Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
dgGvgKF.png

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I thought Xbone only had 6GB?

Even if it has eight as well, I read somewhere MS and Sony have said about 50% will be used by games. And that counts for RAM and VRAM together. So... yeah. Still a massive step up though, thank god.
Xbone has 8GB with around 3 GB being used for its multiple personaliities and 5GB for actual games. PS4 should be like 1-2GB for its OS and the rest open for actual games.

Dexter

Arcane
One of the main guys from the Dark Souls community rants about all circle-jerking and fallout from E3.

Ugh... I actually listened to that.

Guy is a tard through and through, he starts off by saying "he doesn't care about consumer rights", who doesn't care about "consumer rights"? Stupid people since everyone else knows it's coming to bite them in the ass at some point.

Then he goes to say that "we don't know the Specs yet", which we kind of very much do:
c9cdab23-8608-402f-a74b-8f61671c6fce.jpg

Albeit Microsoft might have a problem with eSRAM yields and might even have to reduce their current GPU Throughput to ~900GFlops to prevent heat and a similar failure rates to the Xbox 360 this time around: http://www.gamechup.com/microsoft-has-underclocked-xbox-one-gpu-clocks-having-esram-yield-problems/

Then he goes on to rant about a PCGamer article which introduces a *comparable* rig (which it very much is) for $600 while the price of the PlayStation 4 is ~$400 (so there's your price difference): http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/21/p...heres-only-ever-going-to-be-one-winner-right/
He goes on and on about GDDR5 RAM which you "can't buy right now" :)lol:) failing to see that aside from the 8GB systems RAM the graphics card obviously has 2GB of GDDR5 RAM for shader operations.

Psquit

Arcane

Worst orgy i ever seen. Bunch of land whales and two faggets.

Edit:
(how did you lose your virginity?)
I lost my virginity in a hotel room to an F-list celebrity, who was married, mormon, and had three little boys. Evil, right? Yes, yes, I know I'm on the fast train to an eternity of cleaning up demon shit in 444.9 degree heat. In my defense, I halted it after a few seconds. Also in my defense, I was freshly 18 and still naive, while he was 34. BONUS FACT: This is the only time I cried after sex!

:lol:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Coming soon exclusively to Xbone TV: "Furries & Elves: Episode One". Featuring Microsoft's own Major Nelson as a Pedo-Furry.

Nintendo sues.

NSFW

chloe-dykstra-0100.jpg

She looked nice enough to motivate me to search nekid pictures of her.

Yo, who is the bitch? her tits are to white for my taste.

There is no such thing as too white.

I love white titties with small pink nipples, the kind you can suckle and not feel dirty about it, just bask in the warm motherly love feeling they give you... hmm, this thread has taken a turn.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
amazon_56705.jpg

How could Microsoft even allow that? Are they retarded? What kind of business is this?
Yeah, no. Polls are not representative of sales or even market perception.

Still, PS4 wins for instance 9:1 in Amazon preorders. They even lose in Murrica, how incompetent you have to be to run yourself into the ground like Microsoft did?
Uh. Those aren't sales. They're votes. Only people with axes to grind vote in polls.

There is anecdotal evidence that XBO will only have a third of the stock PS4 has. Those manufacturing cycles are fucking over XBO much more than the console itself.

DraQ

Arcane
Guy is a tard through and through, he starts off by saying "he doesn't care about consumer rights", who doesn't care about "consumer rights"? Stupid people since everyone else knows it's coming to bite them in the ass at some point.
World would be a much better place if anyone claming they don't care about their rights was immediately dragged out in the street and shot in the head.
I don't think they would have...
:yeah:
...right to complain.

The console market is funny. Previous generation was the way it was because Sony fucked up their PS3. This generation it seems to go the other way, but still there is nothing outstanding from Sonys side, just Xbawks fucking up.

I wonder if there will be an xbawks 4 (and what it will be named lul. W-coolerbox?). The current leadership of microsoft is hellbent on continuing their focus on kinect, fullscale xbawks live milking and other short sighted policies.

Xi

Arcane
Coming soon exclusively to Xbone TV: "Furries & Elves: Episode One". Featuring Microsoft's own Major Nelson as a Pedo-Furry.

Nintendo sues.

majornelson96yl9.png

Hey, didn't know SMA got in the videogame coverage business! Good for her!

Who is this hot elven female? Also, it looks like they are having a serious "rawr" moment. They are gazing into each other's souls.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Not sure if old/posted already here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-positive-reddit-comments-2013-6

The story goes: While at Microsoft for a meeting, Misty Silver saw and overheard some employees on Reddit. She looked at one of the employee's screens:

"I noticed he was mass-downvoting a ton of posts and comments, and he kept switching to other tabs to make posts and comments of his own. I couldn't make out exactly what he was posting, but I presumed he was doing RM (reputation management) and asked my boss about it later. According to my boss, MS have[sic] just brought in a huge sweep of SMM managers to handle reputation management for the Xbox One," Silver reported.

"Reputation management" is the term social media marketers use to "pose as happy customers" on social media sites. They upvote/downvote and make comments.

Also, xbone games will retain that $60 price tag (first party at least):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/17/microsoft-reveals-the-price-of-xbox-one-games

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Uh. Those aren't sales. They're votes. Only people with axes to grind vote in polls.

There is anecdotal evidence that XBO will only have a third of the stock PS4 has. Those manufacturing cycles are fucking over XBO much more than the console itself.

Show me a poll where Xbone is being chosen over PS4.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
That's after they fuse into a single company.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom