Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE Bug Reports Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
A Stronghold bug:

There was a [x] attack on my stronghold, I've chosen to defend it personally, defeated the [x], but they appear every time I enter, it's not that bad, can deal with them quickly, but the item selling guy disappeared and visitors aren't present in the castle. Any fixes for this?

I have unfortunately encountered the same problem with a different spawn of enemies. It wouldn't be so bad but as the OP said it stops visitors and other guests from entering the castle. Is the only work around to restart and only auto-resolve these conflicts?

garren

Arcane
Patron
Sagani talking to me about stuff I'm not supposed to know yet in party dialogue:

5lQwEmc.jpg

Who the hell is Thaos? :lol: Thanks for the spoilers, Sagani.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
So I used Kalakoth's Minor Blight, and some nasty shit happened. Aloth's grimoire and weapon disappeared into oblivion, and the inventory slots became unusable so he cannot equip new ones. All he can do now is punch stuff. Resting doesn't help.

I knew playing this game on release was a bad idea.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Lots of these bugs must be new from after v480. I did lots of testing in v480 and never encountered most of these.

I guess when you rush - you make mistakes.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Should have made the first act available to backers on Monday :M

This complaint has popped up a bunch of times, but it wasn't clear how much of a problem it was. This guy seems to be pretty sure that it's not just a cosmetic bug:

My main character, a Cipher, for some reason does not get any AoE bonuses from Intellect, while other characters do. The character screen claims I'm getting bonuses, but the area highlight never shows the yellow zone, regardless of my Intellect. I verified that it's not only a visual glitch - the area is indeed not affected by bonuses. I tried disabling/re-enabling the area highlight to no avail. I also tried manipulating the attribute score through cheats in attempts to "unstuck" the calculation, and it actually worked (I got the yellow zone) until I reloaded from a save. I can no longer reproduce this...

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can confirm I'm getting the no intellect radius thing. Not sure if it's not related to the Drinking Horn of Moderation though, since that thing buffs your intellect to randomly outrageous amounts.

Sadface.gif. Horn's probably the worst one by far atm. Especially since nobody has figured out a way to resolve it via console commands.

btbgfel

Scholar
Endless Paths level 13 is currently impossible to complete due to an interactable object (as described by game guides) being non-interactable in the release version.
One on steam said level 13 ghosts will only talk to you after you have done certain questline about heritage hill in Defiance Bay.
That table will only become interactable if you absorb the knowledge after defeat the old mad watcher. And it only leads to loot, not next level.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
rope kid" post="443347779 said:
Level 13 is kind of tricky. Here are two hints, one vague, the other more specific:

Vague:
Getting past the door requires speaking to the spirits on the level (all of them).

Specific:
The spirit on the far east side of the map who is nervous, you need to talk to him after you've grilled the builder spirit more near the center. One of the options on the nervous spirit (I think it's asking if he's still loyal to Od Nua) gets him to spill some beans on the door's password.

According to Sawyer on SA, you can get past lvl 13 it's not impossible, just requires a weirdo workaround. They'll patch it tho

Coyote

Arcane
The first part of voiced dialogues will get cut off from time to time. So far the pattern I've experienced is that it'll affect a single character and continue to occur for each new line the character speaks, including both in regular dialogue and the floating text lines that occur while exploring. Reloading fixes it; not sure whether changing areas does.

On a couple of occasions now I've used knockdown once and found that both uses were depleted when I switched back to the character. Combat log would only show one use.

I think there might be a bug in difficulty settings resetting, the game felt way too easy for the hard so I went to options and set it to the easy, went back and put back on hard and transitioned to new area, and enemies felt more difficult.

Hm, I think I might have this as well. Just restarted on PotD a little while ago to try a different build for my character, and while I think the build is definitely superior for the purpose of combat, in some of the encounters I've gone from barely eking out a win after 5+ attempts to winning pretty effortlessly. Still shows up as PotD in the menu.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Using the sorting options at the blacksmith in Gilded Vale (perhaps in other places as well) will leave some items permanently "dulled" in character inventories.

EDIT: That is, if you don't reclick the category you "sorted" by. Odd way to sort items in lists that are that long.

Last edited:

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hmm

*Some spell effects / debuffs last forever. One example is the ogre druid flies spell?
*Ranger pets can be used as a immortal shield
*Raedric's hold have a few bugs where you cant enter / leave some zones. I have heard different levels from different people but it seem to be a bug for that area alone.
*If you tell a character to cast a spell that is out of range inside behind a blocked chokepoint then the character will run around forever unable to do any other action unless you tell it something else.
*The AI cheats? Not sure if its a bug or a intended future but if i scout with lets say a fighter (yeah i know) and engage the enemy group, then even if all other characters are out of range (never tried super far away) they will run past the warrior ignoring him and cast / use ranged spells and attack on the Wizard instantly killing him (10+ enemies), if there is no wizard they target the priest.
*Voiced dialogue in text and in conversations with companions some times don't load correctly. If you enter a new zone you will hear that the first few words are missing. However its not only a problem with when you enter a new zone. This can also happen mid zone but the bug is only for the first 2-4 letters in the sentence.
*Charmed team mates just stand around doing nothing (same with enemy ones), its... strange? It works some times and other times it don't work at all.
*casting a spell "past" a charmed companion will some times (even if they have the required range) cause your character to run up and hit the companion in melee and then ignoring the spell.
*Some times when on a loading screen the game with crash (very very very rare)
*If you are in windowed and some times you click on the game when its on a loading screen it will cause the game to crash (very very very rare also)
*Not as much of a bug as a general complain over the stats that the story companions have...
*Characters still have a very hard time to stay in some kind of formation when moving around.
*Not sure if its a bug or not but if you discover a trap... Why do the character that just discovered it walk right into it and not around it :(
*accuracy is very strange and should / need to be rebalanced. This might also be the problem with the companion stats as i have not found a "good" way to get better at hitting things, the devs seem to over value perception?
*Not a bug... but some companions seem... under developed when it come to content.
Story:
*I could not do more then facepalm when the duke got murdered in the main chamber. Why was my character just standing around picking his nose when the main evil entered the room... Say or do something @_@ ofc i guess the game would be over at that point but still.
*Gold / item value is all over the place in this game...
*The stash is great... and crap also. at some point in the game i had like 400+ armor pieces @_@
*Not sure if i'm a idiot but... in some points in the game some npc's seem like they would have more options for them but no mater where i look or what i do i cant find anything to do to help them. For example the banshee (one example).
*What is "a turn" within the keep?
*The resting within the keep is bad. I know its free (when you have paid for it) but there are many better ones out there in the inn's. Maybe a re balance where you can pay to gain more bonuses if you have the upgrade and coins for it?
*Some spells / effects have 0 use from what i can tell. The most obvious ones are the "until you get hit" type. Atleast i have not found a good use for them. I guess in the end the core problem is that spells and abilities are mostly only usable within combat, not allowing you to buff up.
*There are some cheap encounters within the game where the creatures are "friendly" (i'm sneaking around scouting), so the obvious thing you will think is... "oh i can talk to them :D"... Wrong The moment you go out of "scouting / stealth" they will attack you...cheap T_T.
*Not sure if its a bug... But some of the druid enemies that can cast lighting... Well they always hit, always stun, have unlimited uses of this spell and its a AOE? Not sure if its intended or not but... Its very annoying in either case.
*Some times sound effects will increase greatly making you hear the footsteps of giants. Its kinda annoying when the game randomly change the sound level.
*Some spells and abilities are out of sync with the game world. Lets say you are casting a aoe... fireball? Enemies and team mates will some times get hit even if outside the "circle" and other times they wont get hit even if they are in the circle.
*Some times characters run around for no reason (no spell effect / debuff on them) they just decide "Nope" and start running away X_X
*Oh there is a enemy inside endless paths that... well its not there.

Cant think of that many more at this moment

Edit: Also the buff stacking bug explains a lot of things as to why certain encounters are very easy and others are very hard. Thanks

Shannow

Waster of Time
*Charmed team mates just stand around doing nothing (same with enemy ones), its... strange? It works some times and other times it don't work at all.
Charmed, confused, dominated: All different effects. Charmed means you consider your enemies as friends and don't attack them. You also don't attack your party. Confused has you attacking random targets. Dominated would have you attacking your party. So charmed is working as intended.

*casting a spell "past" a charmed companion will some times (even if they have the required range) cause your character to run up and hit the companion in melee and then ignoring the spell.
Now this is tricky. I guess it's because charmed party members are considered "hostile" for the duration of the spell. You automatically engage hostiles if you wield melee weapons. This should be fixed. There should be a "neutral" flag. This would also fix auto-attack switching to charmed (and confused) party members. Neutral should still be hit by positive and negative AoEs.

*Not sure if its a bug or not but if you discover a trap... Why do the character that just discovered it walk right into it and not around it :(
Because this is not Div:OS. :( Personally I dislike that traps and secrets can only be found in scouting mode but are then always found.
*accuracy is very strange and should / need to be rebalanced. This might also be the problem with the companion stats as i have not found a "good" way to get better at hitting things, the devs seem to over value perception?
Yes, but working as intended. Sawyer removed acc bonuses from stats. You get better at hitting stuff through levels, talents, modals and equipment. (Which you probaly know since you're much farther in the game.)

*Some spells and abilities are out of sync with the game world. Lets say you are casting a aoe... fireball? Enemies and team mates will some times get hit even if outside the "circle" and other times they wont get hit even if they are in the circle.
Hmm, "outside the circle"? Do you see the increased range from inteligence?
Not getting hit inside the circle is also possible if the character makes an exeptionally good save and is missed. Unfortunately the combat log can be sometimes useless if several targets are hit at once. Here is an example
p7jZXzb.jpg
Oh, and Fan of Flames is seriously OP.

I looked into Kana's 3rd weapon-set showing on others. Happens as soon as I click on Kana as an individual. After that the set shows up on all others. Clicking the set on others doesn't do anything apart from the "switching" sound effect.
HH8OjX3.jpg
raRKCgh.jpg
sAiktC7.jpg

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
On the last part.

I'm not even sure how to explain it... If you cast a AOE spell and your companions are within the yellow area then they wont get hit. If they are within the red area they will get hit. However in some zones?? (maybe??) there is a problem where even if my companion is standing within the yellow zone he would still get hit as if he was in the red zone. This also happens against enemies. I will see if i can take a screenshot later.

Wulfstand

Prophet
The most annoying bug I've encountered so far is when, after loading up a new area, none of my keys work (not even esc, spacebar, etc.). The only way to fix this is either to reload, or to load up a different area.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
Should have made the first act available to backers on Monday :M

This complaint has popped up a bunch of times, but it wasn't clear how much of a problem it was. This guy seems to be pretty sure that it's not just a cosmetic bug:

My main character, a Cipher, for some reason does not get any AoE bonuses from Intellect, while other characters do. The character screen claims I'm getting bonuses, but the area highlight never shows the yellow zone, regardless of my Intellect. I verified that it's not only a visual glitch - the area is indeed not affected by bonuses. I tried disabling/re-enabling the area highlight to no avail. I also tried manipulating the attribute score through cheats in attempts to "unstuck" the calculation, and it actually worked (I got the yellow zone) until I reloaded from a save. I can no longer reproduce this...
Some of the Ciphers abilities still seem to be hitting outside of the visible AoE highlight for me...Mental Binding seems to work for example so the extension from intelligence may still be working. It may not always seem so though as you can still miss on AoEs...you'll need to check the log to see if they appear there. Today all my highlights are only base ones except for Secret Horrors (lvl 3 spell) which displays correctly...at least for now.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Some guy is reporting graphics glitches running at 3200x1800 resolution with an Intel HD 4400. So FYI, don't do that.

More instances of the Save/Load bug:

Upon loading a game where you have equipped the "Amulet of Health" your character's maximum Endurance will go up by 15.

Steps to reproduce are simple:

1. Equip the Amulet of Health on a character, in my example on Aloth. Make a note of his modified Endurance stat.

2. Save the game.

3. Leave the game by going to the main menu

4. Load the game anew and observe that the Endurance stat is now 15 points higher than it was when you saved it.

Issue: Durance appears to be steadily gaining permanent increases to his intellect from The Talisman of Unconquerable.

Steps to reproduce: I didn't notice this at first so I'm not sure exactly what's going on.

1. Equip the Talisman of the Unconquerable on Durance

2. Travel, fight and rest with him for some time

3. Note that his intellect slowly inceases

What I would expect to happen: A +2 boost in intellect when Durance's endurance is over 50% as described in the item's text that only occurs when he has the Talisman equipped.

Workaround is to either play on Normal and never equip any sort of stat boost items (applies to weapons too) or play on PotD to balance out the difficulty curve. No dev or mod responses yet.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Here's a fun one:

All the enemy AI has just stopped. They just stand there, while I kill them. Doesn't matter if I change zones, reload or restart the game, it's stayed broken. I don't know how it triggered, it just started randomly as I was going through the temple in the first town.

EDIT: Also wanted to add, starting a new game has not fixed it either. Mobs are still broken.

I have this exact issue. It happened for me after doing a Task for the Valian? Embassy (the task where you end up on a bridge?) and then, after wandering around of a little whilst deciding what to do after this quest, i went to Heritage Hill

All the enemy AI is broken, except wizards can still cast *some* spells on themselves.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Posted it in the main thread too, but apparently the Save/Load bug may be location related. One user reports consistently getting it when he goes to Gilded Vale and save/loads there, but not in any of the surrounding wilderness areas. Might be related to having lots of NPCs in an area (so it might happen in all the towns), or just to one specific aspect of that map screwing up save games.

roshan

Arcane
I am unable to disable Reckless Assault on my Rogue. I assume it is supposed to be a modal ability, but it works constantly, like a passive.

How is this actually supposed to work??? It's weird because out of combat I can click on it and it actually gives double bonuses and penalties (-16 to deflection, +16 accuracy). And in the description it then says -8 deflection suppressed, and +8 accuracy suppressed. Sensuki any ideas???

Sheepherder

Augur
Marksman and Distant Advantage (wood elf racial) stop working after a while. Newly created char has the bonuses active while my old one doesn't.

roshan

Arcane
I am unable to disable Reckless Assault on my Rogue. I assume it is supposed to be a modal ability, but it works constantly, like a passive.

How is this actually supposed to work??? It's weird because out of combat I can click on it and it actually gives double bonuses and penalties (-16 to deflection, +16 accuracy). And in the description it then says -8 deflection suppressed, and +8 accuracy suppressed. Sensuki any ideas???

When I add deflecting assault, the bonuses change to add the +5 deflection, but the damage multiplier becomes 2.4!!!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Marksman and Distant Advantage (wood elf racial) stop working after a while. Newly created char has the bonuses active while my old one doesn't.

That's the double click to equip bug. As soon as you equip anything by double clicking instead of drag and drop, all your active abilities become permanently disabled. Some Gamespot reviewer started a twitterstorm about it, so now it may get hotfixed quickly (on Monday).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom