Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape: Torment is 25 years old this year. What are you hoping for?

motherfucker

Educated
We probably ain't getting no anniversary edition or anything of the sort, but would be nice to get some sort of retrospective from MCA. I know there's a bunch of interviews and stuff, but nothing like a nice, fat blogpost.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm putting in a character named Chad Abalone in my BG3 parody, so that's something I guess.

Be the change you wish to see in the world or whatever.

:greatjob:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I hope no one comes up with the idea of refreshing the brand. Really, it's better left dead. While Baldur's Gate 3 can be considered at least a partially successful game because the setting was always been pulp and infantile, PT needs a slightly more intelligent approach and sense of taste. No one, especially Wizards, is going to give money to something that won't please former Tumblr users.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I'd like to fuck young 25 year old girl called Torment. Torment her with my horse cock until sweet suffering unlocks the meaning of life...RPGs are shit. At least until we can simulate living fantasy worlds with AI. We're all playing for decades just CYOAs with pew-pew battles. All true roleplaying happens in our heads. RPGs are just there to stimulate our brains, like skilled, good whore stimulates dick

Torment stimulated my heart. At least that's what are my expectations once I finally play it

:troll:

Hellraiser

Arcane
I hope no one comes up with the idea of refreshing the brand. Really, it's better left dead.
Came in here to say this. Hopefully inXile's numanuma successfully killed such ideas for the next 20 years at least.

My personal belief is that WotC is unlikely to try to push for a new torment as such, sooner a new planescape game if they want to raise awareness of the setting and sell more books or something.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I would be happy with a planescape game, not even a successor.

Definetely not by Larian though... also 5E is problematic, but ok what can we do, from what I read the porting to 5E of Planescape is not that bad, but no idea.

KeAShizuku

Novice
BG3 has nice graphics, animations and voice acting but Larian can't write for shit so keep them away from PST.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I hope no one comes up with the idea of refreshing the brand. Really, it's better left dead.
Came in here to say this. Hopefully inXile's numanuma successfully killed such ideas for the next 20 years at least.

My personal belief is that WotC is unlikely to try to push for a new torment as such, sooner a new planescape game if they want to raise awareness of the setting and sell more books or something.

Wotc has been in trouble lately. I won't say they will go bankrupt, but they may restructure. This may be the best thing RPG has had in years because either the brands they own will die for a while or they will be released (but in that case there is possibility of the brands being taken over by some screwed-up indie company).

La vie sexuelle

Learned

motherfucker

Educated
Holy shit I just realized that I never considered the possibility of a new Torment by Larian.

:prosper:

Imagine 3D sex with Tiefling or succubus.

But also

Imagine sex with flying skull.
[DEXTERITY] Kick the Lim-Lim.

By today's standards it will probably be: [Con] Insert the Lim-Lim.
It's a paraphrased dialogue option from BG3, so by today's standards it will still probably be what I said.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy shit I just realized that I never considered the possibility of a new Torment by Larian.

:prosper:

Imagine 3D sex with Tiefling or succubus.

But also

Imagine sex with flying skull.
[DEXTERITY] Kick the Lim-Lim.

By today's standards it will probably be: [Con] Insert the Lim-Lim.

What if Lim-lims are non-binary?

I never said where the Lim-Lim went bigot. And of course they're non-binery. I would know. If I remember correctly, they turned rock hard for a reason as well.

ds

Cipher
Patron
The best we can hope for is that the game is left alone. It doesn't need a sequel and it definitely does not need a remake or any kind of modern update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom