Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
18440.jpg

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Can we make the post editing timer about 8-10 minutes from the current setting of 5?

I keep feeling bad for editing silently after 6-7 minutes because normal users can't do that.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
FWIW, it's called "edit log display". If someone wants to find it later, it's admin.php?options/groups/logging/#editLogDisplay

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can we revolt and put a stop to these 2FA shenanigans?. I haven't been able to login for ages because I used to login under a vpn, then disconnect and login to my email, get the code and then reconnect to vpn and resume my anonymity here.

Then my email provider got pissed off when I tried it while still logged in via vpn and told me I was a hacker and froze me out of my account. So I've had to provide them with everything short of a sperm sample to get my email/steam access back.

I mean - if I don't use VPN, how do I know the Codex isn't putting me on the list?. I could try to say I'm into chicks with dicks, and use that as cover, but the fact is the average chick just doesn't have a big enough dick.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Can we revolt and put a stop to these 2FA shenanigans?. I haven't been able to login for ages because I used to login under a vpn, then disconnect and login to my email, get the code and then reconnect to vpn and resume my anonymity here.

Then my email provider got pissed off when I tried it while still logged in via vpn and told me I was a hacker and froze me out of my account. So I've had to provide them with everything short of a sperm sample to get my email/steam access back.

I mean - if I don't use VPN, how do I know the Codex isn't putting me on the list?. I could try to say I'm into chicks with dicks, and use that as cover, but the fact is the average chick just doesn't have a big enough dick.
Maybe if we send wrapped up shit to Taluntain or Darkunderlord

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Can we revolt and put a stop to these 2FA shenanigans?.
The problem is that we have some butthurt users here (vatniks) who like to hack accounts when they lose an argument.

And when they do things like delete other users' posts, it ruins the database and breaks the site.
Just change your Codex email to something like Protonmail, who don't seem to care what VPN you use.

What even is the point of using a VPN if you're going to use your actual email anyway?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can we revolt and put a stop to these 2FA shenanigans?.
The problem is that we have some butthurt users here (vatniks) who like to hack accounts when they lose an argument.

And when they do things like delete other users' posts, it ruins the database and breaks the site.
Just change your Codex email to something like Protonmail, who don't seem to care what VPN you use.

What even is the point of using a VPN if you're going to use your actual email anyway?

It's not my acutal email, it's the one I use for irritating stuff that send me trash all the time. Like Steam and GOG.

Why the fuck am I not receiving 2FA email codes sent to my Gmail account so I can login from my desktop? (Posting from my phone).

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Hm, it's the 1st day of the month, but I was not asked for a new code today.

Why didn't it happen when it was supposed to?? When will it happen?!?! Will it wait for me to forget, and then strike??!!

Caim

Arcane
Hm, it's the 1st day of the month, but I was not asked for a new code today.

Why didn't it happen when it was supposed to?? When will it happen?!?! Will it wait for me to forget, and then strike??!!
Maybe it remains day 0 until the first 24 hours have passed, at which point it becomes day 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom