Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post screenshot(s) of your first game ever

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
2563-alien-carnage-dos-screenshot-game-here-you-are.gif

aron searle

Arcane
Animeadam said:
547432_2.jpg
This is as far back as I can remember. BTW I played the Amiga version.

I fucking hated that game.

I remember coming up to a snowman blocking my path, I had in my inventory a match (or something), and mints, and various other crap.

So I tried the match or whatever it was to melt him, tried other pixel hunt stuff (which this game was full of), and then found out that breathmints melted him.

/uninstall (or rather eject the floppy and mash it up)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Scorched Earth! I remember my happiness when found v 1.5 of this game (I have 1.2 at this time)! After tinkering with savegames, I found what 1.5 have so many unfinished things like lasers and shit.
And you may change all sorts of things in the scorch.cfg. It was awesome.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
aron searle said:
So I tried the match or whatever it was to melt him, tried other pixel hunt stuff (which this game was full of), and then found out that breathmints melted him.

/uninstall (or rather eject the floppy and mash it up)
This puzzle not so atrocious, puzzle from Dare to Dream, where you used tail of dead herring as a key to door, was worse.

visions

Arcane
When I was a little kid I remember playing a bunch of (by now) ancient racing games on others' computers, the names of which I've either long forgotten or never known in the first place. I do remember these two though (who wouldn't):

duke.jpg

doom1.jpg

First games of my own (pirated on a floppy disc :smug:):

zeliard.jpg

10410takeyourbestshotwi.gif

towertoppler_02.gif

This is how I developed my immunity to graphic whore'ism :lol:

Also played stuff like Alley Cat, Commander Keen, Wolf 3D, Prince of Persia and Dangerous Dave on my mom's work computer.

ElectricOtter

pipka said:
My parents never cared for censorship. This is the one I remember, except silly stuff, like tetris and pong.

586568078.jpg

But man! Was it tough with no English whatsoever.

Still bear big love for short-haired girls with huge natural tits.

EDIT: nostalgia bombed. karateka and moto racing( always was loosing the car one). those were the days.
Holy shit, I remember that game! My (older) friend had a copy and gave it to me. That was my only fapping material from when I was 12 to when I finally figured out how to work the interwebs. Talk about nostalgia :D

visions

Arcane
Oh, I remembered another one from my early days, had it also on a pirated floppy I think:

sexonix_2.jpg

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Super Mario Bros. when I was 2. I remember the experience pretty distinctly, I ran as fast as I could straight into the first goomba and died.
World-1-1-Goomba1-580x435.jpg

First PC was at 5, it was a 486, I got all of these pretty much at the same time, plus more too, it was like 11 games as part of a bundle iirc:
Super%20Solvers%20-%20Treasure%20Mountain_2.jpg

mm2.gif

Life%20and%20Death%202%20-%20The%20Brain_6.gif

Then I got DOOM about a year later:
Doom_sm.jpg

ortucis

Prophet
My first game (which I still play in DosBox as you can see..):

2cp70xy.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I got Alley Cat, Paratrooper, Bushido and tons of other game on some compilation discs as a birthday present back in 1988 or something. Other games I remember being on those discs were 3-Demon (Pac-Man in first person CGA), Flightmare, Janitor Joe, PC-Man (a Pac-Man clone), Colossal Cave Adventure, a game involving a penguin kicking blocks around (Pengo?), Castle Adventure, Spacewar! and Digger.

ortucis

Prophet
Unkillable Cat said:
I got Alley Cat, Paratrooper, Bushido and tons of other game on some compilation discs as a birthday present back in 1988 or something. Other games I remember being on those discs were 3-Demon (Pac-Man in first person CGA), Flightmare, Janitor Joe, PC-Man (a Pac-Man clone), Colossal Cave Adventure, a game involving a penguin kicking blocks around (Pengo?), Castle Adventure, Spacewar! and Digger.

I probably had such compilation installed (dads PC at his office).

The games included (which I discovered after I played Paratrooper) included gems like Pac Man (hated), Dangerous Dave (fucking jet packs), Bio Menace (shareware.. but replayed this 20 times at least :P ), Battle Chess, Zool and Wolf 3D (which made me puke.. but my first FPS anyway).

BTW, 3D Realms released lots of their DOS games for free (and patched) if anyone feels like playing. Includes Bio Menace. :D

EDIT: Forgot Prince of Persia 1 & 2. First I played and hated.. could never defeat the guards in first stage itself. Second I discivered while fucking around with DOS and loved the intro and graphics (but again, couldn't make the jump on ship most of the time and that PISSED ME OFF).

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
monsters.jpg

Can't find a proper sized image of it, but that'll have to do. It was either that, Barbarian II or a game called podd (which it now turns out was a total afront to the senses.)

7hm

Scholar
ortucis said:
My first game (which I still play in DosBox as you can see..):

2cp70xy.jpg

This game was (is?) AWESOME.

Also Donald Duck Playground. I downloaded it so that I can get my kid to start playing it just like I did when I was around his age (I was a couple years older so we'll find out if he's smarter than his old man). I didn't mind the graphics, neither will he - right? :)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure my first PC game was
screenshot979-2.gif

Either that or Oregan Trail.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Cant remember though this comes to mind
Time_to_Die.png

http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=17043&d=42
and
Winter_Games.png

(and summer)

but even they may have been after we discovered parents pong machine out of the attic or .... apparently years of video games has scrambled my fragile little mind. Who knew?

Oh yeah. There was another text based one where you start off as an archaeologist or some type of explorer and while exploring a tomb a trap is laid for you by unseen killers.
There is no way to escape death.
However it depends on how you die.
You must preserve findings/evidence found in damp towel or small stone box (very foggy on this) then pointing to box waiting for fire to take you (otherwise "No I dont want to look in that box its scary"; "Well it is pointing at it I guess I should").
After you die you start anew some time later as the son looking for dad.

Ridiculous, I know, but kids game is for kids so :M it was good for what it was ... could not make it too much past intro

Johannes

Arcane
Capt_Comic.jpg

Not 100% sure of it, but it was one of the very first at least. Came already installed with the used 386 PC we bought, along with a few other games.

ironyuri

153_5.gif

On the Commodore 64 however (pre-PC):

Bionic_Commando_arcade_flyer.png

Golden_Axe_-_1989_-_Sega.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom