Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/17/xbox-boss-says-500-xbox-one-is-over-delivering-on-value-name/

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick said. "We're over-delivering value against other choices, I think, consumers can get. Any modern product these days, you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think that they're going to love it when they use it."

Oh Donny boy you weasel you.

DonCry-1.jpg

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/17/xbox-boss-says-500-xbox-one-is-over-delivering-on-value-name/

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick said. "We're over-delivering value against other choices, I think, consumers can get. Any modern product these days, you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think that they're going to love it when they use it."

Oh Donny boy you weasel you.

DonCry-1.jpg

So Don Mattick has decided to make any single mistake Sony did when they announced the PS3,well I guess that's kind of admirable, in a completely retarded way of course:kingcomrade:

Oh Don

DonCry-1.jpg

Jashiin

Arcane
Who would have thought microsoft would still be able to provide this much entertainment :lol:

circ

Arcane
Fuck yeah. When I'm watching a movie or tv show or playing a game I want to suddenly be interrupted when cool shit happens because I have aspergers and the other stuff is kinda boring me.

Drakron

Arcane
Then again, I'm pretty sure Sony is doing the same.

They did last generation, every time the PS3/XBox 360 come up it always would The List posted, it kinda died out around the start of the 3rd year when it was apparently it was a lose/lose (except for Nintendo).

Right now Sony can just mud throwing because they can get away with it and people are too happy looking at that rather that the PS4 lineup.

deuxhero

Arcane
OK, I can see some stupid businessman with no idea how the game industry works thinking the DRM, sports sports sports and Kinect were good ideas, but how does ANYONE think "Xbox One" is a good name for your third console?

Surely they focus grouped that. The original Xbox got its name through focus groups.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
The focus groups probably thought the console resembled the ring of sauron and so they called it The One. This flew over M$'s collective heads, of course, and they ran with it.

Angthoron

Arcane
The focus groups probably thought the console resembled the ring of sauron and so they called it The One. This flew over M$'s collective heads, of course, and they ran with it.
Or maybe the users will be seeing the Red Ring of Death a lot.

image hosting imagevenue

OK, I can see some stupid businessman with no idea how the game industry works thinking the DRM, sports sports sports and Kinect were good ideas, but how does ANYONE think "Xbox One" is a good name for your third console?

Surely they focus grouped that. The original Xbox got its name through focus groups.

I initially assumed it was O.N.E., a cute acronym for something. "Oh No, Ew", maybe.

Most annoying is how "The first Xbox" and "Xbox 1" aren't going to mean the same thing. FFS morans

You know, either console could probably almost entirely eliminate used games and look like the good guys at the same time if they simply announced that every game would cost $50 for the digital version rather than $60. The fact that they don't understand this is sad.

Don't tell them, but they could even
use this to inch up the cost of games over time by first upping the price from $50/$60 to $50/$65 and then a few years down the road to $55/$65

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom