Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE Was Only Loved Because Of #Hype

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I didn't know that. -_-

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I think the Metacritic user score got raided by angry Gamergate neckbeards after the whole poem drama. At least I remember it being around 8.9.

Not that that anybody should give half a shit about Metacritic anyways.

Nobody cares what you think.

Facts:
I saw one negative review related to the Firedorn poem..

Devils Advocate Feels:
On top of that - are we just gonna hand wave away the potential positive reviews this medicore game probably got because they caved to tranny demands.
I bet people who didn't even buy the game ran to upvote the crap out of it for being inclusive.
Agree that metacritic is shit. Wasn't the point I was making at all with this thread.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Nobody cares what you think.

Clearly you do.

Facts:
I saw one negative review related to the Firedorn poem..

I saw 3. Add the fact that biggest concentration of 0 point reviews occured on April 4 when the story broke out, and it doesn't take Einstein to figure out what happened.

On top of that - are we just gonna hand wave away the potential positive reviews this medicore game probably got because they caved to tranny demands.

Yeah, we will, because such thing never happens. Professionally outraged trannies don't praise things. When they win, they just move onto the next thing they are outraged about.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
There's a huge practical difference between 100% pickpocket and 250% pickpocket in BG2

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I honesty hated the beta I found the combat terrible and the lack of precombat buffs was annoying as well as the muscle wizard retardness but after I got over it it wasnt bad, the gf started playing with a rouge this weekend ( after watching a bunnyhop video of all things) and having a good mix of AI for fighter types makes the game surprisingly smooth. Maybe the fact that I liked the IE games (not worshipped them) helped me to get over the fact and if you are using metacritic 84 sounds just about right for the game; a beautifull looking homage that is neither a masterpiece nor a blasphemy on the genre
In the end I guess I have more important things than cutting my veins over the game, it is fine and I am thinking of using an old save to do the white march

ArchAngel

Arcane
So does this topic count as an official review about PoE reviews? +1 to Codex reviews about PoE?

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think is time for another review to keep the codex civil war between Obsidianites and the Codex KKK going on. Last time there was drama, stabs in the back, betrayals, people changing sides, bitchy butthurt galore, it was Shakespeare material. The codex is almost boring right now.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
With sensuki as the ultimate "et tu bruti" when his fanboi dreams of having his opinions taken as gospel turn into bitter disapointment

Lerk

Learned
Oh look. Immortal farming brofists by going for the low hanging fruit. I'm shocked.

He thinks anyone that doesn't hate this game is a fanboy. He uses that term a lot because he can't argue for shit. And he posts more about PoE than any apparent fanboy on these boards. WTF is this topic even about? Clickbait for morons, it says a whole bunch of fuck all. Metacritic. Hype. Lol. He's a Codexian cliche, a poor man's Skyway.

Like a beaten wife Immortal predictably can't help crawling back, bleeding from his ass and vagina, mewling about the evils of Sawyer. Again. Yawn.

Still. I finally get to use ignore. Certainly nothing of value will be lost. But keep farming those KKKs champ! :salute:

Telengard

Arcane
I think is time for another review to keep the codex civil war between Obsidianites and the Codex KKK going on. Last time there was drama, stabs in the back, betrayals, people changing sides, bitchy butthurt galore, it was Shakespeare material. The codex is almost boring right now.
To drama, or not to drama -- that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of POE reviews
Or to take arms against a sea of 'tards
And by opposing enrage them. To suffer --
Forever -- the cause of the troll lest we end
The heartache, and the thousand triggers
That mind is heir to.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Oh look. Immortal farming brofists by going for the low hanging fruit. I'm shocked.

He thinks anyone that doesn't hate this game is a fanboy. He uses that term a lot because he can't argue for shit. And he posts more about PoE than any apparent fanboy on these boards. WTF is this topic even about? Clickbait for morons, it says a whole bunch of fuck all. Metacritic. Hype. Lol. He's a Codexian cliche, a poor man's Skyway.

Like a beaten wife Immortal predictably can't help crawling back, bleeding from his ass and vagina, mewling about the evils of Sawyer. Again. Yawn.

Still. I finally get to use ignore. Certainly nothing of value will be lost. But keep farming those KKKs champ! :salute:

16489.jpg
Stillwater Giant Brofists this.

Sannom

Augur
I don't think he can see that.

Also, you really are everything he says you are:o!

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Also, you really are everything he says you are:o!

I didn't deny that. I just think it's funny everyone who E-hates me has a PoE portrait as their avatar.. Without any shred of irony or introspection.
At least I know that my posting is somewhere between Hyperbole at best and leaning towards outright trolling.

I made all my real talk points back when the game came out.. at this point it's just for shits and giggles until PoE 2 comes out, not sure why people take me seriously.

EDIT:
I don't think he can see that.

Ignore doesn't mean shit on this forum - it's a symbolic statement to say "oh hes a shit poster" but I know for a fact many of the people / alts who have me on ignore always click the little "Show This Users Post".
People on this forum have way too much personal investment in their online ego's to ignore anything related to themselves or the games they care about.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
People praises Pillars of Eternity, not only because of the hype but because they don't know better, let me (mis)quote Aaron Sorkin's American President:

They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

Most people wouldn't recognize good writing or good mechanics because they're too fucking dumb to recognize either.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Most people wouldn't recognize good writing or good mechanics because they're too fucking dumb to recognize either.

Correct.

Its also correct that most of the people who are too fucking dumb, actually think very highly of themselves, and spend their days cruising the internet, making posts exactly like yours.

:happytrollboy:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ironically, I think POE was so disappointing to some people because of the hype. A lot of people wanted it to be a BG2, and/or the True Icon of the Incline. As much as I enjoy the game, it is neither.

BG2 lol. Try Torment. And that's what the game should have been too.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Try Torment. And that's what the game should have been too.

I like how when Chris Avellone made his big "What should we Kickstart?" post, almost everyone (including me) told him to make something Torment-esque only with most of the combat displaced off the critical path, but Feargus didn't want that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

leino

Cipher
Ii think PoE broke me, I haven't even touched vidya since. And I tried to like it, and defended it a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom