Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
so I just installed the addon 'EditThisCookie' and set the expiration for the 2fa cookie to expire in july 2024, which was the max it allowed me to do. thoughts?

MerchantKing

Learned
This 2FA policy is the smartest thing this website as ever done. 2FA is necessary to personal internet security. The more 2FA checks you have to go through, the less likely a goy is going to be able to get into your account. Even if he discovers both your passwords, you have a dozen more 2FA's he has to go through which he doesn't know the passwords to.

Vic

Savant
This 2FA policy is the smartest thing this website as ever done. 2FA is necessary to personal internet security. The more 2FA checks you have to go through, the less likely a goy is going to be able to get into your account. Even if he discovers both your passwords, you have a dozen more 2FA's he has to go through which he doesn't know the passwords to.
welcome back, how was life outside

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
In totally unrelated news was watching a clip recently from the CDC announcing how important it is to combat future epidemics by implementing "digital health", that more stringent security measures should be imposed onto websites to control internet traffic and monitor users for their own good.

By implementing 2FA does the codex support the globalist WEF agenda? The impartial among us would say: yes.

MerchantKing

Learned
It was profitable.

Vic

Savant
how about requiring to change password
It was profitable.
time to spend all that cash on shitty AAA titles

MerchantKing

Learned
how about requiring to change password
It was profitable.
time to spend all that cash on shitty AAA titles
Too expensive. I'm getting them all for free.

Ayreos

Augur
This verification bullshit is the papamole of website features. What the fuck am i going to lose if i get hacked, my capital of fistbumps and gay reactions? Who's gonna hack my fucking codex account, post pirates? I should have known this site had gone the route of bioware when the funny toddler faces and colorful cartoons were added as an alternative to the use of language and thought, and as an emotional support for posters with nothing relevant to say. There is no escape from this retardation it seems. And this is what i see writing my message already:
retardation.png

Not only i have long since given up on posting in this mess, but even reading posts gets harder and harder. Suggestion: add chatrooms and sponsored minigames to play with other posters. Plenty of screen space for those left.

Last edited:

Sibylla

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag!
2fa became trendy in first place because normies were too retarded to remember passwords and it was easier to send them a verification link everytime they logged in.

logout now and use it as an excuse to end internet browsing addiction. we can always talk through the realm of mind.

v1c70r14

Educated
logout now and use it as an excuse to end internet browsing addiction. we can always talk through the realm of mind.
As much as I enjoy being your sleep paralysis demon, sitting on your chest and drooling over your face, that's not what anyone should be using the Codex for. It's a place to take a psych dump so you don't pollute the astral plane with obsessive thoughts and brainworms. That's what the internet was supposed to be, a dumping ground, only now the series of tubes keeps getting clogged up and a jetstream of sewage pours out into the material world. Things were better when it was kept to diaries and confessionals, but neither could ever hope to be as efficient as this technology.

TripJack

Hedonist
crispy i completely agree with the actions of rpg codex in this matter furthermore i think you are a wise and learned man thanks for all you do

gaussgunner

Arcane
The next stage is to remove passwords entirely: https://fidoalliance.org/passkeys/

Google added support for this last month: https://blog.google/technology/safety-security/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-password/
Right idea done wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIDO_Alliance

First problem: it's Google.

Second problem: they're hiding that fact. The only clues are headquarters in Mountain View and Google being the first to support it. (And Apple being second which tells us Apple is just Google's gay alt.)

You can assume it invades your privacy and puts Globohomo in control. It's part of the Self-Sovereign Identity project (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-sovereign_identity) of the UN's ID2020 program which is connected with Vaccine Passports, all under the Agenda 2030 umbrella. The ID2020 mission statement says "We believe that individuals must have control over their own digital identities, including how personal data is collected, used, and shared" but if you read their technical documents, which I have, you'll see that the plan is to force people to use biometric-linked digital identities for everything in real life and online.

This could still be incline if the system allows alternative non-globohomo implementations support by browsers like Brave, except this is the web so it's going to be shit.

James_xeno

Literate
The next stage is to remove passwords entirely: https://fidoalliance.org/passkeys/

Google added support for this last month: https://blog.google/technology/safety-security/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-password/

That's actually pretty terrifying, they even spell it out. No more need for passwords or usernames, you sign in in the same way you unlock your phone etc. It will be tied to your devices and potentially require bio markers. They go into detail about how it'll be like a universal version of signing/logging in via a social media account. And it's clear what this is really about. The end of anonymity by any other name or means and locking everything into a single identity to track. There may be ways to pull it off the right way. But I sure as hell don't trust asshole or goober to do or allow it that way.

I also don't trust them to give a shit about people without smartphones. Something I have no intention on owning.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom