Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Raise hand if PC elitist

Fez

Erudite
Bluebottle said:
davidhoratiity6.jpg

Your rapier-like wit entertains, as always.

:revsionisthistory:

The_Pope

Scholar
I'm smug, elitist, and smug about being a smug elitist. Anything that lets me sneer at random strangers over the internet is XXXTR333M AWESOME.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, not buying a machine specially designed for games, but playing on a common household item is really classy...
o/

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
There was a time when I used to game on PC and consoles (occasionally) - having said that, I realized the error of my ways a long time ago.

o/

LCJr.

Erudite
Not I. KOEI's games kept my NES in use for a long time. When I had a PSX it was more KOEI, SSI's General series, Civ2 and the two Warhammer(the PSX version of SotHR has a lot better camera view).

LCJr.

Erudite
I was going to add to my last post I don't own a console now but I don't look down on them.

I dunno Skyway. The Nintendo DS seems to be a popular platform for strategy games these days.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
I prefer PC gaming overall, but I don't despise console games. There are a few pretty great console-exclusives. It seems it's simply that the trend of making everything for the "casuals" who just want to pop in a disc and be just sufficiently entertained has affected consoles much more heavily. Basically, what Hory said. (And yes, Mareus, your list is shit)
skyway said:
I hope that you will realize your mistake, sir.
Do explain. I can't recall too many good action games of the non-FPS variety that weren't console games at some point. Maybe I'm just getting senile.

Fez

Erudite
LCJr. said:
Not I. KOEI's games kept my NES in use for a long time. When I had a PSX it was more KOEI, SSI's General series, Civ2 and the two Warhammer(the PSX version of SotHR has a lot better camera view).

You played the Warhammer games on the PSX? Were you one of the many poor souls suckered into hammering that button during combat to fill up the bar only to find out that it did nothing? :D

LCJr.

Erudite
I had an aftermarket controller with a turbo button:)

Divinity: Original Sin
PC... because I can play all PC games, old and new, and old console games... and eventually, the new ones will become old and be also playable.

I also like the PC because it's aways "dying", while the console are aways on wars, and they get dead till the next generation.

The PC is a sneaker... while every console are fighting, the PC goes along its way. certaily, some realeases are console exclusives, but eventually, as I said, they'll come to the PC. PC exclusives, although rare, remain exclusives.

i'm not discussing the quality of pc games over consoles, because the tendency right now is to do everything the same. Pc and console games today are almost the same thing. And crapy games will aways be a majority, and the really good games will appear once in two years. as it has aways been.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Being a PC "elitist" is really cool I think, maybe we should get the message about a bit further, like try to get an interview on 4chan about how consoles sucks, and so then we'll get the praise we deserve but our mothers never gave us.

Balor

Arcane
I guess I am, and will remain one untill 99% of console games will remain mostly for action-loving teeager crowd. What's the point of having a dedicated piece of gaming hardware and having nothing worthwhile to play on it?

szoreny

Novice
Lancaster County Pennsylvania United States Amuric
Though my first games were on PC....Boss games.....Bruce Lee......ZZZork

I grew up with consoles. PC was always there however, and through emulation PC can now show me how terrible my console-bound childhood favorites (NES-PSX) actually are. Thanks PC, you may be a tool, but you have my heart.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
*hugs dreamcast* don't worry baby, they won't get us alive, i promise. *puts two rounds into revolver*

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Better games"

*cough* POR2 *cough*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom