Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Haven - dystopian tactical RPG where you lead mercenary company striving for survival

jf8350143

Liturgist
Gameplaywise it looks pretty decent, at least for the trailer. But the voice acting is pretty bad, hopefully they don't have too much of it in the game.

Also why the heck would you show NPC talking without including their voices? it's just weird.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Can anyone make a game where the characters aren't a bunch of diverse-yet-uniform purple-wearing homo clowns? I'd pay up to $500 for games where everyone wasn't so fuuuucken laaaaaaame

In what year you live, jaekl? Culture war is lost. "Homo clowns" are normal people now. You are conterculture weirdo.

Only in games, woke movies and shows are not doing well. Unfortunately gaymers are much less interested in fighting back.

In moments of optimism, I think like you, but in moments of pessimism, I see before me the landscape of my old age, where the nurse taking out my catheter has suddenly depression attack and need to stay in the hospital safe space, when my exposed penis is bleeding on the bedsheet.

Can anyone make a game where the characters aren't a bunch of diverse-yet-uniform purple-wearing homo clowns? I'd pay up to $500 for games where everyone wasn't so fuuuucken laaaaaaame

First result for "turn-based strategy 2023"

That's 13 games with generic dudes on the very first search result. Please coordinate with Codex staff to transfer me the $7500 you owe me and I'll get you your Steam keys.
Get me a new list with good games this time and make sure they're turn based.

☑ Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
☑ King Arthur: Knight's Tale
Showgunners disqualified for "diverse homoclowns" cast
Miasma Chronicles disqualified for "diverse homoclowns", to a lesser degree though
☑ Lost Eidolons
☑ Hard West 2
Lost Eidolons is mega cringe, come on bro. Thanks for the list though.

Why? (Lost Eidolons and cringe, not list)

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I guess it's a pretty fortunate thing this ain't woke.

ArchAngel

Arcane

In what year you live, jaekl? Culture war is lost. "Homo clowns" are normal people now. You are conterculture weirdo.

Only in games, woke movies and shows are not doing well. Unfortunately gaymers are much less interested in fighting back.

In moments of optimism, I think like you, but in moments of pessimism, I see before me the landscape of my old age, where the nurse taking out my catheter has suddenly depression attack and need to stay in the hospital safe space, when my exposed penis is bleeding on the bedsheet.

That's 13 games with generic dudes on the very first search result. Please coordinate with Codex staff to transfer me the $7500 you owe me and I'll get you your Steam keys.

☑ Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
Miasma Chronicles disqualified for "diverse homoclowns", to a lesser degree though
☑ Lost Eidolons
☑ Hard West 2

You have some really weird sexual fetishes..

La vie sexuelle

Learned

☑ Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
☑ Lost Eidolons
☑ Hard West 2

You have some really weird sexual fetishes..

What you mean?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Not yet. It'll likely be announced after closed beta testing, which hasn't begun.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
With 2023 release looking unlikely (or at least stupid on business sense), do we have any word from developers?
Their last development update is from August.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In early November, they said that they had a devlog planned, in response to a Steam forum post.

udm

Arcane
Patron
1700315445814.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Holy fucking shit, ANOTHER really promising game to pay attention too. I like the premise and setting and the combat looks like something I could really get in to. Possibly the Jagged Alliance 2 successor we have been waiting ages for. :salute:

In reading some of the feedback in this thread, I think it's a very good sign they decided to to not release this year. They got something good here, but it's still going to need a bit more work. Wishlisted! Also happy to see a dev presence here. We are most definitely part of your target audience.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Holy fucking shit, ANOTHER really promising game to pay attention too. I like the premise and setting and the combat looks like something I could really get in to. Possibly the Jagged Alliance 2 successor we have been waiting ages for. :salute:

In reading some of the feedback in this thread, I think it's a very good sign they decided to to not release this year. They got something good here, but it's still going to need a bit more work. Wishlisted! Also happy to see a dev presence here. We are most definitely part of your target audience.
Look at Urban Strife as well, if you haven’t seen it yet.

Edit: btw, great to see you back! What brought you in from the cold?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What brought you in from the cold?

When I left, there just was not fucking ANYTHING RPG wise that was really grabbing my attention. Boring generic fantasy shit RPG #098657896495865. But I was at least happy to see a new movement BACK to prestigious Turn-Based combat.:obviously:

Then suddenly a few games like this and a few others started to pop up. Indy wise side, thinks are looking up. AAA games still continues to spew out endless shit.

But what really brought me back was VtM: Bloodline 2. But I know it will more than likely be shit...

agris

Arcane
Patron
What brought you in from the cold?

When I left, there just was not fucking ANYTHING RPG wise that was really grabbing my attention. Boring generic fantasy shit RPG #098657896495865. But I was at least happy to see a new movement BACK to prestigious Turn-Based combat.:obviously:

Then suddenly a few games like this and a few others started to pop up. Indy wise side, thinks are looking up. AAA games still continues to spew out endless shit.

But what really brought me back was VtM: Bloodline 2. But I know it will more than likely be shit...
While I don’t remember exactly when you left, I remember how dire the 10s were. AAA shit everywhere, the promises of Larian, inXile and Obsidian wasted chasing larger audiences.

Here’s some good games you may have missed:

Underrail
Fallout 1.5: Resurrection
Star Traders: Frontiers
NeoScavenger
Kenshi (rtwp)
HighFleet (arcade combat, amazing TB strategy layer)
Battle Brothers (low magic Bavaria)
Expeditions: Conquistador
Black Guards 1 (great TB combat, TDE fantasy setting tho)
Shadowrun Dragonfall (best with prestigious AI un-nerf mod)
Titan Outpost (non-combat RPG)
Heaven’s Vault (scifi archaeology adventure / linguistics game)
Dex (side-scrolling deus ex-like)
The Long Journey Home (not RPG, good space roguelike w/ arcade elements)
The Council (also not an RPG, very interesting “dialogue as combat” mechanics in this historical fiction game)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I suppose "All enemies except IC get multiple attacks per round" is harder, therefore more prestigious? Also, any recommendations on what game difficulty to play with that?

agris

Arcane
Patron
I suppose "All enemies except IC get multiple attacks per round" is harder, therefore more prestigious? Also, any recommendations on what game difficulty to play with that?
Yep, that's right. I don't recall why I didn't modify IC, either the AI was handled separately or it broke something but the "no mages & IC" version is easier than just the "no IC".

I played DF & HK on Very Hard with it. All other difficulty modes either debuff the enemies, buff you, and/or change the enemy composition to be easier.

You will use lots and lots of consumables, have less money. It's a vastly improved experience if you like harder tactical combat, imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom