Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Zed Duke of Banville anything specific about your 2fa issue?
No, I've posted before that I'm hoping the Codex will settle on an alternative rather than 2FA that requires entering a code via email every time. Until then, I'll put up with it.
If I added cracklib, or ran John the ripper in single mode on all passwords you'd hate it even more.

Detecting reused passwords is more involved and requires constant maintenance so it's too unworkable.

Krice

Arcane
Developer
Thought I lost my account, but the e-mail change did work after all. It took me couple of weeks to figure out that I can ask for password change and then enable 2FA. Anyway, I think now I have to use Edge to browse this forum, because I reset the password using it since I have taken everything out from Firefox (scripts etc.). Life is not perfect.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Zed Duke of Banville anything specific about your 2fa issue?
No, I've posted before that I'm hoping the Codex will settle on an alternative rather than 2FA that requires entering a code via email every time. Until then, I'll put up with it.
If I added cracklib, or ran John the ripper in single mode on all passwords you'd hate it even more.

Detecting reused passwords is more involved and requires constant maintenance so it's too unworkable.
you can require password reset for all and then enforce 20character ones with unique signs. This way you basically force your users to use unique passwords and password manager. Then you can turn off 2fa requirement as password reuse will be unlikely

ds

Cipher
Patron
Behind the scenes picture of the Administration preventing mass deletes by requiring 2FA:
e936202dcfcc66b5.jpg

Didn't have to enter the code once yet since enabling it.

Caim

Arcane
Behind the scenes picture of the Administration preventing mass deletes by requiring 2FA:
e936202dcfcc66b5.jpg

Didn't have to enter the code once yet since enabling it.
Better than in any corporation I have worked so far.
I work for a company with an annual income in the nine digits and the last time IT sent out a fake phishing mail as a security test almost a quarter of my dumbass coworkers clicked the mail. A fair chunk of the staff don't even have a corporate email, so the actual percentage of dipshits will be even higher.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I work for a company with an annual income in the nine digits and the last time IT sent out a fake phishing mail as a security test almost a quarter of my dumbass coworkers clicked the mail. A fair chunk of the staff don't even have a corporate email, so the actual percentage of dipshits will be even higher.
it gets better: external company as part of similar exercise sends job offer link. It was visited by more people(from same company) than original recipients.

Caim

Arcane
it gets better: external company as part of similar exercise sends job offer link. It was visited by more people(from same company) than original recipients.
Maybe people saw the mail at work, then once home they sat down and gave it another look?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Maybe people saw the mail at work, then once home they sat down and gave it another look?
let me rephrase. More company owned machines loaded the link than number of emails sent. People were sharing awesome job posting with coworkers.
'Hey, we are doing security risk for you but are you also aware about workforce rotation that you might be facing?'

Caim

Arcane
ITZ happening again. A whole minute of pages not loading, at all.

You'd better see if some posts have been mass deleted again...
Had something similar with liking posts, seeing who rated what and loading of images.

Truly it is the time of ITZ.

Sodafish

Arcane
I cannot for the life of me understand why so many of you are unironically throwing tantrums over entering a 6-digit number once a month. It's the very definition of first world problems.

"But muh auto-delete session cookies!"

Then whitelist the dex FFS. This shit isn't hard, and all the whining is starting to make me question the status of this place as a site for monocled gentlemen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom