Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prelude to Darkness is a pretty damn awesome RPG

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Zariusz
I circumvented your problem.
Need some testing first.
If you don't want to wait, just backup your newspells.txt
Open it and change everywhere
NEEDGODDESS: 1 to NEEDGODDESS: 0 (could be done in most text editors as batch command)
delete newspells.bin and run the game
I'm working with source code now, kony , thanks again. Even not compiled, it's really useful and elucidating for me.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Zariusz
Need some testing first.
NEEDGODDESS: 1 to NEEDGODDESS: 0 (could be done in most text editors as batch command)
I'm working with source code now, kony , thanks again. Even not compiled, it's really useful and elucidating for me.
Well i did just that and while i can use Goddess spells in combat now, i still cant use them out of combat.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Zariusz
Need some testing first.
Well i did just that and while i can use Goddess spells in combat now, i still cant use them out of combat.
Hm, but I can. Mother's Kiss works well outside combat, for example. Should check some more. Have you made your cleric active clicking on her portrait?

Zariusz

Arbiter
Zariusz
Need some testing first.
Hm, but I can. Mother's Kiss works well outside combat, for example. Should check some more. Have you made your cleric active clicking on her portrait?
Yes but it says either " No spells valid for target " or something about no valid spells in range, even if party member is wounded.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Also any chances for some new patches in the near future?
It depends on the found bugs. Your bug is very strange. It looks like story-dependent ("Goddess is weak" flag set to 1), but I could not remember losing access to spells. Also spells.cpp indeed checks
GoddessAngered, but GoddessAngered is set to 0. Very strange.
if(Spells[Num].Levels[Level].NeedGoddess && GoddessAngered->Value)
{
return FALSE;
}

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Also any chances for some new patches in the near future?
It depends on the found bugs. Your bug is very strange. It looks like story-dependent ("Goddess is weak" flag set to 1), but I could not remember losing access to spells. Also spells.cpp indeed checks
GoddessAngered, but GoddessAngered is set to 0. Very strange.
if(Spells[Num].Levels[Level].NeedGoddess && GoddessAngered->Value)
{
return FALSE;
}
Well besides that spell bug i have also found that if you use trainer to upgrade your skill to or beyond thresholds, you are not going to get attribute bonuses so you have to cross them by leveling with EXP. But i can live with this since i can controll this somewhat, also i wonder if devs planned at one point to implement hunger systems in game.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Since i completed the game yesterday,( well in practice today at 3am) i uploaded most, if not all tracks from the game, not counting pure ambience.
Im not sure if that intro music was used in game, it was in files but during intro i can only hear wilderness music. Well maybe its just menu music covering that track, during my playthrough i have encountered many music bugs like that.

Maybe i will even make some small review later, though i might be just too lazy for that.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Since i completed the game yesterday
Congratulations. So, how it was? Personally, I think PtD was a swan song of Fallout-like school games and easily could be compared with the best of them.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo is there an actually playable version out there or is it still 1.8 ? The game is unplayble at the version i had tried playing.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sooo is there an actually playable version out there or is it still 1.8 ? The game is unplayble at the version i had tried playing.
The fuckers didn't actually fix the inventory memory corruption bug and for the next few months I'm busy and actually going out so...

Zariusz

Arbiter
The fuckers didn't actually fix the inventory memory corruption bug and for the next few months I'm busy and actually going out so...
That thing where you clicked on certain items in shop and error window appeared? I remember that you could click ignore and play normaly but there was chance that compass would disappear. Even then you could still play and save normally. After restarting the game and reloading the save everything would work again without any visible problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom