Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Haven - dystopian tactical RPG where you lead mercenary company striving for survival

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Improved Enemy Ghost
Navigating challenges on the battlefield requires insight into your opponents' positions. With the new improved enemy ghost, you'll have a clearer view of his position, stance and direction.

4c24e716a4866254eeaa50c2e2e0c7970dab9f60.png
An enemy 'ghost' shouldn't be casting a shadow! :lol:

Game's looking good, though. Can't wait for it.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
The gameplay, at least from the outside, looks nice, as does the hooker-design of the female characters, but I'm afraid that with writing like this they won't get far.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Can anyone make a game where the characters aren't a bunch of diverse-yet-uniform purple-wearing homo clowns? I'd pay up to $500 for games where everyone wasn't so fuuuucken laaaaaaame

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Can anyone make a game where the characters aren't a bunch of diverse-yet-uniform purple-wearing homo clowns? I'd pay up to $500 for games where everyone wasn't so fuuuucken laaaaaaame

In what year you live, jaekl? Culture war is lost. "Homo clowns" are normal people now. You are conterculture weirdo.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Idk, man. That's what they called it. I wasn't sure if it was old or not.

jaekl

Educated
Patron

In what year you live, jaekl? Culture war is lost. "Homo clowns" are normal people now. You are conterculture weirdo.

Well online, yes that's very true but where I live in small town Canada, I still hold the popular opinion SO THERE

Harthwain

Magister
Can anyone make a game where the characters aren't a bunch of diverse-yet-uniform purple-wearing homo clowns?
This is supposed to be a dystopian future, so I am not at all surprised to see it taking more of a punk-style direction mixed with our reality.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Can anyone make a game where the characters aren't a bunch of diverse-yet-uniform purple-wearing homo clowns?
This is supposed to be a dystopian future, so I am not at all surprised to see it taking more of a punk-style direction mixed with our reality.
Punk rockers would use these dorks as festive condoms to fuck their mistresses with

At first I thought this extended metaphor was distasteful. But now I think you're right.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Only in games, woke movies and shows are not doing well. Unfortunately gaymers are much less interested in fighting back.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

First result for "turn-based strategy 2023"

☑ TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER III: generic dudes
☑ HERO’S HOUR: generic dudes
☐ THE HEROIC LEGEND OF EAGARLNIA: anime, so doesn't meet your criteria
☑ WARHAMMER 40,000: CHAOS GATE – DAEMONHUNTERS: generic dudes
☑ SONGS OF CONQUEST: generic dudes
☑ OLD WORLD: generic dudes
☑ STONES KEEPER: generic dudes
☐ MASTER OF MAGIC: remake so it doesn't count
☑ DWARF FORTRESS: generic dwarves
☑ CHAOS GALAXY: generic dudes with like 2 women mixed in there
☑ SPELLFORCE: CONQUEST OF EO: generic dudes
☐ TERRAFORMERS: doesn't seem to even have a combat screen
☑ WARTALES: generic dudes
☐ GALACTIC CIVILIZATIONS IV: SUPERNOVA: lots of kooky aliens so whatever
☑ AGE OF WONDERS IV: generic dudes
☐ MYRIADS: RENAISSANCE: no visible troops
☐ THE PEGASUS EXPEDITION: no visible troops
☑ REVIVAL: RECOLONIZATION: generic dudes
☐ JAGGED ALLIANCE 3: cool people you hate
☑ XENONAUTS 2: generic dudes

That's 13 games with generic dudes on the very first search result. Please coordinate with Codex staff to transfer me the $7500 you owe me and I'll get you your Steam keys.

jaekl

Educated
Patron

☑ TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER III: generic dudes
☑ HERO’S HOUR: generic dudes
☐ THE HEROIC LEGEND OF EAGARLNIA: anime, so doesn't meet your criteria
☑ WARHAMMER 40,000: CHAOS GATE – DAEMONHUNTERS: generic dudes
☑ SONGS OF CONQUEST: generic dudes
☑ OLD WORLD: generic dudes
☑ STONES KEEPER: generic dudes
☐ MASTER OF MAGIC: remake so it doesn't count
☑ DWARF FORTRESS: generic dwarves
☑ CHAOS GALAXY: generic dudes with like 2 women mixed in there
☑ SPELLFORCE: CONQUEST OF EO: generic dudes
☐ TERRAFORMERS: doesn't seem to even have a combat screen
☑ WARTALES: generic dudes
☐ GALACTIC CIVILIZATIONS IV: SUPERNOVA: lots of kooky aliens so whatever
☑ AGE OF WONDERS IV: generic dudes
☐ MYRIADS: RENAISSANCE: no visible troops
☐ THE PEGASUS EXPEDITION: no visible troops
☑ REVIVAL: RECOLONIZATION: generic dudes
☐ JAGGED ALLIANCE 3: cool people you hate
☑ XENONAUTS 2: generic dudes

That's 13 games with generic dudes on the very first search result. Please coordinate with Codex staff to transfer me the $7500 you owe me and I'll get you your Steam keys.
Get me a new list with good games this time and make sure they're turn based.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

☑ Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
☑ King Arthur: Knight's Tale
Showgunners disqualified for "diverse homoclowns" cast
Miasma Chronicles disqualified for "diverse homoclowns", to a lesser degree though
☑ Lost Eidolons
☑ Hard West 2

jaekl

Educated
Patron

☑ Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
☑ King Arthur: Knight's Tale
Showgunners disqualified for "diverse homoclowns" cast
Miasma Chronicles disqualified for "diverse homoclowns", to a lesser degree though
☑ Lost Eidolons
☑ Hard West 2
Lost Eidolons is mega cringe, come on bro. Thanks for the list though.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hopefully newest demo implements the fixes for aiming and such. I heard re.var was working on these QOL improvements the last few months.

Also, still hoping for tweaks to the way Interrupts work, but that's just me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Artstyle is hideous and reminds me of that pirate indie strategy game that bombed and killed its developer
I wouldn't say it's that severe.

ss_a6b22d378d6f9c97f788fc014bb060f001e49a1e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_0dcbc268ce00366d1a61954b31b52beb1d5f7cd8.1920x1080.jpg

ss_abe162127a09cedd8ec0581a30555f874c61c99e.1920x1080.jpg

media-06.jpg

It's not cartoony, just low-budget.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom