Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It's 2nd day of the month, and it still hasn't happened! When will the 2FA strike?! WHEN??

Caim

Arcane
What if 2FA was deactivated like we asked and now we're all sitting here with our sphincters clenched, waiting for it to pop up like a jumpscare, just so that the admins can mess with us?

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Good riddance, it is said absence makes the heart grow fonder but not in this case.

In unrelated 2fa woes: the phone i had for the sole purpose of being a 2fa for online banking (not an opt in btw, this was forced by the uk government for all online transanctions) was deactivated because i hadnt made a call on it for 6 months and apparently you gotta keep topping it up and making calls even though there is credit left on it.

So now i cant use online banking at all, just in time for christmas.
And have to go blow money on a new simcard with 10£ worth of credit and remember to prank call someone every few months, all because of 2fa.

What has this got to do with anything on the site? Nothing, i just wanted to reaffirm my loathing for 2fa in general and how i resent it being forced rather then optional.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Good riddance, it is said absence makes the heart grow fonder but not in this case.

In unrelated 2fa woes: the phone i had for the sole purpose of being a 2fa for online banking (not an opt in btw, this was forced by the uk government for all online transanctions) was deactivated because i hadnt made a call on it for 6 months and apparently you gotta keep topping it up and making calls even though there is credit left on it.

So now i cant use online banking at all, just in time for christmas.
And have to go blow money on a new simcard with 10£ worth of credit and remember to prank call someone every few months, all because of 2fa.

What has this got to do with anything on the site? Nothing, i just wanted to reaffirm my loathing for 2fa in general and how i resent it being forced rather then optional.
Be a good citizen and consume, else you social credit store will tank.

EDIT: hope that is better.

Alex

Arcane
I had to enter a code just now. It took me all of a few seconds but I wanted to spend extra time to come here and bitch about it in this thread.

Why don't you spend a few more seconds and make it optional rather than mandatory? It is going to save across all users quite a few hours of needless busy work.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Then again, how much total time have people spent entering the 2FA code? And how much time have people spent complaining about the time it takes to enter the 2FA code?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Alex

Arcane
(...) And how much time have people spent complaining about the time it takes to enter the 2FA code?

Clearly not enough.
The more you complain, the more you make sure this feature will never go away
The less you complain, the more things will stay the same, though.
Sounds like you can't win

Maybe, but in that case, complaining is still preferable than being silent. I mean, if I have to be bothered by this feature every now and then, the least I can do is return the favour.

Modron

Arcane
Reminder that you haven't had a single account breach since the staff banned a range of IP addresses that the singular codexer was using that was accessing these poorly secured accounts.

Modron

Arcane
I was under the impression he gained access to codex user accounts through their email accounts which a lot of codexers are using for 2FA instead of giving the codex their phone numbers and yet no more l77t hackerman stuff going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom