Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Turjan

Arcane
BTW is it just me, or is that ship kinda... ugly? Blocky hull with a big lumpy aftcastle, no forecastle to speak of, and rigging that's just... odd.

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F7fab63a01ccb4785%2F4ad3654a4ab95d60%2Fca81299e1197ffe4%2F0c0c2274d615088a

Yup, it's pretty ugly. The hull of the ship reminds me more of an old cog, but with cannons:

wissemara_0_126680.940x1000.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
Another option for the inspiration may be mix-up of the ships Christopher Columbus used:

al3carabelas.jpg

The hull reminds a bit of La Niña, the smallest ship, which was a caravela latina.
Maybe they wanted to leave the decks empty for easier navigation during fights, and you cannot have the sails block the view of the deck, but it sure looks bland.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've watched buncha Tyranny streams release-eve and got thanked by most of the streamers cos I told them "hold tab to highlight". That guy who interviewed josh recently was one of them :P but if you ask him he's a cRPG addict.
I watched a Siege of Dragonspear LP by a guy claiming (from the start of the first video) to be an IE games fan. He kept pronouncing Minsc as "Minshk" until someone in the chat corrected him.

The Codex fundraiser started when the Fig campaign was already halfway through and a lot of people had already pledged there. Of course, most people won't contribute to the Codex fundraiser when they have already pledged 30-45-65 $ or even more on Fig.
They can always retract their pledges before the campaign ends, and receive shiny Codex badges.

I found Ydwin interesting from the sidekick description but I hope she doesn't become a full companion. She was the most interesting of the 4 sidekicks, I don't want her messed up by tryhard "narrative design".
:negative:

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
After being exposed to Aerie and that dumbass elf bitch from NWN2 the mere sight of female elf party members makes my blood boil with hate.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The new companion looks retarded, like fan service gone wrong... I bet her personality is all bubbly and shit.

Update 14 said:
  • Ydwin- A strange pale elf cipher from "a lot of different places". Fascinated by animancy, Ydwin spends her free time examining fresh and not-so-fresh corpses. Though she has a charming and pleasant demeanor, new acquaintances are often shocked at her intimate familiarity with death and her dispassionate affect in the face of even the most grisly scenes.
From this description, I am hoping for a cynic with the kind of dry humor that surgeons, coroners and doctors in general tend to have.

HollyhockGod

Novice
I'd think she's a grey-morality nerd-type necroma.. err animancer, not exactly bubbly. She definitely has at least some edge.

I didn't necessarily mean the anime comment in the negative sense. I don't actually mind the odd anime-like character.

Fairfax

Arcane
The new companion looks retarded, like fan service gone wrong... I bet her personality is all bubbly and shit.

Update 14 said:
  • Ydwin- A strange pale elf cipher from "a lot of different places". Fascinated by animancy, Ydwin spends her free time examining fresh and not-so-fresh corpses. Though she has a charming and pleasant demeanor, new acquaintances are often shocked at her intimate familiarity with death and her dispassionate affect in the face of even the most grisly scenes.
From this description, I am hoping for a cynic with the kind of dry humor that surgeons, coroners and doctors in general tend to have.
The Fantastically Indifferent cute nerd with an anime look.
decline.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Codex fundraiser update: Now you can also get digital add-ons through the Codex; just be sure to donate the correct amount for any (digital only) add-on of your choosing, and then we'll sort it out after the fundraiser is over in March.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Ydwin- A strange pale elf cipher from "a lot of different places". Fascinated by animancy, Ydwin spends her free time examining fresh and not-so-fresh corpses. Though she has a charming and pleasant demeanor, new acquaintances are often shocked at her intimate familiarity with death and her dispassionate affect in the face of even the most grisly scenes.

Prior to the anime picture, I thought Obsidian was taking inspiration from iZombie, where you have a quirky girl mortician that takes memories by eating brains.

6M is making Eder kawaii. You heard it here first.

:timetoburn::flamesaw:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Codex fundraiser update: Now you can also get digital add-ons through the Codex; just be sure to donate the correct amount for any (digital only) add-on of your choosing, and then we'll sort it out after the fundraiser is over in March.

You all going to run the campaign until the end date (3/11) or shut it off if it gets to $1500?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can do this even after having pledged $29?

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Update 14 said:
I'm reading necrophiliac. You know, since romances are in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom