Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
well at least I hope Tencent can make something worthy of Jinyong's license instead of total mobile or MMO trash

Modron

Arcane
I can't imagine willingly buying something with Tencent's ACE DRM in it.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Wuxia games don't need to keep getting more graphically advanced, just keep pumping out Tale of Wuxias forever and I'll keep buying multiple copies of all of them.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Developed by a studio in Shanghai. Mystery rpg, turn-based combat, party-based and release window is set to Q1 2023. Will have English translation, price is $40.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Eh game looks interesting so depending on regional price I am probably buying it. Some sort of urban occult fantasy as well a very underused theme.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Cross-posting this because I think it's quite relevant to this thread:
I usually prefer using individual emulators rather than Retroarch, but this is really cool: with the new DOSBox Pure update you can now run Windows 98 in Retroarch, which allows you to use its AI service to do OCR translations of the entire screen on the fly:

This was already possible with DOS & console games, now can be used on any untranslated Windows 95/98 games as well, from any language into any other.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
That's amazing. I should try it to play the older Chinese RPGs.

Retroarch AI translation remains the best for 1 single reason: it is using Google OCR engine. Matter of translation is easy so long you can get the text first which is the most important part. A lot of 3rd party OCR engine just plain sucks or require so much hassle (taking picture then uploading manually). That OCR (and some extent Ztranslate which is it based on) is integrated and seamless with RA is its biggest boon. It can work even on shitty pale blue box with white text of some Japanese games.

notpl

Arbiter
Isn't Legend of Wulin heroes just Tale of Wuxia but with fewer and uglier waifus?
Don't forget horrendous combat without any of the cool animations and where all the enemies have literally 20-30x the health. Some of the art is better in the original for sure though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_f328c1bc8cc55c091c9327420bb117d663878e56.600x338.jpg
ss_d974890e3408cab2194b14d454ccb2e82a52a608.600x338.jpg

"Hero's Adventure" is an open world RPG game: a pixel version of the Jianghu survival simulator. It restores the experience of a common person standing out from the bottom of the heap.

Game Features​

• Train your body and soul to master over one hundred forms of martial arts, including schools for fists, blades, spears, staves, and musical instruments!
    %E9%80%89%E6%8B%A9.gif

• Hero's Adventure has no true main quest; follow your adventurer's spirit and choose your own path.
    %E9%80%89%E6%8B%A9.gif

• Immerse yourself in rich interactions with NPCs. Discover friendship - and more - with diverse adventurers from across five regions as you navigate complex interpersonal relationships.
    %E6%B4%AA%E5%B0%8F7.gif

• No martial arts adventure would be complete without danger, though remember things aren't always black and white - not every problem should be resolved with your fists! You'll encounter a variety of ways to resolve situations, even if you don't get the resolution you wanted.
    %E7%89%A2%E6%88%BF1.gif

• Get lost in an immersive and vibrant pixel world. NPCs follow their own schedule according to their own independent behavioral AI.
    %E6%97%A5%E5%A4%9C.gif

The game currently only supports Chinese.

They say it's being translated.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron

ss_f328c1bc8cc55c091c9327420bb117d663878e56.600x338.jpg
ss_d974890e3408cab2194b14d454ccb2e82a52a608.600x338.jpg

"Hero's Adventure" is an open world RPG game: a pixel version of the Jianghu survival simulator. It restores the experience of a common person standing out from the bottom of the heap.

Game Features​

• Train your body and soul to master over one hundred forms of martial arts, including schools for fists, blades, spears, staves, and musical instruments!
    %E9%80%89%E6%8B%A9.gif

• Hero's Adventure has no true main quest; follow your adventurer's spirit and choose your own path.
    %E9%80%89%E6%8B%A9.gif

• Immerse yourself in rich interactions with NPCs. Discover friendship - and more - with diverse adventurers from across five regions as you navigate complex interpersonal relationships.
    %E6%B4%AA%E5%B0%8F7.gif

• No martial arts adventure would be complete without danger, though remember things aren't always black and white - not every problem should be resolved with your fists! You'll encounter a variety of ways to resolve situations, even if you don't get the resolution you wanted.
    %E7%89%A2%E6%88%BF1.gif

• Get lost in an immersive and vibrant pixel world. NPCs follow their own schedule according to their own independent behavioral AI.
    %E6%97%A5%E5%A4%9C.gif

The game currently only supports Chinese.

They say it's being translated.

Interesting, the Dev studio name looks familiar.
It could be one of the developers of a popular fan-made Unity Jinyong game.

EDIT: Oh yea, it is a popular dev of Jinyong fan games. Not the Unity one though.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Well, VARIOUS DAYLIFE was previously Apple Arcade exclusive. It makes one hope Fantasian may also be rescued.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game released today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom