Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Popamole is for pussies" - Relic Entertainment

SoupNazi

DefJam101 said:
There was something disturbingly familiar about the exterminatus before me. The handwriting was all pretty curves.

"You are in a computer game, Space Marine."

The truth was burning a red crack through my brain. Health regenerating when behind cover, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. Endless repetition of the act of hitting the win button, plowing through cover to cut down Ork Boyz. The paranoid feel of someone controlling my every step. I was in a computer game.

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

:thumbsup:

There was something disturbingly familiar about the exterminatus before me. The handwriting was all pretty curves.

"You are on Internet forums, Space Marine."

The truth was burning a red crack through my brain. Codexers arguing about me, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. Endless repetition of the act of flaming, plowing through threads to cut down consoletards. The paranoid feel of someone writing about my every step. I was on Internet forums.

Achilles

Arcane
DefJam101 said:

"You are in a computer game, Space Marine."

The truth was burning a red crack through my brain. Health regenerating when behind cover, glimpsed out of the corner of my eye. Endless repetition of the act of hitting the win button, plowing through cover to cut down Ork Boyz. The paranoid feel of someone controlling my every step. I was in a computer game.

Nice :D . Someone write this down, we need to do the same joke when Max Payne 3 comes out. Something like " You are in a next-gen popamole, Max." etc.

roll-a-die

Magister
OH GOD, PC GAMER WHY! I read through what amounts to 3/4 a page of text, then took a moment to look at the pictures, almost innocuously sitting there on top of the bottom right, is an action shot, of a spez mehren shooting a plasma gun at an orc, that's fairly standard for warhammer, but then I read the text. I shall quote it
Power swords, plasma guns, and other exotic weapons will join the standard Warhammer armory.
:rage:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I UNDERSTAND THAT SHIT IS FAGGY NEXT GEN ON A CONSOLE BUT IF IT IOS PC ONLY THAN IT MIGHT BE AWESOME

roll-a-die

Magister
Ed123 said:
roll-a-die said:
OH GOD, PC GAMER WHY! I read through what amounts to 3/4 a page of text, then took a moment to look at the pictures, almost innocuously sitting there on top of the bottom right, is an action shot, of a spez mehren shooting a plasma gun at an orc, that's fairly standard for warhammer, but then I read the text. I shall quote it
Power swords, plasma guns, and other exotic weapons will join the standard Warhammer armory.
:rage:

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't get what's wrong here :P
Those have ALWAYS been a feature in Warhammer, it's like someone saying, "Lightsaber's, Laser guns, and other exotic weapons have been added to the standard star wars armory."

MetalCraze

Arcane
The bigger problem is that it comes from PC Gamer of all magazines. They were still competent enough a few years ago.

Or so it seems

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Damn, it reminded me about an old issue of PC Gamer with Quake and Return Fire 2 reviews. The nostalgia... It hurts!

Multi-headed Cow

MetalCraze said:
PC Gamer competent
Nope. They weren't the absolute worst PC gaming magazine but they weren't any better than gaming webpages. Only thing PC Gamer had going for it was exclusives and easy to read format while shitting. The exclusives were mostly worthless too, but occasionally they'd have information on a game you were interested in before anyone else.

SoupNazi

Tom Francis still works for PCGamer, therefore it is pure gold.

SoupNazi

Oh, I don't actually read the mag, can't get it here in Czech republic. I read the webzine.

J1M

Arcane
40k is pretty cool, but the main character in this game doesn't even look as intimidating as a generic marine from StarCraft. :/

What's with the pastel color pallet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom