Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

eXalted

Arcane
If you're playing with a party, meh not really. It can give a small tactical advantage at times but is IMO not generally speaking worth it; put those points into Survival instead and get those sweet, sweet bonuses.
Alright, thanks. I really hate the move slower the whole game so you can find all the hidden stuff lazy approach. So nice that it can be tweaked with the IE Mod. Better than constantly toggling the stealth and fast modes.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
If you're playing with a party, meh not really. It can give a small tactical advantage at times but is IMO not generally speaking worth it; put those points into Survival instead and get those sweet, sweet bonuses.
Alright, thanks. I really hate the move slower the whole game so you can find all the hidden stuff lazy approach. So nice that it can be tweaked with the IE Mod. Better than constantly toggling the stealth and fast modes.

I am fairly confident detecting hidden objects is based on perception and mechanics, not stealth. It was something like PER/2 + Mechanics if I remember correctly.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mechanics, yes. But effective detection mechanics score is far higher in stealth (+search) mode. You'll only pass very easy detection checks out of stealth mode.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Mechanics, yes. But effective detection mechanics score is far higher in stealth (+search) mode. You'll only pass very easy detection checks out of stealth mode.

Yes but your level of stealth has no effect on it. Wasn't eXalted asking about putting points in stealth? Just having a party member who puts all points in mechanics and scouts once in a while will find everything.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
as if their faith was... deepening.

KNaGsPg.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes. Their defences progress by level, as if their faith was... deepening.

Oh, I meant Faith and Conviction, but I assume that's what you are talking about anyway? It increases their bonuses depending on level rather than disposition?

Quillon

Arcane
I am fairly confident detecting hidden objects is based on perception and mechanics, not stealth. It was something like PER/2 + Mechanics if I remember correctly.

Pretty sure it's just Mechanics

Well they removed scouting effecting finding stuff but I think it still have a little effect as things were revealing without scouting for me(v3.05) but sometimes just as I entered scouting things were revealed. Someone in Obs forums said, scouting adds a little bonus to perception so this is why it happens :M

Lacrymas

Arcane
There are some - especially in TWM - excellent items you can only find with sufficiently high mechanics :)

In TWM..... of course, how could I think otherwise ;d Now I'm debating with myself whether to continue my BG playthrough (I just began BG2) or play PoE now so I don't remember how vastly superior BG2 is (with SCS).

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Mods fixed its vast superiority.

Kidding aside, the cool stuff is in TWN TWM yeah. And unfortunately, TWM essentially ruins the last part of the base game (which was already the weakest part...). I guess the good side of this is that you get to play through TWM at mid-level and can stop after you're done with it. Unless you want to unveil the story of the base game but spoiler alert, it's disappointing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I doubt PoE will inspire modders to mod it as extensively as BG1/2 (can you even mod it to the extent of SCS?), it doesn't have that "magic touch" to arouse nerd fervor. There's no waifu like Aerie either lol.

eXalted

Arcane
As far as I know, it's very hard to mod ----> Unity.

The IE Mod uses some kind of DLL injections and shaeninigans.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Tidefall. And you need 10 mechanics (including tavern buffs and items, were you so lucky to find the +2 gloves).
It is indeed one of the top two-handers in the game and obtainable as soon as level 6 (if you can defeat its guardian and pass the mechanics check).

cannondwarf

Scholar
Does anyone know if Armored Grace stacks fully with Durgan Steel on weapons/armor? I'll probably respec and take something else if most of the talent goes to waste

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I believe it stacks.. or it's an apples/oranges kind of bonus. Anyway should be worthwile to have both for heavier armor types.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom