Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape: Torment is 25 years old this year. What are you hoping for?

mondblut

Arcane
To be perfectly honest, I think PST's ending sets it up pretty nicely for a sequel.
The Nameless One died and was recruited into a never-ending war, but as we know, he was pretty fucking powerful (especially now, after merging with other reincarnations). The ending doesn't state whether he lost his powers or not.
If he didn't, a force like him could tip the balance and make one of the sides finally win and end the war. Surviving the war, helping one of the sides win (or making both of them eradicate themselves), ending the war and escaping Hell would be a pretty decent premise imo.

You got it all wrong. Brave and stunning size+ Annah of color goes to HELL to show the white cishet archdevils who's the BOSS and rescue her hapless love interest, Nameless One (of color).

In the end, she helps him transition, abandon his Nameless deadname and adopt the name Laqueefa (they/them).

huskarls

Scholar
The sequel came out a few years back and improved on the original. Disco Elysium.
PST is a way to determine a person's sense of self here. Plenty of would be cultist make it apart of them so they can belong to some autistic community, by group thinking awe about it. Even more ridiculous a similar game comes out and they say 'visual novel' and 'no combat.' This place is degenerating in rational thought from foreseeing the decline of obsidian to making a gothic 2 mod goty

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy shit I just realized that I never considered the possibility of a new Torment by Larian.

:prosper:

I think they are going to defile Ravenloft before Planescape, that was their previous focus/thought though, a long time ago.

About Planescape:Torment, the best we can hope for is that the game is left alone, it doesn't need a remake or any kind of modern update.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Holy shit I just realized that I never considered the possibility of a new Torment by Larian.

:prosper:

I think they are going to defile Ravenloft before Planescape, that was their previous focus/thought though, a long time ago.

About Planescape:Torment, the best we can hope for is that the game is left alone, it doesn't need a remake or any kind of modern update.
It'd be better if they just adapted decent dnd modules. Rather than rehashing other people's work they can sidestep their lack of creativity by copying good pnp modules.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PST is a game nerds pointed to when they wanted to show gaming isn't nerd hobby. Look it's intellexhuall and deep! Forgetting that that's another word for it's nerdy.

That the game was shit didn't matter.
Just admit you had trouble reading anything more than few sentences. It's clear anyway, considering writing comprehensive posts seems to be out of your capabilities.

sayf_allah

Literate
BG3 has nice graphics, animations and voice acting but Larian can't write for shit so keep them away from PST.
I keep seeing praise for BG3's writing everywhere. Don't really understand it. They brought back a ton of characters that they really did not need to bring back IMO. Just a very derivative game from what I understand of it. Plus, it's 5e, which is a terrible edition.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

cdx

Novice
My dreams for PS:T are that in the next decade or two some crazy modder(s) would rip out the combat system and replace it with a new one so it's the same game with much better combat. Would love to play that.

Or Atomboy hits it big with BG:Swordhaven and then hire Avellone to do their classics treatment to PS:T in a new IP. Very capable team, great writer eager for a comeback, kickstarter-funded, creative freedom without a publisher pushing agendas, could be amazing. One can dream.

ColonelMace

Novice
I'm not at ease with knowing that somebody could some day participate in a tv show and the million dollars question could turn out to be "What famously unpolished, some could say flawed gem of a video game released in 1999 featured an eerie setting with macabre tones, unsettling music, horrible monstruosities, gothic-inspired aesthetic, a storyline revolving around death and redemption and the original® feature of doing away with the traditional "game over" state, replaced by a clever system of infinite reincarnation loops ?", because he would have no way to know whether the answer is PST, Soul Reaver or Shadowman.

The Jester

Cipher
Movie game like God of War sequel with a lot of cutscenes set in blood war.
:troll:

Cologno

Educated
I'm not at ease with knowing that somebody could some day participate in a tv show and the million dollars question could turn out to be "What famously unpolished, some could say flawed gem of a video game released in 1999 featured an eerie setting with macabre tones, unsettling music, horrible monstruosities, gothic-inspired aesthetic, a storyline revolving around death and redemption and the original® feature of doing away with the traditional "game over" state, replaced by a clever system of infinite reincarnation loops ?", because he would have no way to know whether the answer is PST, Soul Reaver or Shadowman.
Nah, I wouldn't hother yourself over it. it'll be memory-holed alongside Cyberpunk for not aligning with then-Current Year™ standards.

Sarcasm aside, people are getting noticeably dumber, attention spans getting ever shorter, and the internet more malleable to selective preservation. And that occurred to me over a cold cup of coffee, so whatever is actually devised will be worse.

Heh, you have a good day, now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom