Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I know what a VPN is. What you don't know is whether or not that user was using a VPN, nor whether or not we figured out how to ban him regardless.

My evidence is that "he" isn't "back" and hasn't been. What's yours?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I performed many human sacrifices to Hecate, Artemis, and Athena Pallas after that hacking incident happened, and there have been no hacks ever since. This is proof that sacrificing delivery boys to the triple goddess works, and we can never stop doing that, lest the hackers return.

Peachcurl

Cipher
What you don't know is whether or not that user was using a VPN
That doesn't really matter for the content of my post: I was initially responding to Modron's suggestion about IP bans, noting that those can be avoided. I later specified that they can be avoided, for instance, by using a VPN.

, nor whether or not we figured out how to ban him regardless.

My evidence is that "he" isn't "back" and hasn't been. What's yours?
You have shown no evidence that he isn't back. And why would I provide evidence for a claim I didn't make?

quaesta

Educated
Please stop making me verify my computer with 2 factor authentication, it's annoying to go back to my burner email just to come back here.
At least make it so I can set an IP to be permanently enabled. I don't need to verify that my static IP is in fact me. But for new IPs you can go ahead and double check if it's actually me with 2FA. This enables security by preventing hackers getting into your account and keeps it convenient for the rest of us.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Please stop making me verify my computer with 2 factor authentication, it's annoying to go back to my burner email just to come back here.
At least make it so I can set an IP to be permanently enabled. I don't need to verify that my static IP is in fact me. But for new IPs you can go ahead and double check if it's actually me with 2FA. This enables security by preventing hackers getting into your account and keeps it convenient for the rest of us.

5.jpg

Sounds like work.

Semiurge

Cipher
That's strange, I wasn't asked to authenticate. I'm sure I cleared cookies from my mobile browser. The remember me function is based on expiring cookies.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
2FA is like the vaxx for the Codex - necessary and with no side effects. The booster every 30 days literally keeps this site alive.

You don't want to kill grandma Crispy, do you?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I know what a VPN is.
I don't think you do. You had spent a very long time being confused by my location when I had my VPN set to "Bahama islands", and genuinely thought that I was posting from there until I pointed out that VPNs exist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom