Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playstation VR 2

Venser

Erudite

ind33d

Educated
if VR is mainstream now, why are game remakes still just texture packs instead of adding VR features? at least making random old games work with HMDs would be worth the price of buying it again

Venser

Erudite
The best selling PSVR2 digital games for September

Top.png

Venser

Erudite
Best selling PSVR2 games of 2023

Pavlov was the best selling PSVR2 game of 2023. The list doesn't include hybrid games such as GT7, RE4, RE8 or No Man's Sky nor Horizon copies that were bundled with the headset.

2023.png

Japan region:

Japan.png

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
They're either gonna have to put out a hardware revision or sell a dongle. Most GPUs don't have type-C virtual link anymore.

Venser

Erudite

Doktor Best

Arcane
PSVR2 will have official PC drivers !!! coming later this year. Imho it is right now quality wise best headset around (due to high res OLED and HDR) and it is insta buy for me in this case.

The black levels are really nice for horror games but anytime i put it on i instantly miss the Quest3s pancake lenses.

Id say Quest3 with a good router is still a better pcvr headset at least for most games. But lets see how it does when the drivers are released.

Perkel

Arcane
PSVR2 will have official PC drivers !!! coming later this year. Imho it is right now quality wise best headset around (due to high res OLED and HDR) and it is insta buy for me in this case.

The black levels are really nice for horror games but anytime i put it on i instantly miss the Quest3s pancake lenses.

Id say Quest3 with a good router is still a better pcvr headset at least for most games. But lets see how it does when the drivers are released.

Sweetspot was never huge issue for me. Never really cared that much for edges of screen being a bit blurry. Imho the biggest difference pancake lenses bring is change in center of mass and decreasing size of device and weight. PICO4 despite having similar mass to Quest 2 feels like 1/4 of Quest 2 on your head. It is the first headset where i can work comfortably for hours without VR face or other issues. And for Quest 2 i had elite battery strap so it was 1:1.

I really miss those inky blacks because they are key to being "in" game as with something like space game where you can see black void it effectively feels like there is higher FOV. I love space games and inky blacks are just cherry on top of good experience.

Moreover it has HDR which is pretty much first for consumer grade hardware. If you use HDR daily like me you can see easily how colors on most of current VR headsets are squashed into narrow band.

With official drivers developers and modders will also have trully widely available headset with fovated rending to play with. From initial tests it boosts FPS by 20-30% and the higher resolution and FOV the more it boosts FPS. I doubt we will see instantly fovated rendering implementations but this would be proper start.

Venser

Erudite
Sweetspot was never huge issue for me. Never really cared that much for edges of screen being a bit blurry.

The sweet spot is small but the chromatic aberration on the text is unbearable if you don't wear the headset just right.

Perkel

Arcane
Sweetspot was never huge issue for me. Never really cared that much for edges of screen being a bit blurry.

The sweet spot is small but the chromatic aberration on the text is unbearable if you don't wear the headset just right.

Ehh i didn't have much issues with that either back in gen1 devices. It is something you just get used to after a while.

Venser

Erudite

Fuck, is Sony abandoning PSVR2? Blood & Truth was one of my favorite VR games and the ending set up a sequel so I really hoped we'd get one eventually. Even PS5/PSVR2 remaster would've been good.

ADL

Prophet
RIP The Getaway 3 ever happening. There was always a chance with London Studios still around.

Oropay

Educated
Fuck, is Sony abandoning PSVR2?
Who knows. I originally thought Sony was just allowing the PSVR2 HMD to run on PC as part of its larger monetization strategy (which includes bringing its exclusives to PC), but maybe that's to cut their losses on producing the HMD if they know it's not going to sell well on PS5 because nogaems. Personally I doubt Sony is completely abandoning the headset: it's probably just closing a studio that was making a lackluster game. The other small percentage layoffs are just Sony trying to get rid of the dead weight (which there's obviously a lot of in the gaming industry). Seems pretty cutthroat out there right now, although unfortunately I bet the diversity hires are the last go

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom