example, having Shar Teel with you can get you of jail in the game's final chapter: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Angelo_Dosan

The Red Wizards don't attack you if you have Edwin in the party as well. The shadow druids in Cloakwood attack you directly if you are with Jaheira. I.e. yeah, it's cool :p I hope sidekicks will have *some* interactions like that.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One of the kinda fun thing about "sidekicks" is finding out the one place where they DO interact with the game. For example, having Shar Teel with you can get you of jail in the game's final chapter: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Angelo_Dosan

The Red Wizards don't attack you if you have Edwin in the party as well. The shadow druids in Cloakwood attack you directly if you are with Jaheira. I.e. yeah, it's cool :p I hope sidekicks will have *some* interactions like that.
Most of my memories of the Shadow druids are from my first playthrough of BGII, when I didn't yet know how exactly to play the game, so I was getting killed all the time. My main memory is how I was constantly sleepy, hungry and wanted to go to the toilet, but I couldn't bring myself to get away from the game. :lol: Thank god for that load game tip "While your character does not have to eat, remember that YOU do..."

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

It's a sad fact that your choice of party members sometimes had more interesting effects in BG1 than in BG2. I always felt that many of the BG1 characters had more... character, too, with no need to express it in so many words.

Sizzle

Arcane
New Fulvano's Voyage location:

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2Fe74998e6383a520290768e10839d2fdde88290fa%2Foriginal.png%3F1487457073

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a sad fact that your choice of party members sometimes had more interesting effects in BG1 than in BG2. I always felt that many of the BG1 characters had more... character, too, with no need to express it in so many words.

I argued this very same point recently, maybe in this thread. Companions in BG1 managed to have much more character than novel-length companions in recent games. I guess it's because their individual quirks are much more pronounced when tightly written, as opposed to being drowned out in a mire of mediocrity, painful in their average-ness.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Welp, couldn't be any more disappointed with that big city. They say they're stepping away from European architecture and culture, and then give us a city that has architecture resembling starving african tribes.
I was expecting something a little bit more high-fantasy with an asian twist. Oh well.

You expected high civilisation on an island of tribals that are busy getting colonised by three different factions? They are like Indonesia and Philippines not China or Japan.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Not getting much more money and its getting close to the end, is it supposed to pick up in the last 3 days or something? Will be kinda sad if it only makes 3 mil

PoE2 already has more backers than Wasteland 2 and Psychonauts 2 on fig. I'm positive it's hitting at least 4 million.

Edit:I I can't wait until the campaign ends. You fags will be eating crow. :D

I really hope so, but I just dont see it happening unless something drastic happens. But another part of me thinks that they wouldnt announce two more stretch goals if they didnt think they would be able to hit them. Maybe there are more fig funds than what is listed?

Sentinel

Arcane
Welp, couldn't be any more disappointed with that big city. They say they're stepping away from European architecture and culture, and then give us a city that has architecture resembling starving african tribes.
I was expecting something a little bit more high-fantasy with an asian twist. Oh well.

You expected high civilisation on an island of tribals that are busy getting colonised by three different factions? They are like Indonesia and Philippines not China or Japan.
What? There's multiple islands in PoE2 (it's literally in the name - Deadfire Archipelago), and Neketaka (or whatever the fuck the name is) is the big central city, has a port and all, which indicates it's very wealthy as it thrives on trade. Why would I not expect high civilization? It's Athkatla - Electric Bogaloo edition. Except Athkatla managed to be consistent in its architecture.

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister

What? There's multiple islands in PoE2 (it's literally in the name - Deadfire Archipelago), and Neketaka (or whatever the fuck the name is) is the big central city, has a port and all, which indicates it's very wealthy as it thrives on trade. Why would I not expect high civilization? It's Athkatla - Electric Bogaloo edition. Except Athkatla managed to be consistent in its architecture.

They showed very little and mostly the slums part. Expect the city to have more fancy places, expecially looking at the map.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, I don't see what's so primitive-looking about the city? I see areas with stone-paved streets, mansions and an impressive seaside battlement. Are a few bamboo docks and palm trees triggering you?

Ah why even bother responding to ThePessimist

Sizzle

Arcane

They showed very little and mostly the slums part. Expect the city to have more fancy places, expecially looking at the map.

Most of the city's districts will be divided amongst the factions (probably with faction-specific architecture as well), I'd wager the entire scenario will be like F:NV - "Please help us break this stalemate, oh Courier Watcher." :D

Sentinel

Arcane
Uh, I don't see what's so primitive-looking about the city? I see areas with stone-paved streets, mansions and an impressive seaside battlement. Are a few bamboo docks and palm trees triggering you?

Ah why even bother responding to ThePessimist
Rewatch the trailer update video without your Obsidan Goggles faggot.
And then read what the original post was about.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
should be less prone to balancing problems than Cad Nua.
Did someone say...:balance:

Also, I loaded Darklands today, and the adventure screens in the city video gave off a similar vibe (Sawyer loves Darkland if I remember correctly). I wonder how often we can expect to see those scripted interactions. I overlooked it initially, but seeing how Darklands handles it, it could be a nice touch in PoE2.

Ivan

Arcane
The only real potential problem that the video shows is that we may have the same situation as PoE1 where the tech couldn't handle any decent level of population density.
The IE games didn't have areas that were significantly populated (Sigil comes to mind, but I would say it was on par w/what you find in Twin Elms).

Deleted Member 16721

Companions in BG1 managed to have much more character than novel-length companions in recent games. I guess it's because their individual quirks are much more pronounced

Word. RPGs like Suikoden manage to add 108 playable characters and they all have character, sometimes without saying a word.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The only real potential problem that the video shows is that we may have the same situation as PoE1 where the tech couldn't handle any decent level of population density.
The IE games didn't have areas that were significantly populated (Sigil comes to mind, but I would say it was on par w/what you find in Twin Elms).
345945352.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom