Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Prepare to Die: Dark Souls PC Officially Announced

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Trolling's all fun and games but you're reaching skyway levels of retardation here commie.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Besides, they are so precious and defensive...like Biodrones.

This is how Skyway must feel. Pretty sure he thinks his "critical" posts make "fanboys" "butthurt" and "defensive", when in fact his posts are just retarded.

Also, what kind of reply do you expect? There can only be two ways of responding to a trolling and/or moronic post: you can either ignore it, which produces the "hah! success! nobody can respond to what I said!" reaction in the poster, or point out that said post is full of shit, which leads to the "lol defensive fanboi" reaction. That's why you can't argue with someone like Skyway; whatever people say in response to a moron, only makes his position stronger in his view. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, and all that.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Besides, they are so precious and defensive...like Biodrones.

This is how Skyway must feel. Pretty sure he thinks his "critical" posts make "fanboys" "butthurt" and "defensive", when in fact his posts are just retarded.

Also, what kind of reply do you expect? There can only be two ways of responding to a trolling and/or moronic post: you can either ignore it, which produces the "hah! success! nobody can respond to what I said!" reaction in the poster, or point out that said post is full of shit, which leads to the "lol defensive fanboi" reaction. That's why you can't argue with someone like Skyway; whatever people say in response to a moron, only makes his position stronger in his view. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, and all that.

Hey, it's the fanbois that claim that DS is so much better than anything else, everything else suxxors etc. By all means, like your game, I like what is considered 'crap' as well. The difference is I don't force my beliefs down people's throats like DS fanatics(same as Bio/Beth scum). I troll just because they are so excessive. In reality, I'll give it a fair go but from the videos I don't hold out much hope.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You should've said "same as Witcher scum".

Also, force beliefs down people's throat? Just because they claim DS is the best action RPG/dungeon crawler to come out in many years? (It is, by the way.) I don't see you complaining about Witcher winning GOTY on the Codex (lol) and Witcher fanboys being everywhere around here and vocal as fuck, or all the Wasteland 2 hype; now that's a textbook example of forcing stuff down people's throats. The Dark Souls discussion has mostly been confined to a few threads, by the way, and even then butthurt PCtards were complaining.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Can't this thread fucking die?

Some guys here seem to be on a mission to promote Dark Cocks on the prestigious magazine. Hey, because of you I even went to youtube and watched videos of the game! They show a hero in ugly apparel, constantly running, doing the same things for the 250th time in succession. It's usually a complete douchebag who's playing the video. There is this ugly interface which should be completely redone for the PC. And the game is repetitious as hell. This is worse than Diablo in 3D. If that's your thing, you will be happy with this. In my case, never gonna happen.

Also: SKyway is cool. HE will never ever suck the big console aRPG cock.

Hey, it's the fanbois that claim that DS is so much better than anything else, everything else suxxors etc. By all means, like your game, I like what is considered 'crap' as well. The difference is I don't force my beliefs down people's throats like DS fanatics(same as Bio/Beth scum). I troll just because they are so excessive. In reality, I'll give it a fair go and probably will like it.

no one said its the best game ever. its just much better game than twicher 2 or anything piranhna bytes createdM: there are like 3 threads about ds on hole fucking codex you moron no one force anything down your gay throat, and stop explaining your mental retardation by saying its just a trolling:roll:

retard wrote:
They show a hero in ugly apparel
ffs ds art atyle sucks? i dont even...:retarded:

Burning Bridges

A massive wave of butthurt erupts in the center of Poland, can still be recorded as far as Katowice and Kostrzyn, on german border.

Burning Bridges

Are you retarded? It is definitely undesired that WL2 gets support from die hard console fans.

Crooked Bee

Patron
So I'm a "die hard console fan" now? :lol:

Oh noes somebody enjoys more things than my narrow mind can comprehend! Insane!

Crooked Bee

Patron
:lol: Good gosh, are you that stupid or just trolling?

How about I enjoy good PC games and good console games equally? I know this boggles your mind.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Can't this thread fucking die?

Some guys here seem to be on a mission to promote Dark Cocks on the prestigious magazine. Hey, because of you I even went to youtube and watched videos of the game! They show a hero in ugly apparel, constantly running, doing the same things for the 250th time in succession. It's usually a complete douchebag who's playing the video. There is this ugly interface which should be completely redone for the PC. And the game is repetitious as hell. This is worse than Diablo in 3D. If that's your thing, you will be happy with this. In my case, never gonna happen.

Also: SKyway is cool. HE will never ever suck the big console aRPG cock.

Yeah those are the videos where you clearly see the exact same method of combat being used against the same three enemies hour after hour. I kept fast forwarding through all the parts but it was deja vu, the same actions against the same one shot skeletons in the same looking location 4-6-10 hours into the game. Yet every DS tard I point this out to just says 'hey man ,don't knock it till you try it', without any attempt at all to try to actually acknowledge or even refute the visual evidence.

A massive wave of butthurt erupts in the center of Poland, can still be recorded as far as Katowice and Kostrzyn, on german border.

I feel ashamed for being a fellow countryman to such people. Even Konjad is better. Probably a POPiS supporter.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
commie

With all due respect, while the conoltardation meme can be funny, I think it strictly refers to the games that are streamlined dumbed-down to appeal to the lowest common denominator of the audience there. By no means it signifies that ALL console games are crap. And let's be honest - TW2 bears heavy marks of conolized game there are, in many ways undermining its own genre - RPG - at least if we follow your line of logic.

And your criticism of combat in Dark Souls - that it is repetetive? Man, look at the combat in TW2 - now that's the definition of repetetive: roll, roll - slash - roll, roll - Quen - roll - slash - rince and repeat. From the vids I've seen the combat appears to be more varied than that, and devoid of stupid arse "panic buttons" that are pure fucking :decline:.

I think it might just be worth to try Dark Souls out - it does look promising. I hope the quality of the port will be on a good level.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
commie

With all due respect, while the conoltardation meme can be funny, I think it strictly refers to the games that are streamlined dumbed-down to appeal to the lowest common denominator of the audience there. By no means it signifies that ALL console games are crap. And let's be honest - TW2 bears heavy marks of conolized game there are, in many ways undermining its own genre - RPG - at least if we follow your line of logic.

And your criticism of combat in Dark Souls - that it is repetetive? Man, look at the combat in TW2 - now that's the definition of repetetive: roll, roll - slash - roll, roll - Quen - roll - slash - rince and repeat. From the vids I've seen the combat appears to be more varied than that, and devoid of stupid arse "panic buttons" that are pure fucking :decline:.

I think it might just be worth to try Dark Souls out - it does look promising. I hope the quality of the port will be on a good level.

Just because I criticize DS combat doesn't imply that I don't think that TW's combat is any better. Probably is worse at the moment. Maybe the EE version fixes it a bit, I don't know, but at the moment it's still too tempting to just go with the 'instawin' option. Just nerfing fucking Quen would make the combat better by 50%! Still, TW2 has more to offer a c&c storyfag like myself, feeds my inner graphic whore, has variety of locations, a bit of exploration, a world that is fucking alive rather than just a dungeon corridor with the odd static NPC who has nothing better to do than wait in some skeleton infested area on the off chance that some hero walks by.

I judge games on the overall experience and barring combat, DS doesn't seem to offer much, and even the combat doesn't seem all that great from what I've seen, especially compared to games like Severance Blade of Darkness. But then the average DS player probably gave up on that as being too hard...

Still, like you, I'll reserve final judgement when the time comes. Despite my scepticism I would like it to be an ok game, and that's about as high in my estimation it could get(as it fails on so many other levels as I mentioned before). Combat for combat's sake just isn't appealing enough on its own.

Oh and of course, not all console games are crap. DS though seems to sit in the mediocre category though, a combat game with some RPG things tacked on.

ITT commie birches about a game he never will pay for.

It is the right of every free thinking citizen to criticize anything he or she wants! :obviously: Or are you some kind of commienazi trying to deprive us of our freedoms?

Anyway I've wasted enough time on this fucking thread that should be in GG anyway when there's REAL news about REAL RPG's to comment on and DICKSCUSS!!! Ciao consoletarden!

Black

Arcane
There is just nothing to be criticised by someone who hasent even played the game, and has no idea what is he talking about.
Just random bulshiting, i wonder why people bother replying to such posts.
Yes, of course, it also was random bulshiting when people here destroyed turds such as fo3, da2 or me3. I mean, they haven't even beaten those games 7 times!
Ds fags are really amusing, you've finally found a console game in which dying isn't an achievement but something *gasp* normal and you think you've found your holy grail.
Fuck, in this neighbourhood even throwing some deserved shit at Fallout doesn't cause so much butthurt.

Xi

Arcane
Whether Codexians play this game or not, some of us felt the need to inform our fellow BROs that this game is quite good. That is all. Feel free to skip a good game. However, I will repeat ad infinitum: If you don't like Action combat that requires blocking, timing, rolling, running, limited healing, high difficulty, etc than this game is not for you.

Now, without further ado, let the trolling continue...

Kz3r0

Arcane
ITT commie birches about a game he never will pay for.

It is the right of every free thinking citizen to criticize anything he or she wants! :obviously: Or are you some kind of commienazi trying to deprive us of our freedoms?
Fascists usually call me a Nazi-Communist, I am that cool.:obviously:
Anyway I've wasted enough time on this fucking thread that should be in GG anyway when there's REAL news about REAL RPG's to comment on and DICKSCUSS!!! Ciao consoletarden!
And ran he did.

Burning Bridges

:lol: Good gosh, are you that stupid or just trolling?

How about I enjoy good PC games and good console games equally? I know this boggles your mind.

I am that stupid. What you said can only mean you do not mind when "good features" of consoles games infiltrate into PC games.

You are a child of the decline. People like you are the reason why PC games are so dead that people now need to give money in advance to get two or three real PC games in the next years.

Like console games? Whatever rocks your boat. But if I were to enjoy linear, repetitive action games, I would not get into flamewars with people on rpgcodex how great they are. I would not insult their intelligence and call them morons for not trying them, even when everyone can watch the videos that show the same repetitive gameplay as ever, only with better looking textures.

This is not a place to celebrate how great console games are. It is a place to bitch about the decline of PC gaming. Once we have a few good PC games again, I will be cool. But right now you seem to completely miss the meaning of decline.

I don't give a shit about threads like this. But you crossed the line when you called Skyway a moron and a troll. You must think this is now slowly becoming the Bioware Social Network.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I don't give a shit about threads like this. But you crossed the line when you called Skyway a moron and a troll. You must think this is now slowly becoming the Bioware Social Network.
ITT someone whiteknights Skyway.

Burning Bridges

:lol: he hates almost all my games. But at least he's not defending any one that I don't like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom