Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage on.

There is little more annoying than when something says "we are taking this important functionality away from you because a few people out there would struggle to operate it correctly"

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hopefully they'll be pressured into patching it out.
i'll be pretty pissed if that shit doesn't recognize my quadro properly, which seems rather likely.

Exmit

Scholar
I bet the name 'Rage' is an inside joke - of what people will think while playing this piece of smoking turd.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
While the fact that the auto-configuring of settings is forced sucks, I actually like the idea in theory. Provided they can alter the visual quality without the transition being noticeable, and I'm in the middle of the action at the time, I think putting fluidity over looks is a good idea, and means I don't have to say, turn down my settings every time I go into a more demanding part of the game world.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I just watched an episode of Breaking Bad that started off with Jesse playing Rage. Can anyone tell me if this shits any good? I don't really care about graphics, I just want to know how the gameplay is? It's not a CoD virtual rail shooter is it?

SoupNazi

I loved how on the show, it literally IS a rail shooter. Almost as if a Codexer put it in the show.

Quake 4 and Wolfenstein. Those were the first signs of id going full casual. Yeah, they were developed by Raven, but what, id couldn't stop them from adding health regen to Wolf and squad members to Quake? Also, nice job setting Q4 in Q2 universe, right after Doom 3. Same metal textures everywhere, same organic gimmicks, almost same darkness. Lazy fuckers.
Menckenstein said:
:salute: :bro:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Quake 4 seemed like a decent game, except they dropped co-op support from the series (I never forgive anyone for this), and, after upgrading to Vista, the game stopped running as their DRM asked me for a serial I already lost with the box.

So I quit.

MapMan

Arcane
They day doom game will have health regen is the day we will know for sure that Id isnt capable of producing a quality game ever again.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Excommunicator said:
There is little more annoying than when something says "we are taking this important functionality away from you because a few people out there would struggle to operate it correctly"
More like because they get more monies from hardware makers

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
pc gamers get access to the dev console which allows manual tweaking of settings, apparently.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MapMan said:
They day doom game will have health regen is the day we will know for sure that Id isnt capable of producing a quality game ever again.
To be honest, Doom 3 was what sealed the deal for me. That their last single-player FPS before it was 6 years earlier, and that in the 7 years since they've not developed anything, was indication enough that nothing good would come out of them again. Rage might turn out to be alright, but I'll be genuinely (and pleasantly) surprised if it's anything more.

shihonage said:
Second review?
RPG elements that include resource collection, a robust crafting system, a mess of minigames, and more sidequests
:yeah:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Hoping resource collection is not l4d2 or me2 resource collection

It's a shame too Fallout 3 fucked up "survival game elements" for me, unfortunately I think this is permanent

Well well well. This looks not bad at all. Hmmm... mb if there will be a mod which will remove health regen, i´ll give it a try.
Fake Edit: i almost forgot that i have to play the game, to write an article for my website about games from id. In Ukrainian language. I made it like a month ago. First in UA-net, can you imagine? Fuckin USSR, people have used to Russian language.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I DONT TRUST MOST OF THE PCTARDS HERE TO HAVE AN INTELLIGENT OPINION EITHER WAY

SOME BROS JERK OFF OVER EVERY NEW POPAMOLE

SOME BROS JERK OFF OVER ANY PEACE OF SHIT THAT CLAIMS ANTIPOPAMOLE IN PREVIEWS

SOME BROS JERK OFF OVER GAMES NO ONE ELSE LIKES

CRITICAL THINKING ON THIS FORUM IS ONLY SLIGHTLY MORE PREVALENT THAN GAMESPOT LOLLOLOL

Multi-headed Cow

Game is apparently poop. Bros on my friends list who started playing on PC are mentioning massive texture pop in even on PC. And since you can't adjust any graphical settings beyond resolution and AA, welp.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
After reading the Ars Technica review, I decided to RMA the package on arrival, just like I did with RE: Mercenaries 3DS.

EDIT: Now UPS may attempt to pick this up before UPS delivers it in the first place. FUCK, Amazon!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom