Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playstation VR 2

bucktoothgamer

Literate
Pistol whip is fantastic, and if you already enjoy gt7 flat I'm sure you'll love the VR mode.

As someone who is new to VR myself I'm still trying to get through the beginners motion sickness here and there. I want to be fully comfortable once saint and sinners drops

Doktor Best

Arcane
Gotten a bit used to the headset and having a lot of fun with village currently. Yes its blurry during motion but overall the visual quality is decent and the deep blacks really elevate the horror aspect.

Pavlov doesnt use reprojection and therefor is very clear. It uses a lower render resolution than my pcvr setup though. The visual quality is comparable to Index id say.

Yesterday i played Pavlov at night and my right controller started to lose tracking when aiming down sights. I hope it was just a lighting problem as the room is a bit dim right now, have to replace light bulbs.

Will test today during daylight. It could also be an occlusion problem which would be a dealbreaker for anyone who wants to play fps where you aim down sights.

Venser

Erudite
Yesterday i played Pavlov at night and my right controller started to lose tracking when aiming down sights. I hope it was just a lighting problem as the room is a bit dim right now, have to replace light bulbs.

Will test today during daylight. It could also be an occlusion problem which would be a dealbreaker for anyone who wants to play fps where you aim down sights.

If you have the TV on while playing, turn on enhanced tracking in options. It will add a border around the social screen that will help headset with the tracking.
Also low battery in the controllers causes tracking loss.

Doktor Best

Arcane

If you have the TV on while playing, turn on enhanced tracking in options. It will add a border around the social screen that will help headset with the tracking.
Also low battery in the controllers causes tracking loss.

Low battery cannot be the issue because they were fully loaded yesterday and i just played a round without having them recharged and it worked perfectly fine under daylight. I'm pretty sure now it is due to the dim lighting. PSVR2 tracking seems to be more susceptible to that than Quest2. Enhanced tracking won't do me good because i don't face my TV while playing (more like almost an 90° angle)

Venser

Erudite
Best selling PSVR2 digital games for February 2023

Keep in mind that the headset came out at the very end of the month on 23rd.

k5i4tw34vyma1.png

Mortmal

Arcane
Snorted a little bit at something named Job Simulator appealing to European autists.
Zed summed it up, it was german, farming simulator especially was selling big . Their publisher focus entertainement had an IPO, most people ignored it, i even told you guys it was a good idea to participate . 15 euros in 2015 , 48 euros now with some peaks at 74.5.

Oropay

Educated
the deep blacks really elevate the horror aspect.
That's why I won't buy an HMD without an OLED display. Currently I have the Samsung Odyssey+, and yes, the inky blackness is amazing (as long as you control light bleed). That's definitely one thing that PSV2 gets right, along with HDR. The eye tracking + foveated rendering is also a great feature. Unfortunately, seems like the lenses suck as does the subpixel arrangement, which is problem for OLED in general although some panels do use a more standard RGB stripe layout. Also of course the HMD has no standalone functionality, which while outside the scope of PSVR2, is a major deficit compared to something like the Quest 2 or one of the knockoffs.

I won't be buying a new headset until
>standalone with PC connection possibility
>wide FOV
>high resolution, high refresh rate OLED
>pancake lenses
>eye tracking + foveated rendering

PSVR2 misses half of those boxes, and the Quest 3 isn't going to check half of those boxes either. Maybe the Quest 4 or a competitor will actually be good. Honestly for what it is (and for the $300 I paid for it all those years ago), the O+ hasn't really been leapfrogged except for the standalone aspect, which is substantial but at the same time the power of the SoC is pretty low. Disappointing, really.

Venser

Erudite
Actually HDR is not great as it ads tons of blur on PSVR2. The higher the brightness, the more motion blur there is. That's why many people set it down all the way to zero for better clarity, which negates the whole point of having HDR.
It has highest persistence of all modern VR headsets (high persistence = more blur)

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Switchback turned out very disappointing

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
A 40 dollar 3 hour vr game where you can't even fucking walk and just move on a rail cart. What do you think? :lol:

Venser

Erudite
The best selling PSVR2 digital games for April 2023

* bunded games, upgrades and hybrid games that can be played in both VR and flat (GT7, RE8, No Man's Sky etc) don't count on this list

otgsbfwcdpya1.jpg

Silent Hill ripoff in VR

Venser

Erudite
From creators of Dreadhalls. Missed opportunity on calling it "Dread Space" :-D

Last edited:
Gawd daaaaaaayumn, I really wanna get this doodad just for RE4R VR, but even with my tax refund that's still a helluva price tag...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Would be cool with a AAA('ish) VR game that wasn't a shooter or a jumpscare game.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Pretty sure the best selling games are Resident Evil Village and GT7, but these sales can't be tracked as they are not VR only titles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom