Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Prepare to Die: Dark Souls PC Officially Announced

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't give a shit about threads like this. But you crossed the line when you called Skyway a moron and a troll. You must think this is now slowly becoming the Bioware Social Network.
ITT someone whiteknights Skyway.

While you flip flop and change sides at a whim like a true Italian...you stand for everything yet you stand for nothing. :salute:

Kz3r0

Arcane
This is not a place to celebrate how great console games are. It is a place to bitch about the decline of PC gaming. Once we have a few good PC games again, I will be cool. But right now you seem to completely miss the meaning of decline.:retarded:
what the...i never thought that someone can be so retarded

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
:lol: Holy shit.
Crooked Bee is a prime example of what the modern console decline does to people. She's filled with popamole and plays only the dumbest RPGs, such as
Codex LPs: Wizardry 4; Wizardry 1; Space 1889; Dark Heart of Uukrul

Keep on declining, console popamole banal shit boring tard!
:salute:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Ok, you can write articles. That changes everything of course. Thou shallst call me PCTard and be free of retribution now.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't give a shit about threads like this. But you crossed the line when you called Skyway a moron and a troll. You must think this is now slowly becoming the Bioware Social Network.
ITT someone whiteknights Skyway.

While you flip flop and change sides at a whim like a true Italian...you stand for everything yet you stand for nothing. :salute:
Evidence please, racist.

Racist? Moi? Evidence is clear in GD. You side with the Reds against the Nazis and capitalists one moment, then are all for exploitation in the next. You are a defender of the right of free speech yet whenever something is against what you suddenly are in fashion of, you suddenly throw out strawmen like the well worn 'racist' line. I wonder when you'll become a Jew and use 'anti-semite'! A true latte slurping poseur...

Burning Bridges

be free of retribution

:lol: "Burning Bridges: A PCTard's Retribution"

todd-howard-bethesda-softworks.jpg

Kz3r0

Arcane
Racist? Moi?
When you use someone nationality as an insult you are, also, in an old thread in GG you ranted against Romanians quite a bit.
Evidence is clear in GD. You side with the Reds against the Nazis and capitalists one moment, then are all for exploitation in the next. You are a defender of the right of free speech yet whenever something is against what you suddenly are in fashion of, you suddenly throw out strawmen like the well worn 'racist' line. I wonder when you'll become a Jew and use 'anti-semite'! A true latte slurping poseur...
Bullshit, my attitude has always been fight club style, you can say what you want and I will do the same, and throwing out srawmen is not infringing on free speech, besides I never did that, you just put a foot in your mouth and now try to weasel out with some generic statement devoid of any factual truth.
The best evidence is accusing me to be in favor of exploitation, proof, thanks.

Grimlorn

Arcane
It's funny that the PCtards not interested in playing this game are spending so many pages posting to shit on a game they're supposedly not interested in. Yeah you're sure "trolling" the DS fans. I bet the lulz you get from thinking you're causing people to rage is worth it. Ignorance is bliss.

pipka

Savant
Assessment 1: " There are two types of console-to-pc ports:​
a) the shitty ones,​

b) the ones that don't exist. "​

Assessment 2 : " If you port a game from a platform that has no games, you get no game. "​

Burning Bridges

But Kotor was different and, despite the dumbing down, still a 10x more diversified game.

Yet I can see how this is getting annoying, getting criticized by people who never owned a game console. So I will try to hand a small olive branch to our friends.

As I said, I have watched a few videos. Is it OK to say this is Diablo 3D with a console user interface, as is my impression? Or if not, couldn't you just show us more videos that demonstrate Dark Souls is NOT just Diablo 3D? Is this just running, fighting and pulling switches, or is there anything else? I didn't find anything.

Great thread everyone. I didn't read much of your meltdowns words

I will play this game one day when I am feeling particularly generous

That is all

But Kotor was different and, despite the dumbing down, still a 10x more diversified game.
how the fuck was kotor diversified game? force jump if you are guardian force storm/wave if you are consular. it was one of the easiest crpg i ever played. your only choice was wheather you play as an asshole or a fucking scout. beat someones ass for couple credits, you gain dark side points ffs:M i didnt play it seven times....only three:D

Is this just running, fighting and pulling switches, or is there anything else? I didn't find anything.

isnt toee just runnig into new rooms full of bugbears? what else do you want? the hole lore and main quest you got from npc and items descriptions not from cutscenes, there is not much exposition. a lot of things you must find on your own and its difficult to show that in jewtube lps... like fucking atmosphere of being fucking undead but still being afraid of death. did you notice that some of the players have some sort of eggs/parasite on their heads? probably not. or how your equipment weight affects your playstyle? c&c is kind of hidden and i couldnt just show you one fucking video to explain for example shit that can happen with solitaire. or how covenants work in pvp and pve.

if you play ds like diablo in 3d just to grind for new items, you play it wrong.

St. Toxic

Arcane
if you play ds like diablo in 3d just to grind for new items, you play it wrong.

Or you're just in it for the multiplayer.

Truth be told, it isn't that you can't grind, some places even seem designed with grinding in mind, but at no point do you actually need to do it. You also don't need to allocate stat-points, level up, summon phantoms or use any bonfires, which in my personal experience is a fun way to play the game. It's also much more action oriented than Diablo; a skilled player can do more at lvl 1 than an unskilled one can do at lvl 100.

Still, the variety of builds is what really makes the game last and shine. There are a number of overpowered moves that cowards equip themselves with, but you'll probably come across a good number of people who opt for the more difficult approach simply because it's more fun. Your first character will likely enough end up as junk, as you scramble to try a bit of everything or over-invest in some less necessary stats, but even after one playthrough you should get a pretty good general image of what can be constructed. Pyromancy is any man's game, but apparently there's a distinction between going for the actual offensive spells and the combat-assisting buffs. Sorcery v.s Miracles. Light v.s Medium v.s Heavy armor. Big shields v.s Parry v.s Dual Wielding. + All the various weapon classes -- it's like that scene from the Matrix when Neo asks for a shitload of guns. The worst part is that any choice can be viable if it fits your play-style, but naturally the level system creates different tiers to dominate. If you're like me, you'll end up with quite a collection of different characters with different strengths and weaknesses and a constantly renewing desire to try another, different approach. Hmm, I haven't really touched on heavy weapons yet...

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
VG247 sheds more light on the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition after talking to From Software producer, Hidetaka Miyazaki, at the recent Namco Bandai Global Gamer’s Day in Las Vegas. Many will be disappointed in the details - it seems this will be a straight port with little effort to take advantage of the PC platform:
First up, support for a keyboard and mouse will be included but minimal, with Miyazaki recommending use of a game pad and confirming that the menu and inventory screens will remain unaltered. Graphic options will be similarly sparse, which Miyazaki attributes to Namco Bandai requesting that the game be a “straight port”; this may even rule out optimisation in areas such as Blighttown and New Londo Ruins where the developer’s technical achievements on console were not able to quite match that of their artistic vision, resulting in frame-rate issues.
Sadly, a PC port also brings with it the inevitable rise in the threat of piracy. With seemingly little being done to deliver a PC version that takes full advantage of the host platform’s strengths, the threat of piracy will not be combated by enticing potential pirates to pay to receive added value extras and so Namco Bandai will have to instead rely on DRM measures

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough said....​

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
BB and commie are firmly on the "mothers must have mated with a vegetable" list. Always known of course, but handy to have final confirmation.

"He also said Chess was a shitty turn based game."

Doom's a real piece of shit as well apparently.

Burning Bridges

@klitoris or whatever is your name. I am too well mannered to say anything bad about your mother or sister.

But don't you feel a little bit sorry for your brother who ended up in the wastebin, while his placenta was raised up?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom