Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post screenshot(s) of your first game ever

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
First game ever:

441085-sorcery-amstrad-cpc-screenshot-in-the-chateau-with-a-ball.png

On the PC:

alleycat.gif

mondblut

Arcane
Suchy said:
On your own computer, arcade machines don't count.

What about not your own, one you got to pay to use even?

If so,
Gyruss_Animation.gif

me too!

I was like 10, we were spending a summer month in Crimea, and there was that shack with a bunch of Atari's and you could rent time to play something. Somehow the Bach's tune caught me and I opted to play this one.

Relay

Educated
vV8n4.gif

My first console game. (I had a shitty master system.. I would have killed for a NES, if only because of the nicer D-pad)

JIxAL.jpg

The game that introduced me to the PC master race.

CrimHead

Scholar
Oh God. Very hard to remember. Something for the SNES. Starfox maybe? Though I remember watching my brother play more than I do actually playing myself.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Spellcaster said:
Fowyr said:
Played these but they weren't my first.

Crooked Bee said:
The first one I remember was Civ I.

34880-sid-meier-s-civilization-amiga-screenshot-romans-build-a-world.gif

:love: :love: :love:
My first game of Civ I was dad bringing it home. Then watching as these little flashing squares came out of our first city and we moved them around. Turned out they were Militia and the city was building them but we didn't learn that for another day or so.

However, my first PC was one of these:

Microbee_logo.gif
250px-Microbee_Computer-In-A-Book.jpg

And the first game was Worms (You'd grow as you ate stuff and had to avoid hitting the walls or your own tail, that Tron game was a poor clone). Sadly I cannot into screenshots from the MicroBee.

Animeadam

Novice
547432_2.jpg
This is as far back as I can remember. BTW I played the Amiga version.

pipka

Savant
My parents never cared for censorship. This is the one I remember, except silly stuff, like tetris and pong.

586568078.jpg

But man! Was it tough with no English whatsoever.

Still bear big love for short-haired girls with huge natural tits.

EDIT: nostalgia bombed. karateka and moto racing( always was loosing the car one). those were the days.

7hm

Scholar
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
ign-presents-the-history-of-super-mario-bros-20071108044755327.gif

Played it at a friend's place when I was 3.

Me too. Right down to the age too (or therabouts, I only have vague memories of playing it at that time... based on publishing date I was probably 4 or 5).

First on my own computer:

kroz.png

also

2402-the-adventures-of-captain-comic-dos-screenshot-indoor-regions.gif

:love:

34842-sid-meier-s-pirates-amiga-screenshot-good-hunting.gif

^First game that showed me what computers could do. Coolest game ever.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DarkUnderlord said:
Crooked Bee said:
The first one I remember was Civ I.

34880-sid-meier-s-civilization-amiga-screenshot-romans-build-a-world.gif

:love: :love: :love:
My first game of Civ I was dad bringing it home. Then watching as these little flashing squares came out of our first city and we moved them around. Turned out they were Militia and the city was building them but we didn't learn that for another day or so.

:love:

I still remember I beat the game playing the Aztecs. That was probably my first gaming achievement.

Pegultagol

Erudite
246013-knightmare-dos-screenshot-title-screen-and-main-menu.png

I see it now, one's first game defines the rest of that person's taste in interactive media henceforth. That is why I could be a closet popamole consoletard. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom