Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I'm using this browser extension for 2FA btw so I don't have to use a phone

https://authenticator.cc/
What if I told you that you don't need any browser extension or a phone to use the 2FA.
how? I'm also using it for other sites that requite 2FA, if it will work for them too I'd be interested, but with this extension I just copy the code with 2 clicks and I'm done, p easy.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Yeah, you don't need a phone or even a second e-mail address.
It's still shit. I blame it on Taluntain, complete retard.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Yeah, he's even worse than you, King Crispy, because he seems to be the one in power here, and his decisions are utter bullshit.
You're just a slightly unfunny clown.

biffthestiff

Educated
Just tried to log in for the first time in a long while and was asked to 2FA.

I understand requiring 2FA for a commerce app or something real like that. But rpgcodex? Really? This is a place for boomer virgins to talk about decades-old RPGs. Who gives a shit if some idiot whose password was 'sephiroth' loses his account? He can just create a new one.

Did the admin decide he should add 2FA so he could write on his resume that he did it?

Caim

Arcane
Just tried to log in for the first time in a long while and was asked to 2FA.

I understand requiring 2FA for a commerce app or something real like that. But rpgcodex? Really? This is a place for boomer virgins to talk about decades-old RPGs. Who gives a shit if some idiot whose password was 'sephiroth' loses his account? He can just create a new one.

Did the admin decide he should add 2FA so he could write on his resume that he did it?
They already explained because it's easier to implement 2FA and ignore the whining than it is to deal with the regular account theft that's going on.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Someone please remind me to redo my 2FA on the 1st of October, so I get the monthly request to enter the 2FA code on the 1st day of each month, and not in the middle of the month.

It might prevent me from being shocked and triggered every time.
Fuck! I forgot to do it AGAIN!

FUUCK!!!

cruel

Cipher
This is such an annoying feature, especially if someone is switching between few different devices (laptop, home PC, phone, work PC). Super annoying and unneeded.

Can you at least modify the re-authenticate threshold to something more reasonable, like 180 days? Or let users customize it? It's a freaking RPG forum, not a bank. If somebody was able to provide their 2FA on date X, it makes no sense to ask the same person to do it every 30 days.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Had to enter the code today. How many times have I been there already ? Five times ? Six times ? It is all moving so fast, time passing in a blur. I used to be young, now age is weighting on my shoulders. Will the day come I'll have no longer the strength to switch tabs and memorize a six digit numbers ? Will I sit confused and lonely, staring at my screen, not understanding why ? Why ? Life is but a vapor, rising and swept through the air by the virtue of a superior motion. We're all dandelions in a windy field, small seeds scattered in a foreign land.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
28902.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom