Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

SerratedBiz

Arcane
If anything, I'd only wish the game wasn't fully voiced. It just seems to add so much to production time and so little to the actual game... I miss the days when characters had their own voices in my head. Then they got shattered by the sub-par actors giving them "life".

Good luck on your noble endeavor. I'm looking forward to this game too.

Quilty

Magister
I think going freeware is a good idea. You'll generate a community of players who'll probably purchase your next game. However, past experience seems to show you shouldn't take too long between your freeware and the first purchasable game because otherwise people move on and forget. The "Ben There, Dan That" devs did it right, I think. Oh, and definitely contact sites like Rock Paper Shotgun, they'll give you more spotlight.

EDIT: I noticed the games is low rez only after you mentioned it. I guess it's just so natural-looking to us ancient farts who grew up on old adventure games. Also, I completely forgot you were voicing this game. Not sure if that's a good idea, depends on the actors, I suppose. If you can, post some recordings here so we can give you feedback. Games like that recent German one with the tiny wizard received a lot of flak for poor voice-acting, so be careful there.

You should use this catchy slogan i came up with:

"Preordia Primordia !"

Should give you an 20% increase in preorder donations.

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Saaaadwiiiick!

I think whether an adventure needs voice or not depends on the game. There are some I've played recently without any voice that really felt empty without it. Other adventures without VA seem like any voices would ruin them.
I think it depends on whether you first played the game with or without voice too. When I take a stroll down memory lane and play the classics, and play voiced versions of them I've never tried- and it's just wierd- and a total nostalgia killer.
I have complete faith in the Voice Talent I've signed on for Primordia, and the decision to use it. Many of the robots communicate through noises and beeps too, and some NPC's use synthesized robot voices to save time. It works quite well.

Yes! Preordia Primordia!

Ah, I don't really expect too many pre-order donations before I sort out the cover art, posters, and get the boxes printed up. And release a trailer. I have managed to secure a distibution agreement with my local game store, they agreed to stock 2-3 copies. Although I think I saw the managers eyes flit to the bargain bin when we finalized the deal.

Quilty

Magister
I keep recommending this to people I know who are interested in adventure games. Hopefully it's still alive, those screenshots cause some serious jizz in my pants moments whenever I look at them.

riptide

Scholar
The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. Are there any other screen shots beside the ones in this thread?

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Hey dudes,

I've been doing some minor side projects alongside Primordia to keep things fresh, doing portraits and UI work for Calin Leafshade's latest McCarthy game for one;

http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=42709.0

Primordia is on the home stretch now though, especially since I'm 'delegating' a lot of the finicky programming stuff to my code lackey Dualnames.

Here's a test screenshot for some of the underbelly of Metropol, and some concept art for one of it's inhabitants. Hell, I got so much stuff to showcase- really gotta get the damn website updated. I'm the shittiest webmaster ever, I swear.

Oh yeah, if anyone is interested I created a small game for the monthly AGS competition- although it's more an atmospheric experiment than a game really, and a lesson that without writer/game designer Mark Y. I'm pretty boned.

Cover Art

Download Link

http://shutupload.com/dl/533d6bf35930/

Quilty

Magister
Good to know it's alive! I'll definitely grab the game you finished and try it out.

kaizoku

Arcane
Holy shit, I just received a newsletter from Wadjet Eye about Primordia, it's getting released in Q4 this year. MAJOR SALUTE

Check the trailer: http://www.primordiagame.com/
R8vnM.jpg

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Looks very promising.

Victor Pflug will it be on GOG? Will there be a demo?

(damn it... this reminds that I have to finish Resonance)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Pants now soaked in cum. Will purchases ASAP when availabe.

Please please please keep making games Wadjet Eye. You are our only hope. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
We appreciate the enthusiasm, though, technically speaking, Wadjet Eye isn't making the game, it's just publishing it. (Though WEG's voice talents and quality assurance are going a long way to making Primordia all that it can be!)

Hopefully the game will live up to (even exceed!) your expectations, though the venerable tradition of the Codex is to love the past, hope for the future, and hate the present, so we may have to wait a good decade till you guys can enjoy Primordia.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://truepcgaming.com/2012/10/23/primordia-preview/

Wadjet Eye’s upcoming point-and-click adventure game, Primordia, follows the adventures of Horatio Nullbuilt version 5, a monk-like robo-hermit living in the desert wastes. It’s a harsh life, but he resists the temptation of moving to Metropol, a city of glass and light where power flows freely to all it’s inhabitants. That last part is important because the world of Primordia is populated entirely by robots so having access to power is, naturally, very big deal. That said, when a large, lumbering, not-very-loquacious robot breaks into Horatio’s home and steals his power-core, recovering it becomes priority number one.

New review here.

:bounce:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I would assume so. They seem to work well with WadjetEye. Unlike STEAM. :roll:

How's this? I've not kept up with a lot of adventure news lately but sounds like something I should know.

When Gemini Rue was coming out, many people on the WadjetEye forums asked if this could be on STEAM, so they did approach them and try to get it on there. But STEAM came back and basically said the game was too low of a quality game (the resolution) so they said NO. Then it was part of an indie bundle, so then it finally did get put on there.

This however was a long time ago, but I'll assume STEAM are still retards and won't let them put it on there until it is part of an indie bundle again (I have not actually checked the WadjetEye forums). GOG of course had no problems adding this to their store. So I'll continue to support WadjetEye games on GOG (pre-sales). Seriously, If I hear any New WadjetEye game is now on pre-sale at GOG I don't even read the description. I just click pre-order immediately (like with Resonance).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom