Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE Reviews

hiver

Why exactly would Sensuki respect the NDA?

He is hoping for a job?
Maybe because Avellone called Codex unprofessional and Sensuki does not want to prove him right.
Maybe the answer is in that video "about me". If anyone can point me to a part where he reaches puberty i would appreciate it.

:troll: man i have to leave these around everytime now because nobody gets anything anymore...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why exactly would Sensuki respect the NDA?

He is hoping for a job?
Maybe because Avellone called Codex unprofessional and Sensuki does not want to prove him right.
Maybe the answer is in that video "about me". If anyone can point me to a part where he reaches puberty i would appreciate it.

:troll: man i have to leave these around everytime now because nobody gets anything anymore...
You watched that video? Are you his #1 fan?

Mazisky

Magister

at the link

Fluent aka Mazisky i think said:
Sorry, these thoughts will have to wait due to the embargo!

lmao. has a link to his patreon - and his real name - in his sig too.

Matt Webb, you are dumber than a bag of hammers

LoL, i linked the post just in time before it was canceled.

Btw, why u said "Fluent aka Mazisky"? Did you really think he was me? Didn't you read the "I found this comment on the net" quote?

I like purple nights btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Someone on the Obsidian boards asked for blue night time I think, personally I just preferred dark night time, but whatevs I guess

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Purple night isn't linked to the souls aspect, and the general purpley theme of the art design?

Seems like if you link nights as bluey purpley with the bluey purpley of the souls, then you've got a visual mechanic where you've got two very scary things reinforcing each other.

Perkel

Arcane
I heard from reliable source that final reviews will also have NDAs

For example:

- at any moment given in review you are not allowed to say "fun"
- you are not allowed to say that you slept with avellone for score
- if your nick is roguey we want to remind you that you have court order to not get near Obsidian by 500m. Please leave us alone.

Mazisky

Magister
Combat music seems excellent!!! Justin did an awesome job

Sensuki, according to game files, can i know how many combat tracks there are? i've listened 4 of them in streams

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I've just watched stream..

Looks like Baldur's Gate remake (even cursor is from BG and style of icon/art!).
I still remember combat in BG: either you click pause every few seconds or its just total RTS mess.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there a separate embargo for streaming/LP content and for reviews? I thought they were the same (and ended today).

Mazisky

Magister
Yep.

Reviews embargo 26th march.
Streams embargo 23th march (they can stream only the first act).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, once more youtubers get access to the game before backers do. Another company joins my list of 'never pledge to their kickstarter again'.

Embargoing reviews until release day is stupid, by the way, because it implies they have something to hide. Assassin's Creed Unity had such an embargo too. Meh.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, once more youtubers get access to the game before backers do. Another company joins my list of 'never pledge to their kickstarter again'.
Oh come on, you really stop supporting Obsidian just because of this? The game has a solid release day, sending out press copies is industry standard.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Oh come on, you really stop supporting Obsidian just because of this? The game has a solid release day, sending out press copies is industry standard.
I do not care about review copies, I do care about YT/Twitch retards LPing/streaming the game today, while I have to wait to play it 3 more days. This just feels wrong.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I do not care about review copies, I do care about YT/Twitch retards LPing/streaming the game today, while I have to wait to play it 3 more days. This just feels wrong.

Start your own youtube channel?

:troll:

Athelas

Arcane
Supporting a kickstarter with your own money and simultaneously lamenting it for making sound business decisions is fairly contradictory behavior.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron

Kinda glad they went the streamer/youtuber route (and quite heavily at that it seems, geeesh it's everywhere today!). Really helps people tune in to people who play games like they do (or close to it) and see how the game handles, before committing themselves.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Kinda glad they went the streamer/youtuber route (and quite heavily at that it seems, geeesh it's everywhere today!). Really helps people tune in to people who play games like they do (or close to it) and see how the game handles, before committing themselves.

You could also just... wait to buy it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom