Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Quasimorph - dark turn-based extraction RPG - now available on Early Access

Takamori

Learned
hunger system
the hunger system makes 0 world or gameplay sense in Quasimorph and it would be no loss to remove it completely
Lorewise the devs said the clones have giga metabolism. Thats how they heal bullet wounds pretty fast and thats why they eat non stop. With the new balance I noticed the hunger didnt go as fast thankfully previously you had to kill and basically consume your enemies while in combat depending on your carry weight.

Machocruz

Arcane
This game has been calling to me for a couple months now, and after I played a "demo" version while out on my boat I couldn't hold off any longer. I was already completely sold on the concept and aesthetic, but it's even more addicting than I imagined. I love this kind of lethal, methodical, meaty gun combat, and I've been looking for a good, grim future, top-down, non-arcadey shooter for a while. Already looked like a near-perfect match from screens and videos, and the game almost completely delivers.

The slice I played first was from October, and it had little in the way of instruction or explanation. I lost my first character rather quickly and wound up having to go into missions naked, with predictable results. I read stealth was the way to go in that situation, but made the mistake of trying to do defense missions a few times, where everyone zeroes in on your location almost immediately (didn't understand mission types yet). Then I had a few better runs where I was able to get an early melee weapon, catch people sleeping and gradually gear up with proper armor, guns, and items. Almost even completed a mission until I got heavily injured, tried sprinting away from a big quasimorph while trying to use healing items, but not knowing you can't do that while in sprint. Lost all health and died thinking I had contracted some kind of status effect that disables inventory lel.

The most recent version is quite different. There is an opening story mission instead of a basic tutorial, and more guidance over all. There's more moons. Rarely do I catch enemies sleeping (almost everyone was asleep while sneaking on the older version). There are now specific barter items to trade in instead of the normal gear and consumables. You start off with quite a bit of gear already in your cargo. There's now a difficulty rating listed for each mission.

This has potential to be a dream game to me, they just need to flesh it out and polish it up.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom