Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just read that it will have dual audio. I will start with the English voices. If the dub is unbearable, I will switch to Japanese.

Martius

Liturgist
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/nis-america-will-no-longer-publish-atlus-games-europe
“Around ten days ago, we terminated our alliance with Atlus in Europe and the US,” Yamashita told MCV.

“Atlus became very picky about selecting the European publishing partner after it was bought by Sega. It always cherry picked its EU publishing partner based on who offered the highest minimum guarantee on a title by title basis. I noticed that it was very difficult for NIS America to establish an equal-partnership with Atlus.
:rage:
Great, another company stops releasing Atlus game in EU. Which one is it now? I know previous one was Ghostlight but I probably missed a few. There were not perfect but at least we usually got both physical and digital version. So far best Atlus effort is Conception 2 and over a year for digital only Shin Megami Tensei 4. Maybe there will be some miracle and Sega will finally step in but at this point I would not be surpised if they prefer no dirty european money rather than what they would get from NISA.

Archibald

Arcane
So is this Sega fucking up shit or has this started even before they were bought out?

Martius

Liturgist
So far NISA could release all recent Atlus 3ds game without any problems. If something happened it is probably recent thing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
CyberConnect2 (Tail Concerto, .hack games, Naruto games) is opening a new studio in Montreal and developing several self-published titles for Steam, PS4, Xbox One: http://gematsu.com/2016/04/cybercon...-shooting-action-game-opening-montreal-studio

The first game is a "shooting action" game with the feel of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

I'm glad they're working on their own games other than licensed games. Hope they get a chance to make more exploration focused games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another Taiwanese RPG is coming to Steam, Tale of Wuxia: http://store.steampowered.com/app/377530/

It's out now.

ss_79a7b42f6e55018601178dd816097acf439091ae.600x338.jpg

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I tried that Tales of Wuxia. It looks like a good game but that Engrish translation is too much for me. Hopefully it'll be successful enough that they can eventually hire a proper translator or at least a good editor.

duanth123

Arcane
Ikusa Megami Zero a.k.a. Battle Goddess Zero, by Eushelly (creators of the second greatest H-RPG of all time, Kamidori Alchemy Meister), has received an English language patch

https://vndb.org/v768

http://nekohen.org/translations/

The game plays (so far, first two chapters) like a standard turn based JRPG, but with tasteful monster rape, a passable script (minor engrish), unconventional themes and best of all, a protag that, while no Rance, is not a dumb, whiny bag of rocks.

1092.jpg

NSFW:
1095.jpg

duanth123

Arcane
That's an interesting claim... EGS would say

No less interesting than heedless deference to a ranking system, I would hope.

Sure, but you need to at least have something specific to say about why it is your #2, otherwise data trumps anecdote. You can see the averages for yourself http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2...title&mode1=tokuten&erogame=null&coterie=null

Your "data" is a collation of a bunch of random Japanese NEETs' opinions.

In other words, a catalogue of anecdotes that by some act of autism you've mistaken as the end result of scientific calculations and hentai mathematics. Number of H-sessions divided by the square root of tasteful rape, carry the loli. Is that how you think they came up with those numbers?

I would rather you attempt to disabuse me of my view. That would be far more interesting than your regurgitation of popular opinion.

duanth123

Arcane
One could say the same about the Codex top 70.

Who says I care about or place any faith in the Codex top XX lists as a metric of actual quality?

I would have more sympathy with this view if the aggregates produced a totally nonsensical result, but they don't.

This is a conclusory statement, oasis. Avoid these.

you're the one with the extraordinary claim in the first place!

Are you a time-traveling 19th century English gentlemen?

Have you familiarized yourself with the notion of a personal opinion? We plebs get to have those in this century.

Kamidori, as far as eroge stories go, is charming but nothing to write home about, and that's what I think most EGS reviewers are basing their assessment on. And if we are to judge it as a SRPG by eroge standards, it's certainly very good, but that's a low bar.

I bitterly laugh at these points. You must have traveled far enough ahead in your time machine at one point to have reached a period where competently produced games with storylines and characters inoffensive to the intelligence of the consumer, three bangin' waifus, and excellent SRPG gameplay , particularly in a niche area,are commonplace.

Need I also remind you that the majority of the VNs on that list are not rpgs and in fact have no gameplay apart from branched dialogue options.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Aselia the Eternal is coming next week: http://store.steampowered.com/app/445420/

And it's out.

Story

You are Takamine Yuuto, an orphan who lives only to care for his sister and ensure they make it through their ordinary everyday lives (with a little help from their friends). One day he is suddenly interrupted by a call from beyond this Earth - he has been summoned through a mystical portal to the distant land of Phantasmagoria!

With his sister Kaori held hostage, Yuuto must fight as an Etranger - a warrior of power - and take up the sword to fight alongside the beautiful female Spirits who protect the land from the evil that threatens to consume it. With these new comrades, a tale of desperate heroism, newfound purpose and tender romance unfolds...

Features
  • Gain allies with 21 playable characters.
  • Conquer 38 towns across 23 different tactical missions.
  • Experience nine unique endings based on your gameplay choices.
  • Unlock hundreds of skill upgrades.
  • Uncover secret items and 'easter eggs'.
  • Challenge yourself with three levels of difficulty.
  • Over 50 hours of RPG gameplay.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Experience Inc. announced 3 new RPGs in Japan.

An extended edition of Stranger of Sword City for PS Vita, due out on July 21. New dungeons, new classes, new events, new additions to the combat system, re-balance and other improvements. A way to piss off western players. :eek:

Demon Gaze 2 for PS Vita.

Yomi wo Saku Hana for Xbox One. They say it's "a new kind of hack and slash", not a blobber.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
An extended edition of Stranger of Sword City for PS Vita, due out on July 21. New dungeons, new classes, new events, new additions to the combat system, re-balance and other improvements. A way to piss off western players.
Whatever. I don't even care. I just like having the game in general.
:badnews:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom